K100 Mirror DVR Dash Camera NT96650 / AR0330 / F1.6 / WDR-HDR / 6G lens

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Finally out Novatek NT96650 CPU based Mirror DVR ( dash camera ) + Aptina AR0330 CMOS
According to some Chinese websites it has Large lens aperture F1.6 , 6G glass lens and WDR ( firmware enhanced )

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.9IdWZf&id=35500201512
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.9IdWZf&id=35708877902

It's available to buy from Foxoffer for 86.90$ including standard shipping.

Hope this mirror DVR produces as good video quality as other successful almost all NT9650 + AR0330 based dash cameras. On the paper specs looks good and design is also much better then most others I have seen.
Of course instead of rubber straps many would prefer clip-on type fitting, but its up to individual choice.

K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (1).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (2).jpg K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (3).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (4).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (4).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (5).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (6).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (7).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (8).jpg
K100 FULL HD Car Rear View Mirror Camera (9).jpg

Specification:
Screen
2.7 inch HD LCD
Lens
NTK96650 + AR0330 Sensor + 650NM Lens

Angle of view
120 Degree

Min illuminance
1Lux

Video way
Video cycling/Motion Detection

Video file
MOV

Video Coding Scheme
H.264

Video resolution
1920x1080P(30 frame/sec.) /1280×720/840x480/640×480 (60 frame/sec.)

Photo resolution
4032×3024, 3648×2736, 3264×2448, 2592×1944, 2048×1536, 1920×1080, 1280×960, 640×480

Video output
AVOUT

output form
PAL/NTSC

Video Seamless
YES

Video automatically
Support

Gravity sensor
When the car collision, the video file will be saved as EVE file,

and this file will not be deleted when recording cycling.

manual lock
Recording video, short press on/off key, lock current file, it won’t be deleted

language
Russia, Japan, France, Italy, Germany, Brazil, England, Korea

Video split time
3minutes/5minutes/10minutes for choosing

recording
Inside microphone, recording could close or open.

Version NO.
Display version No. and the time of software releasing

Night vision
There is no infrared light

Memory card
TF card

Memory capacity
1GB--32GB

USB interface
Mini5Pin USB2.0

Operation system
Windows 2000,windows xp, windows 7 etc

battery
3.7V Polymer Batteries

Power Dissipation
standby 300-350 MAH video recording 400-450 MAH

power
Car power supply 5V/1A

Interesting. Finally a rear view mirror clip on cam that may be worth considering. (Standards not withstanding of course)

Interesting. Finally a rear view mirror clip on cam that may be worth considering. (Standards not withstanding of course)

Actually I have mentioned above one drawback ( in my opinion ), - it is not clip on.
Yes, for users with black colour mirror it is not a problem to have mirror mounted with rubber straps, but for those who have light coloured mirror ( like on last picture ), then those rubber straps are noticeable and does not look nice from outside. But very simple solution: Plasti-Dip rubber spray. Max 5-10 minutes job along with putting / removing a masking tape.
Also clip-on mirror would be more easy to move from car to car if needed ( OK, we are talking here about total 1 minute saving: clip-on vs rubber straps mount, so I guess it is not that important )

Thanks for posting this niko. It may be suitable for my girlfriend's Honda. She's currently using a £13 DVR-027 clone which is rubbish, relative to a G1W or Mobius, but ok relative to price.

I hope to see some user feedback, before I splash the cash.

Thanks for posting this niko. It may be suitable for my girlfriend's Honda. She's currently using a £13 DVR-027 clone which is rubbish, relative to a G1W or Mobius, but ok relative to price.

I hope to see some user feedback, before I splash the cash.

I will be testing this mirror dvr in some stage.
Also I have ordered from third source special direct fitting OEM mirror bracket that I plan to attach to this mirror dvr so no need to use straps. This way it will look more OEM style. Will post results after all reviews / tests done ( it will take some time ).

Also I have ordered from third source special direct fitting OEM mirror bracket that I plan to attach to this mirror dvr so no need to use straps. .
That's a good idea since the speaker is likely to be muffled by the regular mirror.

There may be another problem with adjusting the lens to point forward when the mirror is turned towards the driver, also when the mirror is tipped up or down depending on the height of the driver. From the pictures it doesn't look like there's very much room for adjustment. Then there's the problem of multiple drivers of different heights that would require frequent adjustment of camera lens which could eventually make it a loose fit and impossible to aim properly.

Last edited:
That's a good idea since the speaker is likely to be muffled by the regular mirror.

There may be another problem with adjusting the lens to point forward when the mirror is turned towards the driver, also when the mirror is tipped up or down depending on the height of the driver. From the pictures it doesn't look like there's very much room for adjustment. Then there's the problem of multiple drivers of different heights that would require frequent adjustment of camera lens which could eventually make it a loose fit and impossible to aim properly.

I didnt see / hear any problem with speaker muffled in other clip-on mirrors i tested, because all original mirrors have 2-3mm edge around mirror, plus there is also about 2-3mm edge on place oposite straps so sound can escape from the speaker easily. My personal concern is hide-away effect and not attracting from outside, thats why i have ordered OEM fit bracket.

