JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU

jokiin said:
not so keen on the high gloss fingerprint magnet either, I think itronics have the best look and feel at the moment
Nothing that a matte tape or recoloring can't fix.

:D Nice, welcome to the Wi-Fi fans club. I agree with your addition.
But I read somewhere (nothing official, I don't know if is true) that is possible if the Wi-Fi and GPS are too close inside the camera to get some interferences and to not work. So to have both, the GPS antenna must be outside. And an external antenna will increase the price for the users which want GPS. If that antenna costs about $5-8, not a problem, but asking $35 like korean does, is too much.

When I imagined my perfect dashcam with Wi-Fi and GPS I would make it with a connector for external GPS antenna (a cheap antenna) and a USB connector to insert the USB Wi-Fi dongle from outside. As you can see in the topic about the ITB-250HD, the wireless dongle is very small and being outside will increase the signal and the cooling. And if the user want to buy later a Wi-Fi stick he can buy from a local store one with the specified chipset. And the same thing with a standard GPS antenna. If the camera producer will offer both at good prices the buyer will take them from the start.

If you are from some time in the gadgets world you can remember that the best selling gadgets are when people can add anything they want to improve it, or to have custom unofficial firmware.
Just create the camera with the available connectors and let the user do what they want later. Posting on internet in so many forums their findings, their solutions, best prices and looking is just a big marketing promotion for your product. Just remember some old wireless router as WRT54G and why was a best seller.
Maybe the koreans which are reading our forum will use my idea and create a camera called "Bla-bla-Vue Mtz". :lol:

Ipaq said:
I understand the consensus is that the finevu is the best in image quality but to me all the night scenes are over exposed and the license plate a white blob
Also I observed the over exposure for many cameras which claim good night quality. You can observe it when the black is gray.
But regarding the readability of characters from the license plates also the wide angle is a drawback.
Look at this video.
So a farther license plate combined with a white blob will make things worst.
A wide angle over 120 degrees sound good just for marketing purposes, but the best for us is under 120.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my cam. Have yet to install it. But i find it impossible to remove it from the mount (comes mounted). For the people who ordered it, any luck?

Cannot seem to locate an English version viewer. Software downloaded from English site is in Korean.

Any way to turn off front LED?

We are waiting some pictures from you with the camera and how you mounted.
And some day recording and night recording from the city and outside the city.

Please upload somewhere the content of the SD Card (without your recordings) like sendspace.com

Also some words about what you think about it.

Try to contact your seller and show him this page and tell him the downloaded software is not in english even the screenshots are showing that.
Also there is a red warning about strange characters and some Korean language pack installed,
enjoy,
Mtz

Yes I will be sure to give a review after I actually mount it and have footages.

Ipaq said:
Yes I will be sure to give a review after I actually mount it and have footages.

I am also looking forward to it. I am tempted to pull the trigger on this in a few days if it stays around 150/160 would love a better quality 1080 Camera to put up front, but would like some honest feedback before i cough up the money.

Stupid question as i am coming from a DVR-027. I can grab a SanDisk 32GB micro SD card and use it with this correct? as long as i copy the settings file to it?

If your review is favorable, the price is still around 150/160, and i can use my own MicroSD card I think i am for sure going to grab this

DashCamMan said:
Hi Mtz,

You make a great point about it being too glossy! A bit flashy for a dash cam ;) I think the clear mount wouldn't be that noticeable though. Lens in the middle vs on the side...never thought about it since on a small cam it is just a few cm difference. Could be an issue depending on windshield though.

Really the night video and reliability are the unknowns. The English site was just launched last month. Hopefully more Korean manufacturers start targeting English speaking countries because Itronics, Pittasoft and FineVu really have not been consumer friendly recently.

I will see if there is any user info from Korea on this cam as well.

toyon98, you just posted a quote. I think you forgot your words.

enjoy,
Mtz

I got a chance to test out the cam briefly last night. Found out I could not really find a good place to mount it on MY windshield in a hidden fashion, maybe because my car has a very slanted windshield, and also there is a block of plastic above the rear view mirror, preventing mounting it high up. The camera also cannot pivot right/left so needs to be mounted in the center due to slight curvature of windshield on the side. So now I will have to unmount and mount the unit each time before I drive, which will become a pain. Pictures and footages to come.

