Itronics Firmware Thread

Joklin, Ok then I guess I'll leave it as standard as it would be difficult to get the wife to reformat the card (possibly) every 14hrs). That bits a deal breaker unfortunately.

Nursepeter said:
Joklin, Ok then I guess I'll leave it as standard as it would be difficult to get the wife to reformat the card (possibly) every 14hrs). That bits a deal breaker unfortunately.

it seems not everyone has struck that problem but there's more than a few that have

When you say 12 Mbps Modification + English + km/h in the SP firmware mod, does that mean the spoken language from the unit will be in English?

Thanks

Oh that's great thanks...I will do this mod for sure now :)

Ok guys, what am I doing wrong? I can't get this firmware to load. I got the firmware from the first page of this thread, I unzipped the file. I format the SD card I copy the itb100sp_fw.bin file to the card and insert the SD card in the camera, I plug in the power cord and after a few seconds I get something about SD card in Korean and it starts up but in the same firmware as before 1.2

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to copy the kernel file as well?

Thanks

try turn on the device without sd card, when you hear the sd card error, pop the card in with just the bin file on there

it should beep for a bit, then mumble some korean. switch off and back on again and it should be in english..

I tried that and still no joy. I finally dug out my old windows XP laptop and did a format on that, downloaded the file again, unzipped it and put the .bin file on the card. That did the trick, all's well now have english voice and 12 bit as the files are now about 85 mgs vs 44 before.

Looks like my problem was due to using a Mac for the formatting and unzipping I guess....

Thanks very much to all for your efforts in all this, much appreciated.

glad you got it working, it really is a great mod :)

jamesbcd said:
try turn on the device without sd card, when you hear the sd card error, pop the card in with just the bin file on there

it should beep for a bit, then mumble some korean. switch off and back on again and it should be in english..

Just as a note, I didn't need to power cycle it manually, it restarted itself at the end of the update.

Also, I noticed that pulling the sd card out at the end of a trip (using 12Mbps fw) for the ITB-100HD SP, the card was fairly warm/hot..

Mind you, I didn't actually check how it was doing before the fw upgrade, so I don't really have anything to compare it against.. (just tried it for the first time yesterday with stock firmware, and then again today with dashingthrusnow's updated firmware)

All cameras I've had, when removing the SD card they are very hot. Nothing to be concerned about I don't think..

Just flashed my ITB-100HD.

Weirdly, bitrate remains the same though file size has jumped to 70mb or so per min.

Bitrate is still stuck at 564kbps. Thought i did it wrongly, so i flashed again. Same result. Any idea what i did wrongly?

Bitrate is higher.. use the info option on vlc or mpc. Don't right click properties.

Yup, realised my mistake.

Installed mediainfo and verified that files are now running at 9000+ kbps.

Btw, how is it running on the SP? problem free? I just reformatted my card when i reflashed, so have not yet run into the card full error yet on the HD model.

Works on my SP just fine.

Only get a few days of recording before the 32gb card was full, but it cycled without issue.

I formatted just for the heck of it after 2 weeks.

Flashed the 12mbps firmware on my ITB-100HD 4 days ago.

Running 2 cards alternately, will usually bring one home to view the footage and swap cards.

Card details are
1. The 16gb Itronics card bundled together with the camera (No idea what class)
2. 32GB Class 10 Sandisk Ultra SDHC.

Weirdly, for the past 4 days when im using the Sandisk card, the camera cycled without any issue. Smooth as silk, overwriting previous recordings was error free. No beeping, no errors.

However, with the 16gb card in, the camera is unable to cycle. Unable to format the card via the camera too, I have to manually bring the card to my PC and delete some vids off, and then format it using the camera.

Anyone encounter such a situation? No idea if its the 32gb size that's making a difference, or maybe the sandisk card is just equipped with higher read/write speeds.

Oddly.. I parked infront of the entrance to my work building yesterday.
(didn't realize it would just record all day :S )

When I got back into my car, I was greeted with "SD Card Error" repeatedly.. who knows how long it did that for..
Had to power cycle and reformat for it to stop.

mercur1al said:
Flashed the 12mbps firmware on my ITB-100HD 4 days ago.

Running 2 cards alternately, will usually bring one home to view the footage and swap cards.

Card details are
1. The 16gb Itronics card bundled together with the camera (No idea what class)
2. 32GB Class 10 Sandisk Ultra SDHC.

Weirdly, for the past 4 days when im using the Sandisk card, the camera cycled without any issue. Smooth as silk, overwriting previous recordings was error free. No beeping, no errors.

However, with the 16gb card in, the camera is unable to cycle. Unable to format the card via the camera too, I have to manually bring the card to my PC and delete some vids off, and then format it using the camera.

Anyone encounter such a situation? No idea if its the 32gb size that's making a difference, or maybe the sandisk card is just equipped with higher read/write speeds.

interesting!
let us know if it keeps runnig ok with the Sandisk!

Back