About lens pivoting its early to say. From other 7 mirror dvr-s I tested, 5 pivoted enough to get correct angle, so it can be confirmed after I receive it. But of course, the closer driver sit to the steering wheel ( mostly women ), the more angle you need to turn mirror towards driver and the more need lens angle pivoting. We will see.

It may be suitable for my girlfriend's Honda. She's currently using a £13 DVR-027 clone which is rubbish, relative to a G1W or Mobius, but ok relative to price.

You many want to make sure that the lens can be adjusted properly for right hand drive since most of these mirror cams the lens is on the left hand side (Ideal for left hand drive)

You many want to make sure that the lens can be adjusted properly for right hand drive since most of these mirror cams the lens is on the left hand side (Ideal for left hand drive)

All 7 I tested in the past had no problem using on both sides, lens turned enough to get correct angle. Even could close sun-visor. But of coursr its all depends on an infividual car.

All 7 I tested in the past had no problem using on both sides, lens turned enough to get correct angle. Even could close sun-visor. But of coursr its all depends on an infividual car.

Yes it does depend on the car. Techmoan was not so lucky with his mirror DVR testing (right hand drive/Lens on left)
You drive an SUV, he drives a small car, big difference I think.

I have had this for a few days. The video quality during day time is very good. However, the night time videos are no where near the quality of the sample videos. Also, I mounted this on a right hand drive car. The left side of the dash is inside the video, not the right side. But the full lane is shown, plus a bit of both sides as well.

Overall, the build quality and design exceeded my expectations. It looks well designed with logical buttons laid out properly, unlike some designs that I have seen, with ugly layout and big buttons with Chinese printing. This one comes with a row of nicely laid out buttons with English printed.

One question I would like to ask: for EXPOSURE, what do we normally set this to? There is +/- settings, and I have seen website videos with +1.0EV. Is that a good setting?

Thanks.

0 is generally best but if your night video is poor you might want to try +1 maybe and see how it goes, bit of trial and error really

I have had this for a few days. The video quality during day time is very good. However, the night time videos are no where near the quality of the sample videos. Also, I mounted this on a right hand drive car. The left side of the dash is inside the video, not the right side. But the full lane is shown, plus a bit of both sides as well.

Overall, the build quality and design exceeded my expectations. It looks well designed with logical buttons laid out properly, unlike some designs that I have seen, with ugly layout and big buttons with Chinese printing. This one comes with a row of nicely laid out buttons with English printed.

One question I would like to ask: for EXPOSURE, what do we normally set this to? There is +/- settings, and I have seen website videos with +1.0EV. Is that a good setting?

Thanks.

Just to clarify: you hade the one Techmoan reviewed, - not K100 based on NT96650 + AR0330. There is a big difference between them ;)

Just to clarify: you hade the one Techmoan reviewed, - not K100 based on NT96650 + AR0330. There is a big difference between them ;)

No, I read your 1st post and ordered from there. Exact same model as the pics, although I didn't try to open it to look at the chips :)

Tweety889, do you have any links to clips or youtube uploads? Anyone else bought this model and have anything to say about it? I've been flip flopping between going with the Mini 0801 and the K200 based 720p Rearview Mirror DVR. #1 to me is how discreet the cam is or can be (flush or barely protrudes/hangs from windshield). #2 is video - I can live with 720p if its good during day, good or decent at night. Audio doesn't bug me. Obviously reliability is a plus.

I'm 95% satisfied with the specs on this device here. Only the straps vs clips part bugs me but I think I could get over that easily. Just wondering if I should hang tight to see how reliable or problematic this one is or not.

I would wait. I emailed FoxOffer many weeks ago to try and get some video clips but never got a reply from them which is unusual.

I would wait. I emailed FoxOffer many weeks ago to try and get some video clips but never got a reply from them which is unusual.

I emailed them for samples and they replied a few minutes later saying "We don't have sample video yet for k100". Fair enough I guess. At least they replied :)

With WDR, night videos should be pretty decent to good right? I'm itching to try this one out. Price tag isn't too high so I might just bite the bullet unless anyone has any glaring concerns or opinions based on the specs?

did you check your junkmail folder, a lot of people in China use the Foxmail mail client for email but it's not standards compliant and a lot of people using programs like outlook or gmail will find legitimate emails getting filtered into the spam folders erroneously

did you check your junkmail folder, a lot of people in China use the Foxmail mail client for email but it's not standards compliant and a lot of people using programs like outlook or gmail will find legitimate emails getting filtered into the spam folders erroneously
Sorry for no-reply, I recheck email, we have received Gurkha9 email.
We don't have much time to record a sample video.
As I see, many NTK96650 mirror are on market, maybe we will choose one for test later.

Tweety889, do you have any links to clips or youtube uploads?

Hi, here are some of my recordings on youtube:

Short clips recorded during the day:

1 night clip:

Pls view in HD. Also do note that I have a strip of dark tinting across the top of my windscreen.

The rubber strapping provided is quite tight. I would prefer the top/bottom clip on type, but this is no big deal. It stayed on great after some muscling with it :)

The access to the microSD card slot is a bit awkward, from the top. So once the card is in, I'm not likely to change it unless I need to. For extracting my video files, I just use the usb cable method with a laptop.

Back