Preliminary thoughts
1) unit appears well made and stylish. AC connector on top of unit is good I think.
2) English software is available and I was able to change the time using it. Firmware in Korean only with Korean voice prompt.
3) Boots up in less than a minute? Will time it next time.
4) Records in 1 minute increments
5) Front LED cannot be turned off
6) Event recording works. I turned sensitivity to low and does not seem to triggered by normal bumps
7) Night footages are clear in HD sense but slightly disappointing in that the license plate looks bright white (maybe I mounted too low so more light reflection from my headlight), and also lots of halo around streetlights, in contrast to manufacturer sample videos. But my windshield is also quite dirty for now so will look more into it. Have not tried during day yet.

Ipaq said:
The camera also cannot pivot right/left so needs to be mounted in the center due to slight curvature of windshield on the side. So now I will have to unmount and mount the unit each time before I drive, which will become a pain. Pictures and footages to come.

Preliminary thoughts
4) Records in 1 minute increments
5) Front LED cannot be turned off
also lots of halo around streetlights, in contrast to manufacturer sample videos.

I thought it was a little odd that the YouTube sample videos i noticed had the comments disabled.

I've turned mine a little left or right a few times to make sure i caught all of something that was happening. So not having that might be a little of a downside for me personally
I like to record in 5 min segments, but i guess this is not a huge deal only being able to do 1
The front LED always on would also be an issue because i like to record as much as possible when i am parked and out of my car so this could be a bit of a come steal me flag in my case, but still looking forward to the rest of what you have to say when you have more time.

Thanks.

First time when I discovered the dashcams I want also 5 minutes or more. But after watching many russian videos I saw the most events are in about 20 seconds. So I consider 1 or even 2-3 minutes are the perfect choice.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither can the itronics or the blackvue turn to the side either though.

I thought id prefer longer segment but turned out not a big deal and perhaps more easily organized. If you put them as a bunch in a windows media playlist, it plays without noticeable gap which is nice.

Thinking about ideas of how to camerfloge/hide the camera after I park the car so I don't have to dismount/unscrew each time. Right now it's quite visible. i dont use parking mode

You have some examples on my signature.
You can post some pictures with your windshield and/or mount. We don't know why you can't hide it because in this case words are not enough.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ipaq said:
Neither can the itronics or the blackvue turn to the side either though.

I never thought about that. I guess you are right. I'm just so use of the ability to rotate the whole camera if i need to catch something that is slightly off to the side out of camera view.

Finally had the chance to take the car out this weekend. During bright clear sky daytime, I am getting heavy blocks or large pixelation at times, not always, but quite frequently. I dunno what triggers it. Unless i have a defective unit, else i would avoid this product. The heavy block artifacts makes it far from HD appearing. (but sometimes you get nice clear image) consistency is the problem here. Have tried both factory card and also Sandisk ultra.

Of course we are waiting for the videos. Words are not enough when speaking about dashcams.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, you are right, the video is awful for a korean camera.
Checked the information about video files and the encoding parameters seems to be correct even the bitrate is considered small for 1080p: 6000kbps. But other cameras (Itronics?) can record better at 6000kbps and 1080p resolution.

Can you upload the contains of the SD Card? Except videos, interested about the configuration file.

1. The 3800FU suffer by the same BlackVue problems with the trees, but here the problem is bigger. All I can say is the chipset codec used for these camera is bad.
2. The video is over-saturated, in some style like a "Kodak color" with rich colors. This will not help.
3. The white balance not working OK and the overall image is ugly, greenish.
4. I expect in night more the things to be worse

If I was you, based on the video named 00123_20130310_181016_M.avi I will return the camera.
Based on my little experience with korean firmwares, they can only improve some LED blinking, some reboot, or some little things which is not about increasing video quality.
I doný know from where koreans learned that the bitrate for 1080p should be around 6mbps. They learned wrong and we can't change their poor understandings about bitrate. For example my korean 720p Livue offer a 8500kbps bitrate but maybe this is because of the chipset used and some good firmware developers which offered a lot o settings compared to other korean cameras.

I don't believe in future korean promises about video quality because I think the problem start from the codec used in the chipset. A bad codec, even the encoding parameters were correct. With the same parameters other codecs like X264 will produce a nice quality even for the same 6000kbps bitrate.

Good luck,
Mtza

Back