Just Purchased... Quick Questions

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi, i just bought this camera, and i have a few questions which i hope you can help me with:

01 - do you know how much power the DR650GW-2C uses / drains (how many watts does it consume)?

02 - when the camera is in 'Parking Mode', is it always on and always recording… i know it only saves 60 seconds before and after a motion detected event, but is it always on and recording… can you please elaborate.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi, i just bought this camera, and i have a few questions which i hope you can help me with:

01 - do you know how much power the DR650GW-2C uses / drains (how many watts does it consume)?

02 - when the camera is in 'Parking Mode', is it always on and always recording… i know it only saves 60 seconds before and after a motion detected event, but is it always on and recording… can you please elaborate.

Hi,

Page 44 in the manual says max 4.8W (Varies depending on Wifi usage).

Page 19 in the manual states:

1. If the car doesn't move for five minutes or longer when in normal mode, it is automatically converted to parking mode recording.
2. In parking mode recording, if movement or impact is detected by the camera, video is recorded.

So it stays on, but the video is not recorded unless impacted, until of course, your battery runs out of power. Also, be advised, depending on your settings, passing leaves can, and do, start your video recorder.

Parking mode recording will also help you set up the camera properly, once you access it via Wifi.

Regards

John

PS. I've got 2amp fuses in my "add a fuse" adapters.

Hi John,

Thank you very much for this information.

Just one final question... if the camera is able to record 60 seconds before an event detected by the camera... if this is the case, the camera must always be recording... as how else would it be able to know and record 60 seconds before an event?

Hi John,

Thank you very much for this information.

Just one final question... if the camera is able to record 60 seconds before an event detected by the camera... if this is the case, the camera must always be recording... as how else would it be able to know and record 60 seconds before an event?

The manual says 5 seconds before and 55 secs after the event. Although the camera is recording all the time the video isn't recorded. If impacted, the video recorder is set to go back (delay) five secs. You can set the time to 2 minutes (5 secs before and 115 secs after. You can have a practice by leaving your car for 5/10 minutes, then go back, past the camera, and rock it up and down and then view the recording.

You obviously need to install the Power Magic Pro, or something similar, to get full use of the Parking Mode facility.

I think the manual is on your SD card. If you can't find it, download it from here - blackvueshop.co.uk/support/manuals.

Regards

John

John

Thanks John.

I have the Power Magic Pro installed but i am still trying to figure out what Voltage Cut Off to set it too, hence all of the questions :)

Sorry, i forgot to ask... do you how much power will the camera use when it is in 'Parking Mode'?

Thanks John.

I have the Power Magic Pro installed but i am still trying to figure out what Voltage Cut Off to set it too, hence all of the questions :)

Sorry, i forgot to ask... do you how much power will the camera use when it is in 'Parking Mode'?

I've set mine to 12V (first two switches to the top). I think it will still be 4.8W, depending on the Wifi usage.

Regards

John

Thank you John, you have been very helpful.

Back