Is this powerbank with DC12v / 24 V is good to power up in parking mode ?

do you have any manual for this Battery ?
User manual for Black-Vue B-124 can be found here:
https://www.blackvue.com/downloads/power-magic-ultra-battery-b-124-manual/

This manual do not contain information about connecting camera to power bank using hardwire cable. It can be done in two ways:
1)using genuine Black Vue Dashcam hardwiring power cable (3 wired) (photo below)
dashcam-hardwire-power-cable-dch-124-jpg.45570

2)using DIY cables. Parts number of molex components are as follow:
430300007 crimp terminal
797580010 crimp terminal with 300mm 20 AWG cable
436450400 crimp housing

In both cases genuine cable / DIY cable is connected to the hardwire kit. While driving camera will record in normal mode. While parked camera will work in parking mode. Black Vue B-124 have 4-PIN dashcam port. On ACC Pin power appears while battery is charging. It's kind of direct connection between DC IN and dashcam port. This PIN should be connected with the ACC cable on camera hardware kit. The B+ pin on power bank will be connected with BAT cable on camera hardware kit.

I installed B-124 with hardwire kit and Viofo camera in Infiniti Q50 - details about this installation you can find in thread Infiniti Q50 hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual

If you have more question about battery installation you are welcome to continue discussion in Infiniti Q50 hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual thread.

Last edited:
Always in recording mode ?

Is there any way to enable Parking mode with a external battery despite the iVolt Mini External Battery ?

other question, when using a battery you need to connect the hard wiring to the car fuse-box to enable the parking mode ?

Sorry my questions... i'm a newbie with Thinkware i'm just preparing myself to a Q800pro

I have a Thinkware F800 Pro dual channel system mated to a Cellink Neo 6. All hardwired, all professionally installed.

The result is my vehicle now has round the clock video surveillance protection, with a battery that’ll last up to 37 hours in parking mode.

It all works perfectly with no glitches at all. The Cellink Neo 6 also has fast charge capability, so a 35 minute drive SHOULD fully charge it from empty, I believe.

It should be perfect for a Q800 Pro dash cam system too [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It all works perfectly with no glitches at all. The Cellink Neo 6 also has fast charge capability, so a 35 minute drive SHOULD fully charge it from empty, I believe.

Charging Time when hardwired (rapid 9 A charging) takes approx. 40 mins.
While connected to the cigarette socket (standard 5 A charging) it takes approx 80 mins.

Sorry but why he couldn't use the powerbank, car ACC "information" and 3-wire kit together? Just wire-out GND and ACC from car's fuse box - connect GND(powerbank+car), ACC(car), B+(powerbank 12V power).

If you want to make sure anything will not interfere with each other just add couple of diodes (in passthrough direction to dashcam)...

Sorry but why he couldn't use the powerbank, car ACC "information" and 3-wire kit together? Just wire-out GND and ACC from car's fuse box - connect GND(powerbank+car), ACC(car), B+(powerbank 12V power).

If you want to make sure anything will not interfere with each other just add couple of diodes (in passthrough direction to dashcam)...

Power bank is connected to the car with ACC+ and GND-.
Hardwire is connected to the power bank with 3 wires - ACC+, BAT+ and GND-. ACC+ on power bank is kind of direct connection between power bank and car while car is charging power bank. While car is parked only BAT+ on power bank is powered. This 3 wire connection is to support parking mode functions managed by hardwire. This connection is described here.

Charging Time when hardwired (rapid 9 A charging) takes approx. 40 mins.
While connected to the cigarette socket (standard 5 A charging) it takes approx 80 mins.

I stand corrected. [emoji106]

I have a 30 minute drive to work in the morning and my Cellink Neo is usually at about 66% SoC, having been parked 14 hours earlier.

It’s fully charged by the time I get to work, and the journey back takes about 45 minutes to an hour, which also fully charges it up for the night.

I drive out once over the weekend, usually on Saturday. An hour’s total driving, and that sees it through till Monday morning when I’m off to work at 5.20am [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Power bank is connected to the car with ACC+ and GND-.
Hardwire is connected to the power bank with 3 wires - ACC+, BAT+ and GND-. ACC+ on power bank is kind of direct connection between power bank and car while car is charging power bank. While car is parked only BAT+ on power bank is powered. This 3 wire connection is to support parking mode functions managed by hardwire. This connection is described here.
Aaaah, that's my point, except the charging of the powerbank which is pretty straightforward...

EDIT: Hold on a second, i'm talking about "POWERBANK" which was the author's question at the beginning.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B F800 / F800 PRO 7
Back