ITB-100HB Parking Mode issue - too sensitive

snailtrail

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well my ITB-100HB arrived from Apple-CT with ITV-80 UPC.

Very happy with the unit and vendor - very good quality unit that is easy to use and very good video quality - so far.

The issue Im having is with the parking mode being too sensitive - it records almost the whole time its parked. It will stop recording when in the garage at home with NO movement - but if the car is parked anywhere with even very slight movement in the distance it records - and I believe it records for 5 mins - in which time something else very small has triggered it again.

The result is the supplied 8 GB card is full in about 3 hrs - which means an impact is lost with being recorded over.

I have changed the sensitivity down to the lowest point - but its still too sensitive.

Anyone have similar issue?
Any ideas on a possible fix?

Was thinking either putting some clear tape over the sensor to inhibit its range or purchase a larger SD card - im guessing a 32GD would hold about 12 hrs?

Also a word on safety for those installing any wires in your car either for a Camera or UPC:

1 - Avoid tapping into any fuse or power lead that powers any safety device on the car - ie airbags (often a yellow coloured wire)

2 - When running any of the cables around the car ensure cables are secured behind airbags.

The latest 1.3.2 ITB HD Player have 4 steps for motion sensitivity. Try the most left.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for the response Mtz!

You dont by any chance know where I can get access to the newest player? - the link on this forum doesnt seem to work and have googled to no avail - even the Itronics site seems to be unhelpful...

It is not on the forum but on the Itronics review.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi snailtrail,

For some strange reason, Itronics keeps changing the link for the software. I am hosting the file, so you can download it from here or on the main ITB-100HD page.

Thankyou DashCamMan - have downloaded it and thanks Mtz can see they have added 4 points instead of 3 to the parking sensor - will give it a go.

Maybe Itronics keep changing the link location due to their new company mission: Self Destruction :lol:

Unfortunately even with the extra adjustment of the new player the camera is still recording almost all night.

Its picking up cars/people going past down the far sides of the view point - at maybe 100 meters away and if I park with a tree in front with the leaves moving a little same thing - records the whole time.

Any other ideas guys?

Wheres the movement sensors on these things? - seems it may be internal in the lens?

Yes, the motion sensor is "in the lens" to keep simple explained so you don't have any hole to cover. In motion detect mode the camera is on and the software is starting the recording based on frames image comparison.
But you can use the parking mode only with the Shock-Sensing enabled.

Regarding the motion detect mode how can you expect it to work? Just for the objects which are close to your car? The camera is not so smart to know what person must to be recorded, it can only senses motion.

enjoy,
Mtz

My issue is different.

I have no problem with it recording small movements because I have a 32 Gb card.

The problem is that let's say it will record in parking mode for about 20 min, then looks like it shuts down even if there are still movements (parked at a street were cars pass by all the time).

And it will start back when I reenter the car because I hear those 3 beeps. The camera should be ON anyway because it's connected to the UPC.

I have the Itronics UPC and it's connected to the interior lights fuse.
I don't think that the battery drains below 11.6V. That's the lowest I can set for my UPC. Will try to upload a scanned picture of the manual.
Also I have it setup to 24 hours or 11.6V. Not sure why it turns off after a while (usually 15-25 min).
I have to do m ore testings.

I think there are 4 possibilities.
1. The UPC is not working right.
2. The voltage drops under 11.6 (low probability)
3. The car computer cuts the power to the interior lights after a while to save the battery in case you forgot it on...
4. ..some issues with the camera

Troubleshooting that I have to try:
1. Connect it without the UPC.
2. Connect it to a different fuse.

..these will take me some time to test, but will do it.

Attachments

• UPC002.jpg
    UPC002.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 564
Hi secerator...interesting problem. Really need to troubleshoot like you are planning. Let us know what the problem is when you find out.

Many cars have some protection like a relay delay to save the battery if the user forgot some light on.
Make a test with your interior light: let it on and check back after about 30 minutes if the light is still on.

Your camera is starting again because when you enter in the car, the interior lights are turned ON again by the opened door.

Solution: just try to find another 12V source which is really permanent, not discharge protected.

enjoy,
Mtz

secerator said:
My issue is different.

I have no problem with it recording small movements because I have a 32 Gb card.
I have the same issue as the original poster, although I'm more concerned about the camera draining my battery than I am about the SD card filling up.

The ITB drained your battery so you cannot start the car? If yes, after how many hours of Parking Mode? And how old is your battery?

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
The ITB drained your battery so you cannot start the car? If yes, after how many hours of Parking Mode? And how old is your battery?

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz,

No, it didn't happen to me. I was trying to say I'm worried about that scenario happening. My camera is also set on "Insensitive" and it practically records the whole time.

Thanks for the responses.

What my issue with this camera is Mtz is when parking your car where there is little movement - your car may be damaged and it has been recorded - however with only 3 hrs of record time with the supplied 8 GB card - the chances are that the incident has been recorded over in one night.

So it seems to be an issue with this dash cam and cant be fixed - thats a shame as the parking mode is an important feature to me.
I may have to buy a 32GB SD Card which will give me extra time to notice any damage - anyone tried a 64GB card with this camera?

I consider the Itronics are making just one mistake when is about the Parking Mode: offering lower FPS (for example 15FPS) for parking mode. Also I don't know if the firmware can record with lower resolution in Parking Mode. In this way the camera must to exit some resolution and enter in another when changing the modes from Normal to Parking and I think this is not easy to do, so the simple way is to reduce FPS.
I saw this FPS option on a Livue LB100 camera and also a great firmware UPC mode which can save the battery without buying the "Power Magic" (UPC). With half fps the filesize will be smaller.
But also keep in mind that the 16GB SD Cards are cheap now (the 32GB not so cheap) and if you want to buy one you can use a MicroSD with an adapter. In this way you can use the new card on much more devices.
The Itronics sensitivity Parking Mode I think is implemented OK, the only (in theory) problem is because is brainless and can't decide who is the bad guy and start recording only him.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
Many cars have some protection like a relay delay to save the battery if the user forgot some light on.
Make a test with your interior light: let it on and check back after about 30 minutes if the light is still on.

Your camera is starting again because when you enter in the car, the interior lights are turned ON again by the opened door.

Solution: just try to find another 12V source which is really permanent, not discharge protected.

enjoy,
Mtz

I did exactly this before reading your post :).

This was the issue. The light was turned off after about 15-20 min. I hooked the wire to the power seat fuse. Looks like it's working all night now.
Now I have the issue that the OP has. It films all night because it's seeing the light of the ?alarm? led flashing in the middle of the dash where the windshield meets the dash.
If moving camera up a little to not see the dash, the video gets too dark because it exposes for the highlights (sky) during the sunny days.
Also that blinking light when the car is locked reflects into the windshield too.

Just updated the settings to the last insensitive moving detection in parking mode (in the new player). Didn't check the video yet to see a difference. ..Also as a side note: The new player crashes a lot on Win 7 x64.

(Was it just on my end or this website and forum was down for the past 2 days?)

Use your imagination and try a nice solution to cover in some way that led. If you can see the alarm led from a distance of 2-3 meters is OK so you can put some cover around the led.

The forum was almost OK. Almost.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Use your imagination and try a nice solution to cover in some way that led. If you can see the alarm led from a distance of 2-3 meters is OK so you can put some cover around the led.

The forum was almost OK. Almost.

enjoy,
Mtz

MTZ, I just noticed under you: location: Romania!

Esti roman? Wow.. deabia acum am observat. :)

Back