Is this the real F500LHD?

Thanks tjani for sharing the videos. The comparison with the Panasonic SD-700 is great. During the day, I thought the F500LHD did a bit better but the Panasonic did better at night. I believe that Panasonic camera cost over $500 when it was released in 2010.

Hi Tony,

I downloaded both files and the 24 does look more pixelated than the 30. It isn't horrible but it could be something that is fixed with a future firmware update. Note that the real F500LHD has a bitrate of 8Mbps. The videos you shared have a bitrate of 5Mbps. This low bit rate may be a problem as well. When there is a lot of information in the image like trees and leaves the quality looks worse. I think the Itronics ITB-100HD suffers from this as well since it has a low bitrate of 6Mbps. How are the videos in other environments like city driving?

Also the 30 video seems to be more shaky. Perhaps a more stable mount is required.

Hi Serg,

I haven't seen that firmware available.

DashCamMan said:
Hi Tony,

I downloaded both files and the 24 does look more pixelated than the 30. It isn't horrible but it could be something that is fixed with a future firmware update. Note that the real F500LHD has a bitrate of 8Mbps. The videos you shared have a bitrate of 5Mbps. This low bit rate may be a problem as well. When there is a lot of information in the image like trees and leaves the quality looks worse. I think the Itronics ITB-100HD suffers from this as well since it has a low bitrate of 6Mbps. How are the videos in other environments like city driving?

Also the 30 video seems to be more shaky. Perhaps a more stable mount is required.

I guess we have 5Mbps because those videos were in 720p, could we ask tjani to confirm the original bitrate in 1080p test video?

Thank you, the 1080p is absolute fantastic!
The camera you bought is a really good purchase for the money spent!

tjani said:

These should be the only firmwares that user-upgradeable, e.g. for The Real Thing:

These firmware files are only compatible for cameras that have an existing firmware of v2.24 T2L-KH to v7.8 T2L-KH. IF THE CURRENT FIRMWARE IN YOUR DASH CAM DOES NOT END IN T2L-KH, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE.

The latest firmware is version 8.9T2L-KH. Click the following link for the latest firmware version. V8.9 T2L-KH
Previous Firmware

Click the appropriate link to download any of the previous firmware files.

V7.8 T2L-KH
V7.4 T2L-KH
V7.1 T2L-KH
V6.8 T2L-KH
V5.8 T2L-KH
V5.5 T2L-KH
V4.4 T2L-KH
V3.6 T2L-KH
V3.4 T2L-KH
V3.2 T2L-KH
V3.1 T2L-KH
V2.6 T2L-KH

hello all,
I just ordered a F500 from alixpress thanks to good test results reported here.
Picture quality seems to be ok on a first glance (though a bit noisy under low light, and image stabilization is poor or not existent at all).
The menu item description for "stamp" doesn't show up all the time, only on/off is visible then.
The firmware version is V1.14 T2L-KH, which I didn't find mentioned anywhere on this site.
The seller says it is newer than V8.9 T2L-KH and can be updated vice versa.
It seems a bit strange that major number 1 should be newer than 8, only explanation would be, that 1 means 10 and there's no free space to store the extra '0'.
Exif data shows: DeSheng AMHD501

Is this a real F500? What is the latest firmware that can be used for this cam?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Talontsi96 said:
Just found this vendor selling the F500LHD. I'm ready to pull the triger on it but want to first confirm that this is the real deal not one of the fakes.

here is a link to the site. The price is cheaper than the $90 as it is listed at $76

http://www.cardvrcameras.com/dod-f500lhd-camcorder.html
This site sells genuine F500LHD, and I too bought one for $76 including postage to Thailand. I also paid a few extra dollars extra for 'signed for' delivery. The firmware is 'GH'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received mine.
The firmware version is v6.9 T2L KH.

Back