It seems impossible to connect to the B1W camera to set it up [SOLVED]

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
I have been trying for literally hours trying to connect to my B1W via the WiFi but I have given up. :(

I need to hire a car for a few weeks and I wanted to use my old B1W in the hire car instead of removing my current dashcam out of my car.
I wanted to check if my B1W was still working normally. I have connected the camera up to a 5v power supply and the B1W booted with a 64Gb card and I heard the camera say, 'SD card detected, recording start' so all seems fine. With the green light showing meaning that the WiFi is on.

I then wanted to change the date/time and other settings using the UCAM app but connecting the app to the camera is impossible.
I have tried connecting with the my phone in the aeroplane mode, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the UCAM app (version 1.9.4.02), I have tried deleting the B1W in the WiFi list and reconnecting with the password '12345678' as it states in picture 4 but this does not work and I have since discovered that the correct password is '1234567890' but it still does not connect. All I am constantly getting is as pictures 2 and 3.

So, it just seems that I will have to drive the hire car with a default start date of 01/09/2015 and time starting at 00:00:00 :(
I am using an Android version of 12.5.
Why hasn't there been an stable update of the UCAM app that connects without these difficulties?
Why isn't there a Windows app I can use to change the B1W settings?

Screenshot_2024-03-19-15.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-19-15-59.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-19-15-58.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-19-15-57.jpg

I think u're using a wrong app to pair with B1W!!!
"Ucam connects to the drive recorder..." i.e a DVR which shows you in the pictures.
Why don't you use B1W app?

I think u're using a wrong app to pair with B1W!!!
"Ucam connects to the drive recorder..." i.e a DVR which shows you in the pictures.
Why don't you use B1W app?
WOW! Thanks for that. I downloaded the B1W-CARCVR app from the Google apps store, opened it and it loaded first time. When I used to use my B1W I always used the UCAM app, sometimes it worked but most of the time it didn't work and was always unstable. I never knew this B1W-CARCVR app existed. I have now uninstalled the UCAM app and will now use the B1W-CARCVR app. (version 1.9.2).
I just hope it continues to work. Thanks again. (y)

Screenshot_2024-03.jpg

U're welcome! Glad I could helped.
As for the app, don't worry! I'm using it for more than 5 years now and it never failed me!

Last edited:
Back