Just got my G90-7S now have some questions/comments

lg777

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Got mine a few days ago. Packaging was very generic, i.e. no indication of manufacturer/brand/model. But I bought from I believe reputable dealer so not worried but still.

Mounting the suction cup on the windshield in -17C was a bit impossible. After searching about applying a smidgen of Vaseline, decided to use a water based lube instead. Petroleum based products and silicone is not recommended for long term. Holds like glue now, I hope it stays.

Initial video quality looks pretty good. I wish I can get the screen to turn off. Anyone know how to do this? The manual is a bit vague. Just a bit better than the onscreen descriptions. The video viewing software that came with the tiny CD blows, it keeps opening up in a weird location on the screen and I lose the right side and cannot move the window. Tried Alt-Space to manually move it but it won't work.

This is replacing a cheap 720p dash cam that well surprisingly has lasted many years. Suction cup on that thing was big and solid. I might use it instead but need to get a new mount, that will fit in the tripod screw connector. I think those selfie wand attachments will work nicely.

Overall, impressed with this unit but I will be adding more to my thread as the weeks go by. I am looking into another dash cam for my other car, perhaps the Mini 0806 when it becomes more readily available.

In menu, there is an option "backlight off setting" auto turn off screen after a certain time.

Thanks enrgeiz. I thought by turning it off it would, well turn off. I'll give it a try but when I can re-mount as I spoke too soon and the dashcam dropped again. This mount blows.

So a weird thing happens when I use the backlight on feature. It turns off but after awhile, how do you get the screen to turn back on? I press the on/off slightly but it seems to have shut off and I have the mic muted and it's then unmuted?

Btw, I have the G90 ZX A770 785 S H firmware.

Last edited:
This mount blows.
I hate the mount as well. I have been trying to come up with new ideas for awhile now. I have been trying to write a review up as well, but like you I keep having mount issues.

how do you get the screen to turn back on?
Any key one press should turn it back on. If you are having problems use the one arrow key that does not mute and unmute the mic.

Just received my G90-7S which was advertised as having the A7LA70 chip but my menu only offers the four vid resolutions settings that come with the A7LA30 and not the seven as advertised (and paid for). There is a GPS antenna but the signal on the screen is greyed out which also suggests that this is not the chip I paid for. My version is also G90 ZX A770 785 S H firmware and was purchased from Gearbest in the USA. Anyone have similar issues? How are Gearbest in regard to customer service?

As you were. I have found the extra vid resolution settings and got the GPS to work so I have nothing to complain about.

Last edited:
G90-7S, it is a good deal, if do not desire to much. ;)

Thanks enrgeiz. I thought by turning it off it would, well turn off. I'll give it a try but when I can re-mount as I spoke too soon and the dashcam dropped again. This mount blows.

So a weird thing happens when I use the backlight on feature. It turns off but after awhile, how do you get the screen to turn back on? I press the on/off slightly but it seems to have shut off and I have the mic muted and it's then unmuted?

Btw, I have the G90 ZX A770 785 S H firmware.

The mount is not good. I was able to mount mines with a GPS plate on the black dotted area along with vasoline and it actually worked for now at least. Now the my G90 has a host of other problems with accessing menus to flickering screen to just not recording anymore. The customer support isn't that good so I may have just lost $90 but lesson learned and I've learned a lot of about dashcams so hopefully I'll buy a better one soon.

I applied little bit Vaseline on the suction cup and it has NOT dropped for months and months.

I applied little bit Vaseline on the suction cup and it has NOT dropped for months and months.

I can't believe the vaseline method worked. Mines hasn't fallen either.

I can't believe the vaseline method worked. Mines hasn't fallen either.
Hahaha... it's supposed to make things slippery but works exactly opposite in this case. ;)

There is a GPS antenna but the signal on the screen is greyed out which also suggests that this is not the chip I paid for.
My signal icon becomes grayed out when the GPS mount is to close to the camera.

Can't speak from experience re the vasso technique but others say that as it is petroleum based it will rot the rubber in time.

Hello I want to ask. Does this unit can power on without the cable power plug in?

Hello I want to ask. Does this unit can power on without the cable power plug in?
If it's fully charged, it can power up on it's battery and last few minutes

If it's fully charged, it can power up on it's battery and last few minutes
Thanks for the answer.

I got mine from gearbest today. The unit was defect. Mine cannot turn on without cable at first. It keep shutting down after 30 sec. And now the unit didn't want to power on. With or without power cable. Reset didn't help.

I have submitted a ticket to gearbest and still no answer.

Is there anyone ever claim something from gearbest? I hope they can give the best solution for me.

Thanks for the answer.

I got mine from gearbest today. The unit was defect. Mine cannot turn on without cable at first. It keep shutting down after 30 sec. And now the unit didn't want to power on. With or without power cable. Reset didn't help.

I have submitted a ticket to gearbest and still no answer.

Is there anyone ever claim something from gearbest? I hope they can give the best solution for me.

It's not supposed to power on without charging 1st and even with full charge, it's only supposed to last few minutes.
Your dashcam is fine.

I've
It's not supposed to power on without charging 1st and even with full charge, it's only supposed to last few minutes.
Your dashcam is fine.
It won't turn on now. With or without the power cable plugged in.

Reset button not helping.

I've

It won't turn on now. With or without the power cable plugged in.

Reset button not helping.
If there is no power, reset button won't do anything.
Use it in the car and see if it starts with car charger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hajo G90 6