It seems impossible to connect to the B1W camera to set it up [SOLVED]

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
I have been trying for literally hours trying to connect to my B1W via the WiFi but I have given up. :(

I need to hire a car for a few weeks and I wanted to use my old B1W in the hire car instead of removing my current dashcam out of my car.
I wanted to check if my B1W was still working normally. I have connected the camera up to a 5v power supply and the B1W booted with a 64Gb card and I heard the camera say, 'SD card detected, recording start' so all seems fine. With the green light showing meaning that the WiFi is on.

I then wanted to change the date/time and other settings using the UCAM app but connecting the app to the camera is impossible.
I have tried connecting with the my phone in the aeroplane mode, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the UCAM app (version 1.9.4.02), I have tried deleting the B1W in the WiFi list and reconnecting with the password '12345678' as it states in picture 4 but this does not work and I have since discovered that the correct password is '1234567890' but it still does not connect. All I am constantly getting is as pictures 2 and 3.

So, it just seems that I will have to drive the hire car with a default start date of 01/09/2015 and time starting at 00:00:00 :(
I am using an Android version of 12.5.
Why hasn't there been an stable update of the UCAM app that connects without these difficulties?
Why isn't there a Windows app I can use to change the B1W settings?

Screenshot_2024-03-19-15.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-19-15-59.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-19-15-58.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-19-15-57.jpg

I think u're using a wrong app to pair with B1W!!!
"Ucam connects to the drive recorder..." i.e a DVR which shows you in the pictures.
Why don't you use B1W app?

I think u're using a wrong app to pair with B1W!!!
"Ucam connects to the drive recorder..." i.e a DVR which shows you in the pictures.
Why don't you use B1W app?
WOW! Thanks for that. I downloaded the B1W-CARCVR app from the Google apps store, opened it and it loaded first time. When I used to use my B1W I always used the UCAM app, sometimes it worked but most of the time it didn't work and was always unstable. I never knew this B1W-CARCVR app existed. I have now uninstalled the UCAM app and will now use the B1W-CARCVR app. (version 1.9.2).
I just hope it continues to work. Thanks again. (y)

Screenshot_2024-03.jpg

U're welcome! Glad I could helped.
As for the app, don't worry! I'm using it for more than 5 years now and it never failed me!

Last edited:
Hi, and a good day to everyone on this forum. I bought the B1w dashcam two or three years ago but I never installed it on my car. Now I wish to use it as action cam on my motorcycle, while I make some trip around with my friends. But I have some perplexity about which kind of wire I have to use. I have verified that USB wire doesn't work perfectly, It looks like that Wifi connection with the app not works properly, while wire with the connector for lighter charger, it does. Is it the right one way or do you think that it could work also whit the USB wire? Do you think that I ccould have any other problems? Thank you so much and I apologize for my bad english

Ciao Maki. Non preoccuparti! Il tuo inglese va benissimo!
Maybe, first, you should try with another micro usb cable and see if it will solve your problem.
If not, maybe you'll consider buying a cigarette lighter adapter or a hardwire kit.
Good luck! And safe trips!

Thank you so much for your suggestions. The USB cable was the one enclosed in the original package, buy now I will try with an other one. However I am going to buy a cigarette lighter connector wire. I will inform you how It will work.
Bye

Back