Itronics ITB-250HD

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It looks like Itronics has just released a new dash cam. It is called the Itronics ITB-250HD. It is still not listed on the Itronics main website. There appears to be 2 main differences compared to the ITB-100HD. The first difference is that it has WIFI capability. This allows video to be viewed on a WIFI capable device (smart phone, tablet, etc). The other difference is that it shoots at 30fps instead of 24fps. EDIT: THIS CAMERA ONLY SHOOTS AT 720P AND DOES NOT HAVE GPS.

Itronics%20ITB-250HD.jpg

It is currently available for sale from dreamsellers on eBay EDIT: NO LONGER AVAILABLE. The price is $230 with standard shipping. Is it worth $50+ dollars more than the ITB-100HD? I think video quality would have to be better to justify the higher price.

Dash Cam Man

I saw it on Itronics' website (korean site only) the other day but Google Translate did not work. The English version does not show the 250. Wonder if I should have waited a bit to order my 100...

Just received the Itronics 100HD. Previous user of the BV400HD ver 1 which gave out (blur vision) after two months of summer heat (BV400HD software much better than 100hd). As always, after I buy the newest model arrives, but 6 fps not enough to be worth additional 50.00 (30% higher :shock: . The human eye can only pick up to 30 fps. Also, I don't believe the Wifi has useful purpose but would pay more for improved software like the zoom in, axis adjustment and additional record increments of the BV400hd. Overall happy with quality for now.

uiski said:
Third and most important difference: 1280*720p :shock:

Hi uiski,

You are right! I didn't even notice that. Lower resolution is a big disappointment. Also this model does not have GPS.

Higher price, lower video quality, and no GPS. But you get WIFI, which usefulness is debatable. Really what were they thinking in releasing this. :roll:

Dash Cam Man

Some videos in case anyone is still interested (which I don't think there will be many who are!)

Last edited by a moderator:
On second thought, I am happy with my ITB100HD purchase...

I like he ITB-250HD because of the Wi-Fi.
I don't need more than 720p just for traffic recording because 1080p need too much space for traffic, which I assume is useful only when recorded special events. If you don't have any event you have nothing to watch or to show, so is just a wasted space. Also I don't need GPS because I am driving only on the roads and not interested about recording the speed.

For Android devices, iTronics released their APP:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ult#?t=W10
But is available for download only for korean users.

Advantages of Wi-Fi in my opinion:
1. Using your smartphone to adjust the settings is a great thing even if you are doing it very rare. But for example if you want a setting for low light, now is very easy to set.
2. You recorded something and want to play the file in the car (outside of the car, near it) to show somebody that you recorded the event. Is great to have this mobility. [joke] Even you can "run" to the policeman with your smartphone in hands just to show him you recorded the truth.[/joke].

These two features can be done with a Car DVR which have a display so is not a big deal compared with another DVRs but compared to other ITronics product is a big step ahead.

Bigger advantages are something like:
3. You can see what is in the front of your car from distance if the camera is powered on. For example you are at home or in another places and the car is in the parking.
4. Will be nice if is possible to record from distance, using the Wi-Fi, or better, to automatically transfer the recorded files from camera to your smartphone. For example somebody is breaking the car and stole some things from it including the camera. If the recording is only on the camera you have nothing to do, but if you have somewhere the recorded files maybe this will help. I see this feature as a good thing when you go with the car in some not secure places, countries, etc.

Compared the non-1080p and missing GPS with the features of Wi-Fi, for me the Wi-Fi is the choice for sure. Only I hope the price will go down because I think the Wi-Fi costs less than GPS+1080p features and maybe in the future we can buy the ITB-250HD for $125.

enjoy,
Mtz

Excellent points MTZ. Even though this camera doesn't meet my needs, others may want the WIFI capabilities.'

Thanks for the feedback!

Dash Cam Man

Can somebody download the APK from here> https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kbox.smart ? Or to find somewhere this application. I think it is only in Korean language, so no english.

Regarding this camera is still nowhere for selling. But maybe somewhere in Korea.

I don't have an Android phone so I can't download the APK. I think this is not a popular camera hence it is no longer available from eBay sellers.

It can't be popular if no english menu (even in the Android app which is not very important for camera use). Instead of some angry buyers which can't understand korean is better to stop selling it even is a good camera. I am sure that the programming of firmware is in english code so they know english.
Great potential camera with stupid marketing. :oops:

If their marketing was better they could sell a ton of these cameras in the English speaking world. I think it is a great camera for the price. It's small and no one would see it unless specifically looking for it. I have black tape on the front logo and it is mounted in front of the rear view mirror. Also the power wire is hidden. With the modification from KM to MPH it is much more user friendly.

I would very much like wifi capability. I don't want it to be instead of 1080p but I'll take it over GPS.
If there was a reasonably priced add-on that plugs into the video-out socket on my 100HD and gives me wifi/cellular connectivity, I'd totally buy it.

It is very interesting one. It is theoretically possible to use cam with zoneminder. If the car is home, you can record to you home video server all the time.

http://www.zoneminder.com/

Hi ansi3k,

That zoneminder software is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Not so much for this camera, which I assume will not be that popular but perhaps for the BlackVue DR500GW-HD which includes WiFi. The BlackVue will sell very well and this software could be quite useful.

I've got zoneminder set up with 4 cameras at home that I can view on my phone. being able to also check up on my car in real time when I'm away from it would be very sweet.

At 250 I don't like the smaller CMOS 1/4, compared with 100 which is 1/2.7. But if the low light recording have the same or better quality, then there is no problem.

DashCamMan said:
I think this is not a popular camera hence it is no longer available from eBay sellers.
I think is not popular because the Wi-Fi App for this recorder is only in Korean. So if you buy this camera because you like the wireless option you can't use this option because you can't download and install the android app, but even if you can download it, you can't use because nobody except koreans can understand that language.
And sellers, to avoid users request for money back because of no english they prefer to not sell it worldwide on ebay. I saw youtube clips about 250HD made 4 months ago, so if Itronics really wanted to make an english version, that could be made until now. So I think they are not interested for the ITB-250HD to be sold outside Korea.
But I think we still have hopes... :roll: starting from youtube. :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz,

I think you are right. The reality is the Korean dash cam market is large while the rest of the world has not caught on yet. Hence the lack of focus on English speaking models. Also, even though Russia probably have the most dash cams in use, they primarily purchase Chinese dash cams not Korean.

Back