jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

looks like we've got a bug in the DST offset setting, if you're in a region which is not using DST right now then best to set the timezone manually until we get it resolved, will advise as soon as it is sorted and a new update is ready, apologies for any inconvenience, hopefully won't take us too long to sort

looks like we've got a bug in the DST offset setting, if you're in a region which is not using DST right now then best to set the timezone manually until we get it resolved, will advise as soon as it is sorted and a new update is ready, apologies for any inconvenience, hopefully won't take us too long to sort

The DST offset is always a problem on any device that automatically sets time via GPS or or those FM/AM signals we have in the U.S. for clocks.

I own the following clock and it annoyed me for many months. I'd wake up and the clock would be off by 1 hour every few days no matter which setting I used.

I finally found a mode that turned off the auto clock set all together. I press and held a certain combination of buttons until the Clock signal reception indicator vanished.
It's now working perfectly in manual only mode. It would be nice if it auto set it self and changed every 6 months but nope!

http://oregonscientific.com/manual/DP200.pdf
Oregon-Scientific-DP200A-Daylight-Projection-Clock-img2.jpg
dp200aprojection.gif

Firmware update is available now, just message me for the details if you have one of our cameras, I don't post the link here only because it won't run on lookalike cameras and just don't want people accidentally bricking their cameras with our firmware

[*Firmware version Q20131118 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

Correct error in user manual HTML file

[*Changes*]

Updated playback software to new version

[*Firmware version Q20131028 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Add 5Mb/sec Economy recording mode

[*New features*]

Add +1 Hour DST Offset menu option for regions that support daylight savings time
Updated copy of user manual amendments now write to memory card on bootup as HTML file

[*Delete*]

Delete 720p mode
Delete 8Mb/sec setting
Delete 9Mb/sec setting

[*Firmware version Q20130814 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Updated auto timezone extraction method from GPS data stream

[*New features*]

Add ability to access menus while no memory card is present

[*Firmware version Q20130801 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

File save not saving previous recording along with current recording

[*Changes*]

Update auto timezone tables

[*New features*]

Add motion detect hot key, long press menu key while screen active can activate and deactivate motion detect during recording
Add running man icon on screen to indicate motion detect status

[*Delete*]

Delete 1440 x 1080 and 848 x 480 video modes
Delete 6Mbit and 7Mbit quality settings

[*Firmware version Q20130609 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

Fix for MP/H display error
Fix for screen waking up when recording triggered in parking mode

[*Changes*]

Update on screen GPS logo placement
Update on screen recycle logo setting graphic for improved readability
Update embedded graphic font colour from yellow with black outline to light grey with black outline
Update manual save on screen dialog to larger easy to see SAVED graphic
Update timeout value on motion detect function
Update VIDEO QUALITY default setting to 12Mbit/sec
Update RECYCLE default setting to 2 minutes

[*New features*]

Add 12h/24h time format display option for embedded graphics (default setting 24h)
Add date format display option YYYY/MM/DD, DD/MM/YYYY, MM/DD/YYYY for embedded graphics (default setting YYYY/MM/DD)
Add automatic time zone setting from GPS, (default setting AUTO)
Add delay on function setting, 5sec, 15sec, 30sec, 1min, OFF (sometimes needed for diesel vehicles to prevent power surge when cranking, default setting OFF)
Add 30sec recycle option setting (for USA market)
Add GPS diagnostic display, shows number of satellites available, in use etc (long press the MODE key while in standby to access this display)

[*Delete*]

Webcam function
Speed limit menu setting
Inactive night mode menu toggle

[*Firmware version Q20130507 Change log*]

[*New Feature*]

Add user selectable MP4 or MOV output

[*Delete*]

Russian language deleted

[*Firmware version Q20130403 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

Fix UI bug when Speed display set to OFF

[*Changes*]

Update recycle strategy
Update GPS cold start procedure
Update GPS warm start process
Update NMEA data file creation process
Update menu text SYS RESET change to LOAD DEFAULTS
Update RECYCLE default setting to 3 minutes
Update VIDEO QUALITY default setting to 10Mbit/sec
Update SCREEN TEXT default value from NSW ABC123 change to REG ABC123

