(2018) RHUNDO RS-20S / RS-20ST 3-Way Car Cigarette Lighter Splitter + 2 USB with REMOTE TOUCH SENSOR Switch Panel

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Overview of the RHUNDO RS-20S / RS-20ST* 3-way Car Cigarette Lighter Splitter.
*RS-20ST - Temperature Sensor is included in the package. For RS-20S a Temperature Sensor must be bought separately if needed.

Designed in Korea by STYLISHWIZ which is Korea's prominent automotive accessory designer.
RHUNDO is a premium brand that focuses on providing upscale, high quality automotive electronic accessories to customers in Korea, China, Europe and North America.

SPECIFICATIONS
- Input Voltage: DC 10V-25V
- Load Capacity for Outlets: 6A(˜72W) for Single / 9A (˜108W) for Total
- USB Output (Max): DC5V, 2.4A (Single) / 3.4A (Total)
- Overload Protection for the Outlets
- Overcurrent Protection for The USB Ports
- Low Voltage Warning
NEW 2018 Features
- Start-up Delay Timer: 1-30 Sec.
- Automatic Power-off Timer: 1-120 Min.
- Temperature Display Range: -50°C+120°C
- (BDP) Battery Discharge Prevention / Low Voltage Cut-off, Selectable: 11.0V-14.0V

• The Touch Sensor Power Switches allow you to turn on/off the power for each of the three extended outlets or USB ports with a touch of a finger.
  • Adjustable brightness allows you to choose between 9 levels of brightness for the backlighting of the switches.
  • The Start-up Delay feature allows you to specify the length of delay time for 1-30 secs. before the device switches on.
  • Auto Power-off allows you to specify the length of time for 1-120 mins. until the device will automatically power off after the engine shuts off. This feature is especially useful for vehicles with an "always on" type of cigarette lighter socket.
  • Manually or Automatically switching the four display modes: 1) car battery voltage, 2) USB output Amp reading, 3) Timer 4) Temperature* (optional, requires temperature sensor)*.
  • Temperature Display (Optional, requires temperature sensor)
  • Power status memory for the Touch Sensor Switches & The Master Power Switch.
  • Both the four touch sensor power switches and the master power switch are capable of remembering their ON or OFF status when the device is powered off and restore to their previous status when the device is powered up again.

"FN" Functions Description

Function 1 (Fn.1): Adjustable delay boot
Startup Delay allows setting the length of time 1-30sec between the moment the device is connected to the power supply and the moment it really switches on, to protect your attached appliances from the effect of voltage surges during the engine startup.

Function 2 (Fn.2): Adjustable delay automatic shutdown
Tailored for those vehicles with "always on" type of cigarette lighter sockets.
The Automatic Power-off feature allows specifying the length of "waiting time" for 1-120min until the device will automatically switch off after the engine shuts off.
Auto Power-off saves you the hassle of having to manually turn off the device by using the master power switch.

Function 3 (Fn.3): Threshold voltage setting / (BDP) Battery Discharge Prevention
This is an extended feature of Function 2 (Fn.2). Protects car battery from discharging and the device from switching off if there has been a temporary voltage drop in the circuit.
When the voltage reaches Fn.3 selected value (configurable between 11.0V-14.0V, with 0.1V step) the device will power off after the time length selected in the Function 2 (Fn.2)

Function 4 (Fn.4): Temperature Display* (requires optional Temperature Sensor)
Three options for temperature display setting: Celsius, Fahrenheit, OFF.
Reminder: Be sure to toggle off the temperature display function (set Fn.4 to OFF) before using the temperature sensor USB port to charge your appliances, to avoid unstable charging current or potential damages caused to the charging equipment.

NB!
THIS DEVICE IS INTENDED TO OPERATE ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES ONLY AND CANNOT BE USED TO HEAT UP CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!
Motorized appliances with very high power, such as tire inflators etc. are not suggested to operate on this device. These appliances may draw several times their normal full-load current the moment they are run on, which is likely to cause permanent damage to the device despite the availability of overload protection circuit.

RHUNDO RS-20S (1).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (2).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (3).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (4).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (5).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (6).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (7).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (8).jpg

RS-20ST Package Content (ncl. Temperature Sensor). RS-20S Doesn't include Temperature Sensor.
RHUNDO RS-20ST (9) Package Content.jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (10).jpg

The PDF User Manual is available to download from HERE.

Last edited:
Nice detailed break-down, thanks @niko ,nice listings on Amazon UK too.

@OCD Tronic / @OCD Tronic Canada will have all RHUNDO products in stock on Amazon.com and Amazon.CA asap. (freight is on the way as we speak)

Last edited:
Isent it fun, the next best thing always come along when you are fully committed to something else :cautious:

My friend and I have this and it's good. It has possibly the most features in the market. The temperature sensor is also very accurate once the cabin temperature stabilize. It's very convenient as I can hide the socket and only expose the touch sensor switch in view.

