jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

Would it be possible to use any usb cable
by doing a firmware update to stop lt thinking it was connected to a computor. Because all the
updates are done by the sd card. Just a thought
Thanks Rob

Currently no, but we should have a firmware update for it shortly that will allow it to work from any USB cable, something we're working on at the moment, already tested it and know it's achievable so should be available soon hopefully, workload permitting

Last edited by a moderator:
new models will be happening soon, will post details here in the forum when we're closer (I know I keep saying that), were due already but a couple of issues held us up, PC board manufacture is scheduled for October 8th, engineering samples will come soon after and go out for beta testing, mass production once everything is confirmed, firmware is being written from source now and is due to be complete a couple of days before the boards are done

Great!

I think I saw that the new dashcams would use Ambarella A7, but which one (Ambarella A7, Ambarella A7L, Ambarella A7L-A)? Also, is there any plans to use Ambarella A9? A9 can record in 4K.

A7 versions are a bit further away, (working on quite a few models at the moment), first of the A7 models will be with A7-LA70, that's the top dual 1080p30 model without wi-fi, not sure about the A9, there's another higher model coming next year that can do 1080p60 x 2 or 1080p30 x 4 cameras with some advanced AE processing, we may look at that instead

Oh, when could we expect the new A7 versions? Within this year?

Haven't heard of this new higher model, however, does it have 4K? 4K cameras would be nice.

Oh, when could we expect the new A7 versions? Within this year?

Haven't heard of this new higher model, however, does it have 4K? 4K cameras would be nice.

A7 model will use the same chassis we are doing and there's a lot of shared components across the models (power supply, super capacitors, GPS, CMOS etc are all the same) so it's mostly the development time needed and the rear cam tooling that has to be completed, that may sneak into this year but will see how we go, rear cam tooling is only a few weeks work but the platform development is close to 3 months worth of work, might be pushing it a bit, I'd rather do it correctly than quickly

4K I'm not n a rush for, could be done now (I know another supplier that's working on a solution) barely anyone owns the playback hardware at the moment so no point me rushing something to market that nobody will buy, better things we could be doing right now I think

just doing some final testing now, basically update as below and some points of interest I'll expand on

We've deleted 720p mode but added a low bitrate option for 1080p just for any instances where you may need a space saving recording, 720p isn't that great (and we'd yet to hear from anyone that actually uses it on our cameras) so this was offered as an alternative for those times when 720p might have been considered, long term parking mode etc

We've added a 20Mbit option for 1080p mode, I'll call it experimental at this stage but so far hasn't caused any grief, really intended for people using the camera for track days etc that want maximum detail, it's probably overkill for everyday use, obviously needs to use good quality cards when using this high bitrate option

5Mbit/sec option uses around 38mb per minute of recording, 20Mbit/sec option uses around 146mb per minute of recording

We've added a DST offset setting for the AUTO timezone function for places that use daylight savings in the summer

We've added support for auto record from regular USB power cables so cables configured 1+ 5-,and 4+ 5- will both work now, no more hunting down special cables if it needs replacing at any time

The updated user manual amendments that we always include as a PDF file with the firmware updates are now also written to the memory card as an HTML file so you'll always have these on hand to match the version you're using (lost count of how many times I've resent this file to people when they've lost theirs, not that I minded but it's obviously better if you can always find these details, now the camera will do that for you by always writing it to disk)

should be right to go later today or tomorrow all being well

[*Firmware version Q20131024 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Add 5Mb/sec Economy recording mode
Add 20Mb/sec Extreme recording mode
Updated playback software to current version

[*New features*]

Add +1 Hour DST Offset menu option for
Add support for auto record from regular USB cable (1+ 5-,and 4+ 5-)
Updated menu instructions now write to memory card on bootup as HTML file

[*Delete*]

Delete 720p mode
Delete 8Mb/sec setting
Delete 9Mb/sec setting

Will there be a link from here to the update

I'll message you the link

It's not a secret or anything but the only reason I don't post them publicly is because it looks like a GS1000 I don't want people that have regular GS1000's trying to use our firmware and bricking their cameras as a result

A7 model will use the same chassis we are doing and there's a lot of shared components across the models (power supply, super capacitors, GPS, CMOS etc are all the same) so it's mostly the development time needed and the rear cam tooling that has to be completed, that may sneak into this year but will see how we go, rear cam tooling is only a few weeks work but the platform development is close to 3 months worth of work, might be pushing it a bit, I'd rather do it correctly than quickly

4K I'm not n a rush for, could be done now (I know another supplier that's working on a solution) barely anyone owns the playback hardware at the moment so no point me rushing something to market that nobody will buy, better things we could be doing right now I think

I have an X6 DVR which has been very good but I've just read this thread (last few pages) and am very interested in buying one of *your* cameras for the windshield, then I'll move the X6 to the back window.
I like the built-in GPS sensor rather than the plug-in & cable (I don't like cables but - the camera needs a power source, plus I have a 7" monitor to look at the playback in the car if needed - so 2 cables max!)
I've also read that there are many 'knock offs' of GS1000s which have had bad reviews so I would like to know how I can be sure that I buy yours with it's high quality and support.
I'm not in a rush so I'll wait to buy the A7-LA which runs cooler, which is good in automobiles, since I found that sitting in the sun, the temperature can get as high as 125 degrees F here in Canada, and a lot of the negatives comments were that the earlier A2s were too hot and the cameras failed, etc..

I have an X6 DVR which has been very good but I've just read this thread (last few pages) and am very interested in buying one of *your* cameras for the windshield, then I'll move the X6 to the back window.
I like the built-in GPS sensor rather than the plug-in & cable (I don't like cables but - the camera needs a power source, plus I have a 7" monitor to look at the playback in the car if needed - so 2 cables max!)
I've also read that there are many 'knock offs' of GS1000s which have had bad reviews so I would like to know how I can be sure that I buy yours with it's high quality and support.
I'm not in a rush so I'll wait to buy the A7-LA which runs cooler, which is good in automobiles, since I found that sitting in the sun, the temperature can get as high as 125 degrees F here in Canada, and a lot of the negatives comments were that the earlier A2s were too hot and the cameras failed, etc..

Hi, appreciate the interest, this is actually a deleted model that we haven't made for quite a while now, we still continue to develop the firmware though

the comments regarding A7 versions etc were in relation to this product http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/guardtrak-gt2s-model-details-and-info.2844/ which we have coming out soon

I'll message you the link

It's not a secret or anything but the only reason I don't post them publicly is because it looks like a GS1000 I don't want people that have regular GS1000's trying to use our firmware and bricking their cameras as a result

dont forget me thx

I'll post here when it's available and you can message me for the details if I miss you, found a bug and we're just having another look at it now before we release

have messaged the link to the firmware update, if I've missed anyone just send me a message and I'll give you the link

Back