ITB-100HD Version 2.2 Firmware Available

chai

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've just noticed that the ipassmall website has posted a new v2.2 firmware for the ITB100-HD, located here:

http://ipassmall.co.kr/ipassblack/download_view.asp?bs=&pg=1&seq=63&sf=bSubject&ss=ITB-100HD

(ignore the date under the subject, the downloadable file has a timestamp of 23/1/2014.)

Major Changes (from google translate):
1 improve the picture quality in low light noise suppression sunspots
2 beeps at the end of the delay removal guide
3 cleanup at the end of the optimization
4 internal NAND memory management algorithms improve performance optimization

A quick inspection of the firmware after decompressing shows that it contains an updated kernel, an updated root filesystem (cramfs), and updated recording programs.

For those who decide to upgrade it this version: it is imperative that the camera has a stable power supply while updating, as the camera erases the nand chips that hold the kernel and rootfs before flashing the files, compared to previous firmwares which simply extract and overwrite the recording programs and modules (which shouldn't render a camera unflashable if the update fails).

Also available:

2.2 Bitrate mod: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...adjustable-bitrate-mod-fix-mph-versions.4148/

2.2 MPH mod: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/itb-100hd-version-2-2-firmware-available.3990/#post-50745

Last edited by a moderator:
My itb100hd is currently running on v2.1 firmware and does not have any problem or error.
I was wondering whether to have my itb100hd patched to the latest v2.2 firmware weighing the improvement it should render.

Hi peeps, I have patched the latest firmware of my itb100hd from v2.1 to v2.2.

The upgrade sequence and itb100hd behavior is as follow:
1. Upgrade from SD card around 60 seconds
2. First 26 beeps patching the kernel OS
2. There will be another 3 "reverse" beeps after step 2 has been successfully completed
3. Next comes another 2 beeps
4. Followed by 1 beep - bootup
5. Lastly, 3 normal beeps - normal startup and start recording

Another observation between v2.1 vs v2.2, the ITB100HD shutdown is very fast. As for the recorded daylight footages I cannot tell the difference in quality. I have not got a chance to record the nightime footage but will update here again once I have a chance to do so. The firmware v2.2 is stable so far with no issue and no error.

Thanks Mitch, keep us updated about what else you find.

If v2.2 should fail is it possible to revert back to v2.1?

I have no idea so I'm just asking before going ahead with the v2.2. update.

Hi peeps, I have patched the latest firmware of my itb100hd from v2.1 to v2.2.

The upgrade sequence and itb100hd behavior is as follow:
1. Upgrade from SD card around 60 seconds
2. First 26 beeps patching the kernel OS
2. There will be another 3 "reverse" beeps after step 2 has been successfully completed
3. Next comes another 2 beeps
4. Followed by 1 beep - bootup
5. Lastly, 3 normal beeps - normal startup and start recording

Another observation between v2.1 vs v2.2, the ITB100HD shutdown is very fast. As for the recorded daylight footages I cannot tell the difference in quality. I have not got a chance to record the nightime footage but will update here again once I have a chance to do so. The firmware v2.2 is stable so far with no issue and no error.

Hi peeps, I have recorded around a hundred km of night video footages and I have it reviewed.
There is not much noticable difference or vast improvement in low lights recordings but still the footages is good. I think the current Itronics low light video sensor can already see quite well in the dead of the night coupled with some articial lightings. Any higher sensitivity would require a total hardware change.

To summ up on the firmware 2.2, the ITB100HD did not hang after a week of use. Yes, this firmware update gets my thumbs up!

If v2.2 should fail is it possible to revert back to v2.1?

I have no idea so I'm just asking before going ahead with the v2.2. update.

I have not tried downgrading firmwares after upgrading. I do think this might be possible. Perhaps you can check with the seniors and experts here. The new v2.2 firmware update is working well for me... so far. I am hoping more users can get their DVR updated and share their findings.

I would also like to know if it is possible to go back to 2.1 after 2.2 upgrade.

I have compared the cramfs included with this firmware to the one that comes with the camera and the differences are very minor (in fact only 2 files relating to the flashing process were changed; I'm not even sure why Itronics decided to include it), and the other parts such as the kernel and camera programs can be reflashed with the 2.1 firmware. So I believe it is possible to downgrade to 2.1 from 2.2.

Back