It would have been perfect if the cable for the touch sensor switch can be made detachable from the outside so that I could route the cable through an available tiny hole on my dash rather than expose part of the wire through a longer run. I have dismantled the socket and saw that although the touch sensor switch cable is using a removable connector on the socket pcb, it is fused to a rubber sleeve together with the power cable wires of the socket plug that are soldered to the pcb. So I thought perhaps I try to open up touch sensor switch instead to see if the other end is also using a connector but the sensor switch is difficult to dismantle without risk of scaring the shell. If anyone has any idea if this end uses a connector and has the method to dismantle the shell pls share.

Looks like a great accessory for a dashcam tester! I already have a 5-way USB splitter but without a remote control. I'll add it to my wish list.

This is a great option for those that have an always hot cigarette port (Many Fords do etc) and don’t want to hardwire to their fuse panel. It’s truly plug and play ready to go. (very easy DIY)

Very happy with the one here too in the rear 12V socket in a Volvo XC90.

I had teething issues initially and think it was a mixture of me leaving the plastic on the touch screen triggering the touch panel randomly and the power on delay glitching with my diesel (similar to how a lot of dashcams have issues sometimes powering down at startup with some diesels).

I disabled the power on delay and stripped the plastic at the same time and it has been rock solid ever since so I'm not 100% sure which one did the trick!

I will say the Viofo A119S in-box 12V charger didn't actually seem to fit properly and didn't work with this but the Scosche 12V USB charger I had kicking about was fine.

Looks like a good investment to protect my cam from power surges. And the split capability comes in handy to power Navigation and a car-fridge for long trips this summer :) I'm buying one.

Curious how well this would play with a power supply, like the Cellink-B I'm considering. Anybody have a theory about that?

a car-fridge for long trips this summer

Make sure your fridge works within listed specs of this device.

NB!
THIS DEVICE IS INTENDED TO OPERATE ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES ONLY AND CANNOT BE USED TO HEAT UP CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!
Motorized appliances with very high power,
such as tire inflators etc. are not suggested to operate on this device. These appliances may draw several times their normal full-load current the moment they are run on, which is likely to cause permanent damage to the device despite the availability of overload protection circuit.

Make sure your fridge works within listed specs of this device.

NB!
Motorized appliances with very high power,
such as tire inflators etc. are not suggested to operate on this device. These appliances may draw several times their normal full-load current the moment they are run on, which is likely to cause permanent damage to the device despite the availability of overload protection circuit.

Thanks, that's a good point. So if the fridge uses no more than 72W -preferably a bit less- it should be fine?

RHUNDO products are now available on Amazon.com
We uploaded the same helpful instructional video as well on the product page.

We prefer a good cold box with freezer elements in it, this after my friend for decades have spent money on electric freezers that are only good in cold weather where more cold are not really needed.
After all they can only cool so much under the ambient temperature, so in the back of a really hot car that add up to not so cold by our experience.
On the other hand the cold box and elements pre frozen to weigh in more, but thats rarely a problem for us as we always eat near the cars.
And some times we have burned our fingers by putting frozen meat in the cold box thinking its probably defrosted in 10 hours when we fire up the grill, only to find out,,,, nope still pretty solid meat.
canned beverages ( soda in our case as none of us drink alcohol and surely not drink and drive ) seem to cool down better then the otherwise for me preferred 0.5 Liter plastic bottles.

I will say the Viofo A119S in-box 12V charger didn't actually seem to fit properly and didn't work with this but the Scosche 12V USB charger I had kicking about was fine.

I noticed in a photo someone posted in the A129 Duo forum that the charger that comes with it has an output of 5V/3.1A. Do you think the Scosche would still work with that one even though the Scosche's output is 5V/2.4A (Unless you have a different one than the one I found on Amazon)? I'm assuming that the A129 Duo charger will be the same size/fit as the A119S though, so I guess I'll have to wait and see...

To be honest it would really need someone to run the A129 Duo through a voltage tester such as the USB Doctor when running with everything cranked up to the max to see what power draw there is.

One thing I did notice with the Scosche was that quite a while into it's lifespan it seemed to reduce the power output so bearing that in mind you may have issues - I noticed it as eventually my phone wasn't actually charging while running TomTom.

Saying that the dashcam I had attached was stable so maybe something changed in one of the many Samsung firmwares (I swapped to a QC 3.0 charger in the end which worked around that).

Hi OCD Tronic, is this splitter still available on your Amazon store or anywhere?

We sold out and the factory was on holiday for 2 weeks (bad timing to order more)

more stock is en route and is about a week away.

I have been using this for the past months, and it is rock solid.
I have not used any of the deeper / advanced features as i have it on a switched circuit.
I have learned thanks to the temperature probe, that in the summer, my glove box are not that much colder than the rest of the car interior.
A very sweet route to go if you have a always on source, and you need more ports to plug stuff into (y)

Same here mate, this has been one of those "set and forget" devices in my always on rear power source (once I got past my teething problems mentioned earlier) and has been very useful for me in the back of the Volvo.

Back