Is there a 12V power cord that has USB passthrough? (so I can charge my phone from the same outlet)

philfromqueens

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently installed my first dash cam, the dual channel Street Guardian. It works great so far but the only issue is that my car only has one 12v outlet and now I have no way of charging my phone. And I need to charge my phone since I use it for navigation. I know someone is going to recommend I hardwire it but I am planning on selling the car in the next few months so I dont want to do any permanent installations.

Some newer cars have a phone charge plug in the glove box or something, but otherwise your best solution are a splitter sort of what niko come up with.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263621088056
it will be messy but should tie you over untill you get a more future proof car.

I'd probably just pick up a portable battery pack for the time being, then look at my needs once after I sold.
Not a bad thing to have around, regardless if you had a usb slot or not.

Thanks I didn't even realize there was a splitter for the cigarette power outlet. That seems like the best option.
I'd probably just pick up a portable battery pack for the time being, then look at my needs once after I sold.
Not a bad thing to have around, regardless if you had a usb slot or not.

Currently I am using a backup battery starter that I keep in my glovebox but eventually I will have to take that home in order to charge it so it adds another inconvenience. plugging my phone charger into the car outlet is just the most convenient.

Back