Issues with power and recording

JamesU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've had my Xiaomi for a fair few weeks now and it's been working fine up until recently.

I have a 32GB card inside and up until this last week it hasn't been auto-powering up with my car start, i have to manually turn it on whenever i get in the car and then it will work fine.

The other issue i have is it has the red camcorder icon flashing top left and the yellow LED flashes for a second on then a second off as it's meant to, but when i check any footage i have it's not there all the time, it's really hit and miss and i don't know whats causing this.

For instance, this last weekend i did around 200mile, it recorded fine on Saturday but then the footage it was meant to have shot on my drive home and in to work this morning isn't there.

I usually have a habit of checking that the yellow LED is flashing and that the red camcorder icon is flashing red also.

The firmware was upgraded while i was having the issue and it hasn't fixed anything.

The SD card isn't a cheap special either, it's one that i had in one of my old Samsung phones ages ago.

Thanks for any help!

memory cards aren't like red wine, they don't get better with age, always worth trying a different card

I could do, it's an official Samsung card around 3 years old with the "10" rating.. but with the non-power on issue i'm thinking it's something more than just that.

I've just been checking through and it's recorded the last 1:30m of my journey this morning but with the date as 2016/01/01 17:01 - It would've actually been 2016/05/25 9:01

Thanks for the help so far!

there are probably deeper issues but never say never with this kind of stuff

does it boot correctly when there is no memory card installed?

there are probably deeper issues but never say never with this kind of stuff

does it boot correctly when there is no memory card installed?

Nope, i have to manually turn it on by holding the far right button, i have to hold it once and it does nothing then release and push again, it'll only ever turn on with the second push - weirdly.

I've just been going through my folders and the EMR folder with the emergency stuff i always end up catching all have the date of 01/01/2016

I've noticed that the battery doesnt hold any charge at all, maybe that could be the issue and i just have a faulty camera!

I've noticed that the battery doesnt hold any charge at all, maybe that could be the issue and i just have a faulty camera!

most likely, you would have expected it should last longer than this though, or hoped it would at least

most likely, you would have expected it should last longer than this though, or hoped it would at least

Yeah i'd hope so too!

I bought it from TinyDeal so i'm hoping their returns or exchange policy isn't too difficult :(

Wiped the card and reset the dash cam. Seems to be ok. I'll see how I get on.

In the settings on the camera I've seen a new icon (possibly with the latest firmware)

It's a light bulb inside a screen. If I change it it goes to a clock inside the screen. Only those two options. Does anybody have any idea what this means as its in Chinese still! Thanks!

It's the "clock screensaver" option. Also in the latest firmware you can turn on/off the chime when the camera starts/stops. If you'll use the latest version of the smartphone app you'll have all these setting options in english.

Wiped the card and reset the dash cam. Seems to be ok. I'll see how I get on.

In the settings on the camera I've seen a new icon (possibly with the latest firmware)

It's a light bulb inside a screen. If I change it it goes to a clock inside the screen. Only those two options. Does anybody have any idea what this means as its in Chinese still! Thanks!
I think I have same problem as you.. My dashcam could not turn on when no power is plugged in.. Everytime I restart (power supply) the date stamp become 2016 1st Jan.. You solved your problem? How?

Back