ITB-100HD SP Smart Plus Model Released

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Itronics has just released an updated version of the ITB-100HD. It is called the ITB-100HD SP (Smart Plus).

dashcamtalk.com_cams_itb_100hd_Itronics_20ITB_100HD_20SP_20Smart_20Plus.jpg

Here is a Google translate of the Korean News Release

In the past year Itronics has sold over 60,000 units of the ITB-100HD. An updated model, the Itroniocs ITB-100 HD SP (Smart Plus) was released on December 5. Smart voice functions, the real high-resolution images at 30 frames, and security features such as LED was mounted.

ITB-100 HD SP (Smart Plus) has enhanced 1920x1080 full HD resolution at 30FPS. This provides high quality recording. Night Vision capabilities, it is possible to recognize that even at night to sharpen things and plates.

Itronics online sales of the official agency ITB-100HD SP Korea LiMo Tech (hwangyoungcheol) online shopping ( http://www.limoshop.co.kr ) through being sold. 16G basis 269,000 from the previous model is the same price level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ITB-100HD Smart Plus Model Released

The main updates appear to be:

1080p @ 30fps instead of 24fps
They reduced the bootup time from 30 seconds to about 15 seconds
Smart voice - will verbally inform on any major status changes
White LED light - not sure what this is for
Reminder to format the video card every 2 weeks

Dash Cam Man

Here is a day video sample.

Night video samples

The list price is the same as the ITB-100HD at 269,000 Korean won. That converts to $250 USD. I'm sure it will be available soon on eBay for lower. Will be interesting to see the price difference when compared to the original ITB-100HD.

Just found a site selling this camera. Seems to be a Korean Online Store that I never heard of and I'm not sure I would trust. They are selling it for $239 and they are selling the original ITB-100HD for $189 with EMS shipping. That is $20 more than the eBay standard shipping sellers. We will probably see it on eBay soon for approx $220.

Is it worth the extra money for the small differences? 24 vs 30fps?

also 'Reminder to format the video card every 2 weeks' - please explain this - never heard of this issue before.

Also looking to purchase this cam - anyone had issues with heat affecting the unit? - i live in hot humid 25-40oC heat all the time and want to use it in park mode - ie on all the time. Im after a quality unit that wont lock or play up.

Thanks

They should made a Power On/Off button.
Even if I can hack myself the current Audio button to use it as Power button.
I think the voice mode is the only enhancement. And if that voice is only in Korean? As you can see they can't make until now an english manual.

enjoy,
Mtz

snailtrail said:
Is it worth the extra money for the small differences? 24 vs 30fps?

also 'Reminder to format the video card every 2 weeks' - please explain this - never heard of this issue before.

Also looking to purchase this cam - anyone had issues with heat affecting the unit? - i live in hot humid 25-40oC heat all the time and want to use it in park mode - ie on all the time. Im after a quality unit that wont lock or play up.

Thanks

Hi snailtrail,

Not sure it is worth the extra money. Video quality might be a bit better but given the hardware is likely similar if not identical, it probably does not make a huge difference. For $10 to $20 it might be worth it. For $50 more, it is a bit expensive.

In the ITB-100HD user manual (p.35), it states that you should format the SD card 2 times a week to extend the life of it. I am guilty of not doing this! This new feature will verbally remind you to format the card (not sure if it is every 2 weeks or twice a week). Really not that useful a feature.

I haven't heard of any heat issues yet. This camera is somewhat popular in Singapore which is hot / humid most of the year. No big issues reported there. Note that this camera is about a year old so long term longevity is unknown. But in one year's time, I'm sure there will be cheaper and better cameras!

Mtz said:
They should made a Power On/Off button.
Even if I can hack myself the current Audio button to use it as Power button.
I think the voice mode is the only enhancement. And if that voice is only in Korean? As you can see they can't make until now an english manual.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz,

Interesting about the Power On/Off button. Hacking it is one solution for an on/off button. Another option is to purchase a BlackVue Power Magic Pro. The Pro Version has an On/Off Switch.

[Broken External Image]:http://led-car.ru/shop/images/1035/power_Magic_Pro_for_blackvue-3.jpg

I would guess the voice is only in Korean now. I'm sure in the coming months English voice and manual will be released.

Itronics has indicated they sold over 60,000 units of the ITB-100HD this year. I imagine they have sold less than 1,000 on eBay outside of Korea. Probably another few thousand to authorized dealers around the world. The vast majority are being sold in Korea. Perhaps 50,000+. Hence why we see some very interesting cameras from Korea yet the manufacturers don't even bother with English firmware, manuals, support, etc.

I have spoken with CoreTech here in Australia and they have advised.

We're currently awaiting for this product to arrive for trial / test purposes.
Until such time, it will be matter a quality + performance as to whether to stock this on our product line

As soon as I have more info from them I will pass it on, I will most likely be looking into sourcing one of these cameras.

Thanks Milamber for the update. If authorized dealers are still waiting for this camera, it must only be available in Korea right now. I will keep my eyes open for this camera as well.

Thanks for sharing the link Trollcifer. For $250, it is a bit expensive. I personally would stick with the original version and save myself $70.

Agreed. The difference in money doesn't seem to be worth the extra 6 FPS and Korean voice prompts.

I can open the binary firmware using WinRAR. The .wav voice prompts are clearly visible and extractable. I assume it would be possible to substitute some English ones in their place??

Just a thought.

First you need to translate from korean.
Than maybe YowzaGrimace will want to help at least if is safe just to replace the files unsing WinRar and nothing else.

enjoy,
Mtz

Can some ITB-100HD SP user upload here the setup.bin file from the SD card? I want to compare with the setup.bin file from the ITB-100HD.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back