K100 Mirror DVR Dash Camera NT96650 / AR0330 / F1.6 / WDR-HDR / 6G lens

Hi,
I just got the K100 and updated to the newest firmware. does anybody know how I can turn off the screen while driving and recording?
Thanks.

Hi,
I just got the K100 and updated to the newest firmware. does anybody know how I can turn off the screen while driving and recording?
Thanks.

It's in the second page of the menu options if I remember right. Something about screen saver or screen time out. Look around and you'll find it. Mine turns off after about a minute while it continues to record.

My colleague bought another set same as mine. One hiccup he encountered was a temporary one: the 4gb memory card i loaned to him made the cam stop recording after using it for some time. It was corrected by re-formatting the card with the built in function and everything went back to normal. I would put it down to a lousy card but weird things did happen while we were trouble shooting the bugger! o_O

It's in the second page of the menu options if I remember right. Something about screen saver or screen time out. Look around and you'll find it. Mine turns off after about a minute while it continues to record.

Thanks dbizzle22, it works great!

Hi, I'm a new member.... thank you for your very useful messagges in this forum.... you are great!
I want ask if someone know the difference between DOD rx7w and shadow gl2000 (k100 is the same?), because I am undecided on which one to buy...
thanks

DOD's RX7W certainly looks different.

Mine stopped recording after almost 7mths of usage. For the price I'm ok with it but would have liked it to go on and on for a couple of years for it to be really special. My old trusty Dod F500 is taking its place at the front, working as reliably as before, after more than 3yrs.

I'm at about the 6 month mark now. Working well so far but not holding my breath for anything long term since it's not a popular brand. Doubtful that quality is anything terrific given pricing and it being generally unknown or not widely used

I'm at about the 6 month mark now. Working well so far but not holding my breath for anything long term since it's not a popular brand. Doubtful that quality is anything terrific given pricing and it being generally unknown or not widely used

guys, pardon my clumsiness ... i did more checks and found out it was the memory card! :(

anyway, i reformatted the card and pop it in: everything works as per normal now :) . so like what a lot of other people mentioned, the memory card is as important, if not more, than the cam itself: get a good one, a really really good one.

in my haste to resolve the 'issue', or something inside me wanting something new, i went ahead to order another rearview mirror cam that has the camera at a lower position. this should solve one of my issues of having an anti-glare strip across the top of my windscreen. will post details of it when it's here for evaluation.

Attachments

• car cam 1.jpg
    car cam 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
guys, pardon my clumsiness ... i did more checks and found out it was the memory card! :(

anyway, i reformatted the card and pop it in: everything works as per normal now :) . so like what a lot of other people mentioned, the memory card is as important, if not more, than the cam itself: get a good one, a really really good one.

in my haste to resolve the 'issue', or something inside me wanting something new, i went ahead to order another rearview mirror cam that has the camera at a lower position. this should solve one of my issues of having an anti-glare strip across the top of my windscreen. will post details of it when it's here for evaluation.

Oh nice form factor on that new one! What's it called? Link? Chipset?

Oh nice form factor on that new one! What's it called? Link? Chipset?

It's another Chinese one with a V7 model no. The ad claimed a combination of NT96650/A0330 so performance wise it should be reasonable. If the claim is true :cool:

Is it same as this camera? We call it A122.
a122 car camera_3.jpg

Does it have WDR for higher quality night time recording ?

Is there an optional GPS module on A122 ?

Yes, I've just received my unit a couple of days ago. There is provision for connection to a gps module, there is also an icon to show status on the 4.3"screen.

This model though, comes with 2 channel recording, and there is a smaller camera (no screen) in the package for connection to the main mirror unit. The placement of the main camera is excellent for me, as I've a anti-glare strip across the top of my windscreen, the video now captures area below this strip.

I've went through some video files of the front unit and compared them with the current GT700/K100. It was a big let down. I also wonder if it was indeed the same chipset in the camera, or the drop in quality was due to the 2-channel processing. Meant for different demands, I figure, as myself I just re-used my old DOD F500HD as my rear camera and has no need for 2-channel capability.

I'll start a separate thread later regarding the video quality of that set, but for those who want better and clearer video quality, hold on to your GT700/K100!

Are you sure that GPS could be available? I've asked Foxoffer by email and then replied "no"

Yes, u r right. There are in fact 2 models of the mirror cam. I'll be updating the info in the other thread on this model.

This K100/GT700 still serving me well. Here's one of my recent 'adventure'. Take a look and let me know what you think happened? Choose either 720p or 1080p for better viewing quality in youtube.

Back