Just got GS1000 and it stops recording after 30 seconds

fritomnky

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got a GS1000 and purchased a 32 GB card, inserted it, and it will record for 30 seconds or so, then stop recording....any ideas?

Hi all,

I have this same problem. Tried it with motion detection on and off, as well as G-sensor on and off, with no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

dredman1 said:
Hi all,

I have this same problem. Tried it with motion detection on and off, as well as G-sensor on and off, with no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

need more details, have you got a link to whatever you bought?

Yes I'm beginning to realise it's a cheaper version after looking through some pages on this website now... :oops:

I'm using the supplied power cable, along with a SanDisk Ultra 32gb Class 10 micro SD card.

Sometimes the camera records for maybe 5 or 6 seconds then stops, then other times it records for longer (maybe 30 secs or longer) before it stops, but never for much longer. I don't think it has ever recorded continuously for more than 5 minutes, regardless of what time I have the loop recording set for, or whether I have that setting turned off.

dredman1 said:
I'm using the supplied power cable, along with a SanDisk Ultra 32gb Class 10 micro SD card.

Sometimes the camera records for maybe 5 or 6 seconds then stops, then other times it records for longer (maybe 30 secs or longer) before it stops, but never for much longer. I don't think it has ever recorded continuously for more than 5 minutes, regardless of what time I have the loop recording set for, or whether I have that setting turned off.

try a different card, some of these cheap cameras can't work with high speed cards, you might have greater success with a class 4 card

Ok. Will have to order one to try it. That sandisk is the only micro SD card I have.
Will update here once I get one.
Thanks again jokiin.

I have a Novatech GS1000 that I bought from eBay, I found that with my class 10 32GB SanDisk Ultra card it did exactly what you describe.

I popped in a class 4 16GB SanDisk card and at worked fine after that.

I've since upgraded to an Ambarella New Orange menu GS1000 and the 32GB card works fine, so no issues with the card itself.

Hope this helps!

Thanks MapoUK. That's the 2nd reply to give that suggestion . Definitely gonna order a class 4 tonite.
The thing is this is the 2nd camera I got that's giving this problem. The 1st one I ordered from ebay and I got the problem. So I wrote the seller and they said to return it for a replacement. They did ask me what memory card I was using, but when I told them, they didn't say anything.
When I got the replacement (the camera I have now), same problem. Wrote the seller again and they said to return it for a refund.

UPDATE: Just got the class 4 card delivered in work today, and so far so good!!!

I was using the class 10 card on the way to work this morning and I was still getting the problem. Since I swapped the card, it hasn't stopped recording before my selected loop time, and it's looping seamlessly, so it seems the card was the problem.

Thanks again jokiin and MapoUK!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back