Is there any way to manually create an event?

Big Loud Jeff

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered this cam from amazon but haven't received it yet. I dl'ed the manual and searched the web but I have been unable to determine if the cam can be manually forced to save a video when the driver sees something that does not trigger the g-sensor. A couple of websites that advertise this cam say it is possible. Can anyone on this forum possibly confirm that thus is possible please? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

???

The camera is always recording. The only thing different when the g-sensor is triggered is that the video gets a new label. I believe the label is "e".

Under normal recording, the label on the video is "n".

If you see something and want to trigger the video to record as "e", just tap on the camera?

Thanks for the quick response. Basically what I am trying to do is mark a moment in time in the video that I don't want to be recorded over by the automatic deletion of the oldest videos to make room for the newest. I want to be able to make sure the device does not record over a particular piece of video until I manually clear or delete it. On the Lukas camera they allow you to do that by pressing the "Emergency Record Button".

Does forcing the camera to label the current video recording / file as "e" insure that it won't be recorded over? And is there any way to know if I tapped the camera hard enough to trigger a recording?

Thanks!

If you have a 32Gig card it will take over 4 hours of recording to wipe an event You tap it in a certain place on the body, not just anywhere. Try downloading the manual and read it.

As I understand it there has been a problem with when the sensitivity in Parking mode has been set to Zero it still works and this has been addressed. I have my recording mode set to time and don't get too many E's My video doesn't "jump" when it goes from an N file to an E. What do you mean

I never look at mine anyway so unless I have a reason to this sort of thing goes unnoticed or just doesn't worry me,

Last edited:
Thanks Hillbilly. As I stated in my original post I have downloaded and read the manual and saw no mention of tapping the case in order to create event. Perhaps there is a newer version of the manual.

Thanks Hillbilly. As I stated in my original post I have downloaded and read the manual and saw no mention of tapping the case in order to create event. Perhaps there is a newer version of the manual.

Sorry missed that and its not in the manual for the DR500 or the DR400.

Have just d/loaded the latest version of the Manual and its not in there either

One thing to take note of is the settings
You can have normal record ON which records everything
You can have normal record OFF which then only records Events and Parking(if enabled)

By selecting TIME it will DELETE files in the order they were recorded regardless of type.
By selecting TYPE it fills up card in the % you select and then DELETES EACH TYPE in the order of which % fills up first.

Make Sense????

You therefore cannot manually select to record an event as you probably wont react in time unless you have 3 arms LOL

You will be too busy trying to avoid something probably

Last edited:
Back