iTronics 1TB-100SPW

twodogron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Considering this model primarily because I like the form factor along with the performance as far as I have seen so far but haven't seen any posts on it here yet..................!!

I had a 100SP and was very happy with it, other than the lack of English support. The only downside for me was I wanted wifi to be able to view the files on an iPhone/iPad. The 100SPW should fit that bill however I was still concerned about support so I opted for a JooVuu X. I agree the form factor is very nice on the 100SP series.

Considering this model primarily because I like the form factor along with the performance as far as I have seen so far but haven't seen any posts on it here yet..................!!

Itronics ITB-100 series is one of my favourite form-factors ( design ) and I had one 5y ago. Back then this series was one of the best from performance vs design POV.
Unfortunately ITB-100SPW has very low bit-rate of 6.5Mbps, which would me sort of OK for 3-5y ago, but not in 2016y where most dashcams record 1080p 30Fps 12-15Mbps.

Unfortunately ITB-100SPW has very low bit-rate of 6.5Mbps

Thats another reason I went with the X, although I have to say even with the low bit rate the video quality, even at night, was pretty decent.

As to form factors the A118/B40/ SG9665GC are also in my top favorite. Although the screen is pretty much useless, jokiin has hinted that they are working a new version that would not have a screen......so does that mean WiFi? He is not letting the cat out of the bag just yet.

Reactions: Mtz
Thats another reason I went with the X, although I have to say even with the low bit rate the video quality, even at night, was pretty decent.

Yeah, for over year ( back then 5y ago ) I could not find better dashcam who could beat ITB-100 at night from sensitivity POV. Sad hardware used has limitations, hence no progress from ITB-100 series.

A118/B40/ SG9665GC are also in my top favorite.
I agree entirely but the SG9665GC doesn't have buffered motion detection...............I really like the SG with remote camera and would consider it if another camera could have been added when they bring out the promised later version, besides...no GPS and no WiFi although the screen I suppose takes away the need for WiFi.........
It's avery close call......

That's another thing besides the lack of support, I believe the WiFi is only Windows (not Mac). I maybe wrong tho........

Ok, well that would be a show stopper for me as I'm a total Apple fanboy.

I agree entirely but the SG9665GC doesn't have buffered motion detection...............I really like the SG with remote camera and would consider it if another camera could have been added when they bring out the promised later version, besides...no GPS and no WiFi although the screen I suppose takes away the need for WiFi.........
It's avery close call......

All the same considerations for me so that's why I went with the X, it seems to be the best for almost all my wants. If it had the Itronics form factor that would be the only thing missing but I suspect that the components in the X need a bit bigger case than the SP.

I have the MG600G same form as the RC, which is ok, but again no WiFi.

although the screen I suppose takes away the need for WiFi.........

I guess it depends on what you want the screen/WiFi for. I want it to be able to show to a cop right there at the scene and I think having it on the iPhone/iPad is a better option for me....time will tell.

Later, they added english app on Play Store.
I still consider one of the best cameras for low light and the image is good for such low bitrate.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just bought the iTronics ITB-100SOW and can say the camera itself is great. Very small form factor and with the matte black case you can hardly see it through the windshield. The video quality is good at 1080p 30fps and it's very smooth looking, not choppy or lagging. The main issue I have is with the PC player software. Despite others in the forum stating there is a new 1.4.0 version I'm not able to find it on the iTronics website. The only version they list is 1.0.7 which is very old. The real issue is when you try to install the player. It only installs version 1.0.0 and after install you get a popup stating a newer version is available. If you click upgrade it goes through an upgrade process, fails, and a message in Korean pops up with I assume a failure message because the upgrade never completes. With no newer version on their site I'm stuck with an old buggy version of the player. Also, their website is only shown in Korean so has to be translated to English with Chrome. It's pretty annoying and almost worth just viewing the videos in another player.

That was my only real issue with the Itronics I had, no real English support.

Back