ITRONICS ITB-100HD and Smart Plus. Disable GPS

thirdmolars1996

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm planning to buy ITB or the SP version within the next couple of days.
How would I go about disabling the the GPS feature? I see that you can adjust the setting, i.e. "turning off the Speed".... but does that permanently prevents the speed from displaying in their player?

Where is the GPS sensor located? Can i just clip the wire?

Basically, if I get in an accident, and have to submit video proof, I dont want history of speed being embedded in the video.

Thanks

Hi thirdmolars1996,

If you disable the speed setting it is not embedded on the video file. The speed data is only stored in the separate data files which will be viewable in the PC Player. You can view the AVI files outside the player and no speed will be shown. If you need to use the video as evidence, just submit the AVI files. You can delete the data files if you are really worried.

Great. Thanks Dashcamman!
I'll be purchasing teh ITB SP version. I'll submit a review of it once everything is install/mounted

cheers

Where are you guys sourcing you SP versions from?

Please let us know about your experience with that vendor.

Still no experience?

I tried to buy one of the new itb-100hd sp models from ohmyblackbox.com last month, but had failures after the paypal or credit card payment entry. I even sent an email to their support reporting the failure but never got a response or fix. I gave up and bought the regular itb-100hd from ebay (fortunately just before the removals). Someone else also posted having paypal entry problems on the ebay-disappearance thread.

I agree with the poster above.
Try buying it from them. Error message.
Sent several emails. No response.
I bought the original one from:
hpapy_embroiderer on ebay instead for 189.99.

Came today. Box sealed with tamper proof tape.
Looks like the original.
Box in excellent condition.
Open it. The internals and look like the one in the pictures on this site.... which lead me to believe it is legit.

Hi thirdmolars1996,

I have yet to see a fake ITB-100HD. Updating the firmware works fine, the software works fine. That is just a scare tactic from some authorized dealers.

Maybe disabling GPS is one of the missing parameters described here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back