[*Firmware version Q20130401 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update recycle method

[*Firmware version Q20130226 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

NMEA date file error resolved

[*Changes*]

Update NMEA data file management strategy

[*New Feature*]

Add support for GoTop GT-2420 GPS module

[*Firmware version Q20130106 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Updates to default settings values

[*Firmware version Q20121220 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Add Time zone +9.5 and + 10.5 for South Australia

[*Firmware version Q20121128 Change log*]

English version preset for the Australian market

Last edited by a moderator:
no idea, I don't do that product
OK, some confusion involved, I thought that you were saying that you no longer made the X6 when I now assume that you meant the GS1000s.
See post #216 on page 11... http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/jokiins-a2s60-dash-cam-gs1000-based.704/page-11#post-32073
Your picture of the GT2S looks almost the same as my X6 (or F50...) so you can understand the confusion.
jwc said:

I have an X6 DVR which has been very good but I've just read this thread (last few pages) and am very interested in buying one of *your* cameras for the windshield, then I'll move the X6 to the back window.
I like the built-in GPS sensor rather than the plug-in & cable (I don't like cables but - the camera needs a power source, plus I have a 7" monitor to look at the playback in the car if needed - so 2 cables max!)
I've also read that there are many 'knock offs' of GS1000s which have had bad reviews so I would like to know how I can be sure that I buy yours with it's high quality and support.
I'm not in a rush so I'll wait to buy the A7-LA which runs cooler, which is good in automobiles, since I found that sitting in the sun, the temperature can get as high as 125 degrees F here in Canada, and a lot of the negatives comments were that the earlier A2s were too hot and the cameras failed, etc..

Hi, appreciate the interest, this is actually a deleted model that we haven't made for quite a while now, we still continue to develop the firmware though

the comments regarding A7 versions etc were in relation to this product http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/guardtrak-gt2s-model-details-and-info.2844/ which we have coming out soon

Last edited by a moderator:
hi jokiin please pm me the most recent firmware for the
jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam thx

how does this guardtrak GT2S compare with the DR500GW with custom firmware?? is the image quality better? i'm about to ditch blackvue, their stuff is crap.

how does this guardtrak GT2S compare with the DR500GW with custom firmware?? is the image quality better? i'm about to ditch blackvue, their stuff is crap.

I've never used the DR500GW so no chance to try the custom firmware sorry, I don't think their image quality is that great though so I'd be a bit disappointed if it wasn't better

jokiin, that GS1000 that you make, is that your latest model been out a while? mate of mine has one he got from you but not sure model now, how does that video compare to the GT2S? the gt2s better quality?

jokiin, that GS1000 that you make, is that your latest model been out a while? mate of mine has one he got from you but not sure model now, how does that video compare to the GT2S? the gt2s better quality?

GT2S has much higher spec hardware, the old model is much further behind from a technical perspective, it's more than a year old now and the hardware has progressed quite a bit since then

do you have any pictures of the front of this thing so we can see what the lens etc.. looks like? I like the look of it so far and think it is more stealth and easily mounted in my car than the blackvue. as soon as ive got the cash its goodbye blackvue hello jokiin, glad I waited until this model.

I'll send you something, I haven't posted it as its not 100% accurate to the final version, very close though

I had to change the battery in my A2S60 dash cam last year, and although everything seemed fine at first, the quality of current footage is quite poor.

I thought I was careful, I'm presuming I've disturbed something whilst I had the camera apart, and wondered if it could be a focussing issue.

Here's a couple of examples... Sorry, but I've had to reduce the quality a bit in order to get it online using my weedy internet connection.

Focussing maybe something else?

Wow this thread is a blast from the past. I have a A2S60 on my museum of DashCam products shelf. I never took that one apart though.

Looks like the focus is off, fairly easy to readjust, if you have a suitable HDMI cable and monitor its easy to fix

Reactions: ydc
Ok - thanks. I'll probably have a look at the weekend when I have more time.

I presume it's just a case of taking the lid off again and gently twisting the lens assembly slightly?

What sort of distance should the camera be focussing on?

Back