jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

I can see what i can do, maybe tomorrow, will take sometime to upload with my connection, slow upspeed.

the micro sd in fat32 or nfst ?

For the people that have one of these cameras I'll have a firmware update available very shortly (there was actually a couple of typos and an incorrect setting that is just being redone now), probably be done in the next couple of days and then will be available for anyone here that wants to try it out prior to official release

basically though (ignoring the typos etc) the changelog of this update is as follows

Bugfix

MP/H display error fix

Changes

Update on screen GPS logo placement
Update on screen recycle logo setting graphic for improved readability
Update embedded graphic font colour from yellow with black outline to light grey with black outline
Update manual save on screen dialog to large easy to see SAVED graphic

New features

Add 12h/24h time format display option for embedded graphics
Add date format display option YYYY/MM/DD, DD/MM/YYYY, MM/DD/YYYY for embedded graphics
Add automatic time zone setting from GPS (time and time zone now fully automatic)
Add delay on function setting, 5sec, 15sec, 30sec, 1min, OFF
Add 30sec recycle option setting
Add GPS diagnostic option, shows no of satellites available, in use etc

Delete

Webcam function
Speed limit setting

Any questions, feedback, comments etc would be most welcome

Recieved my jokiin cam on Friday. Safe to say shipping is super fast to North West USA. It got here before my SD cards! 8-)

Been puttzing around with it wtih my friends 2 gb micro sd. No idea what class it is as it does not have that printed on the card.

So far though, AMAZING clarity. The cam is extremely easy to use. I do not however recommend any bitrate over 8k on a slow computer. The computer just cannot keep up. On MY computer however, the limited footage I can retrieve with 2 gb, everything is fantastic.

Thank you jokiin.

Thanks for the feedback, it will do a lot better with a faster larger card, the update adds a lot of improvements also

So I'm not 100% sure if it's the card or the cam. Most likely just the user. :lol: EDIT: The card is the new one I got in yesterday. 32 gb SanDisk UHS1 / Class 10

Let me know when the new firmware is available, as the light sensitivity/adjustment during twilight hours is somewhat wild. But, being where I live and my commute to work as early as it is, it's no surprise. I'll upload some RAW footage for you jokiin so you can take a look at it and possibly help me out.

Settings are stock for how you sent it to me except the G sensor sensitivity which I have at -3. I have some pretty rough roads in my area so I figured why not.

I'm curious about the night mode as well. Does that affect the sensor white balance at all during day time driving?

I'll PM you the link to my upload once it's finished.

I will say though, from all the other video I've seen from night driving, I am rather impressed with the results this cam has produced. The headlights of my truck are nothing to brag about and my commute to work in pitch black conditions, this cam sure picked up ALOT of light from my headlights. Really close to how it is for the human eye.

Once jokiin and I finish discussions on the settings, I'll upload footage to both youtube and give RAW data links so everyone can get a good look at how impressive this dash cam is.

So here's a youtube upload of the cameras performance during, what I would consider, the twilight hour of the morning. To top it off, visibility from fog is probably reduced to less than 1/4 of a mile. That's 400 meters for those of you who know the proper way of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2xMzQ2 ... ata_player

Last edited by a moderator:
WhiteEightBall said:
So here's a youtube upload of the cameras performance during, what I would consider, the twilight hour of the morning. To top it off, visibility from fog is probably reduced to less than 1/4 of a mile. That's 400 meters for those of you who know the proper way of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2xMzQ2 ... ata_player

let me know once you've got the new firmware if your on screen MPH display is working properly, we've implemented a fix for it in the new version

if anyone wants to try this new firmware now please send me an email (not a PM) and I'll reply with the details, firmware is ready just the manual isn't completed, one of the kids is sick so haven't had the time to dedicate to sit down uninterrupted and edit the manual as yet

YES! I forgot to mention that. That update will commence Thursday. As I will not be driving tomorrow.

I also forgot to mention that all of the noise; in the audio, are my tires. For some reason they sound REALLY loud on the video. Maybe I've gotten so used to it recently but to me they are rather quiet compared to other mud terrain style tires my friends have had on their trucks. No where near as quiet as the Nitto Invo's I had on my previous car though. Those tires... wow. Like driving clouds over baby bottom softness. So quiet.

As previously stated though, I'll be updating immediately after work on Thursday. That'll be some time around 3:30 - 4:00 pm Central U.S. time.

After that will come a complete dark video. Outside will be pitch black. That will be Monday as I drive to work at 0220 A.M. I will be providing youtube footage. This will be provided after work Monday. Again, some time around 1530 - 1600 Central U.S. time.

RAW footage will have to wait currently, as I have not found a suitable replacement to mediafire currently, as my tablet will not upload to that host currently. I may just need to fix my computer finally. It has been close to a year now since it has been turned on. :?

Mediafire have some apps for different platforms, maybe one there that can work with your tablet?

I just changed to their paid service today so that the downloads are ad free

mega.co.nz is another one I use that works well

received my dashcam today (very fast to Belgium !) and did a quick test.
stuckt he cam just against the window and turnd it on @15mbits.
This was filmed in the morning and it was very cloudy.
do not mind the dirty window.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afFzFWBR ... load_owner
the mov file on my pc is even better

Ok folks, below are a couple links to RAW footage 1 minute clips of my drive to work in the morning. The first one is midway through my trip and provides an excellent view of how the camera performs in what I would consider, extreme low light.

Recordered at 15 mb/s, 1080P, night mode ON.

Extreme Low Light
http://www.mediafire.com/?6cct3tda6s501dq

This second clip is 1 minute as well, and is the same stretch of road near the end of my trip as the youtube link I posted.

Twilight + Fog I estimate visibility to be under 400 meters. That's 1/4 mile for the Americans.
http://www.mediafire.com/?s6ahjahzykyds5v

If anyone has any requests I'll be more than happy to oblige. I am extremely happy with this camera and it's performance, as I have yet to see ANY footage from any other camera that performs this well in these style of conditions.

With that, enjoy.

where can i buy a better suction mount(3M).
my dashcam dropt 3 times even after washingthe window.
I have tried the large and small suction cup
thx

I know this is dumb to ask, but you did flip the flapper lever right?

No Link. Pm jokiin and he Will give you the payment details. Jokiin im at work now until sunday morning. Would be great if you could mail me the new firmware.

Back