jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

Thanks jokiin for a superb product, fast delivery and really friendly and fast support. Im really impressed of the quality of it. Keep up the good work mate.

I've been out and about this weekend, and really need to mount the camera the right way around to get the GPS working. The unit has been taking 2-5 mins to find the satellites, and then has been losing them every couple of seconds - my fault though, not the camera's. ;)

I will probably have to use the smaller swivel mount as there isn't much space between my car's rear-view mirror and windscreen to get the more sturdy mount in position properly.

Now that I have a decent Class 10 card, I have the camera's data rate set at 15Mbps. I'm impressed with the picture quality, though I'm slightly hampered by my car's heated windscreen which adds faint bands in the lighter areas of the image - again not the camera's fault. :)

My initial thoughts were much longer, but the forum's preview function decided that they weren't good enough and deleted them. :roll:

ydc said:
I've been out and about this weekend, and really need to mount the camera the right way around to get the GPS working. The unit has been taking 2-5 mins to find the satellites, and then has been losing them every couple of seconds - my fault though, not the camera's. ;)

I'm really surprised it will even get the signal while inverted

see how you go with the smaller mount, in some cars that ones not strong enough and you can get some vibration in the picture, I have 40 series tyres on my car and it rides to harsh to use it

let me know if the mount is a problem and I'll see if I can get something more suitable for you if what you have there doesn't suit

Thanks for the offer Jokiin, but hopefully it should be ok.

I've managed to shoehorn the larger mount in, though I won't be getting the SD card out in a rush! :)

Will get a few days of footage and then swap to the swivel mount to see how they compare.

This is why I'm buying the jokiin cam. This guys is something else. So dedicated to his customers.

WhiteEightBall said:
This is why I'm buying the jokiin cam. This guys is something else. So dedicated to his customers.

appreciate the kind words, I worked in consumer electronics retail for many years (similar business to what Circuit City used to be) and I'm just a firm believer in customer service and talking to (not at) customers, I think it's sadly lacking these days

Arrived today in 8 days from China to the UK. Amazing service, this guy is the real deal! Real quality product that doesn't fall apart. Plenty of accessories and well packaged!

Haven't had chance to test the video yet but will do in the next couple of days

Thanks so much jokiin!!!!

What are the best settings for sharpness, EV, white balance etc? And which mount is more stable?

Martin

bronze84 said:
Arrived today in 8 days from China to the UK. Amazing service, this guy is the real deal! Real quality product that doesn't fall apart. Plenty of accessories and well packaged!

What are the best settings for sharpness, EV, white balance etc? And which mount is more stable?

Martin

thanks for the feedback, good to know it arrived in 8 days (actually you can thank Mtz for that, he found this company we're using now)

Actually the default settings for video, contrast, sharpness & white balance are what I would recommend, if you want to play around with EV though you might want to revisit some of these settings, we're looking at things we can do to improve the night mode so if you do play around with the EV setting and find a combination you feel works better for night use please let me know your thoughts

The mount that can pivot is not as solid as the other one, there are some instances where the other one is not an option though so you at least have a choice, if it suits your vehicle though the non pivoting mount is very solid and will give the best results

Thanks again :)

jokiin said:
bronze84 said:

Martin

thanks for the feedback, good to know it arrived in 8 days (actually you can thank Mtz for that, he found this company we're using now)

Actually the default settings for video, contrast, sharpness & white balance are what I would recommend, if you want to play around with EV though you might want to revisit some of these settings, we're looking at things we can do to improve the night mode so if you do play around with the EV setting and find a combination you feel works better for night use please let me know your thoughts

The mount that can pivot is not as solid as the other one, there are some instances where the other one is not an option though so you at least have a choice, if it suits your vehicle though the non pivoting mount is very solid and will give the best results

Thanks again :)

I've gone with the fixed mount as it looks more compact.

Where does everyone generally mount it as I have that dotted black stuff at the top if my windscreen and it won't stick to that?

bronze84 said:

Where does everyone generally mount it as I have that dotted black stuff at the top if my windscreen and it won't stick to that?

Would a 3M adhesive mount be more suitable for your vehicle?

jokiin said:
bronze84 said:

Would a 3M adhesive mount be more suitable for your vehicle?

I have mine stuck to the black dots on my car and both mounts have held well. You need to get both surfaces clean (I use a baby wipe on the suction part), and then place the mount on with still lightly moist.

The larger mount is certainly the better route than the swivel one which seems to introduce the well-known wobble into the picture.

Due to space restrictions, and because it's really hard to get at the card on a right-hand drive car, I'm looking at buying a 3M quick-release mount. I'm a tad worried however that the adhesive will put the black dots off when I eventually remove the mount. :?

ydc said:
I have mine stuck to the black dots on my car and both mounts have held well. You need to get both surfaces clean (I use a baby wipe on the suction part), and then place the mount on with still lightly moist.

The larger mount is certainly the better route than the swivel one which seems to introduce the well-known wobble into the picture.

Due to space restrictions, and because it's really hard to get at the card on a right-hand drive car, I'm looking at buying a 3M quick-release mount. I'm a tad worried however that the adhesive will put the black dots off when I eventually remove the mount. :?

I think that black dot section varies a bit, I've seen it can work on some cars and not on others depending on how coarse that section is

I haven't heard of anyone having issues removing adhesive material afterwards, not so far at least

If you think this is the answer for you though perhaps instead of you buying a 3M mount I'll source some samples of this type bracket this week and send you one each, your feedback on bracket suitability would be useful

jokiin said:
ydc said:

I think that black dot section varies a bit, I've seen it can work on some cars and not on others depending on how coarse that section is

I haven't heard of anyone having issues removing adhesive material afterwards, not so far at least

If you think this is the answer for you though perhaps instead of you buying a 3M mount I'll source some samples of this type bracket this week and send you one each, your feedback on bracket suitability would be useful

That would be awesome if you could jokiin. I would most appreciate it.

...see you don't get this kind of customer service from eBay!!

jokiin said:
bronze84 said:
That would be awesome if you could jokiin. I would most appreciate it.

no problem at all, will arrange it

Brilliant. Many thanks!

People got it shipped, but there are still no pictures of this camera? can you please post some pictures?

JernejL said:
People got it shipped, but there are still no pictures of this camera? can you please post some pictures?

it looks like most other GS1000 cameras just without the useless LED's on the front that you most often see these days

JernejL said:

Just buy one.... I guarantee you won't be disappointed! ;-)

4uyybm.jpg

dz6wjt.jpg

dyn5as.jpg

and some video samples please.
i'm going to place my order next week

Back