K2S received

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, K2S, B2W, (ex N2Pro & Mobius)
Their webpage is still up with phone numbers and an address: MEGTech and if you click on their "About" page there are more people in different positions who you might try to contact via email or phone. I just sent this to their sales supervisor "Sunny":

I am unable to get an email response from Rayman, and the people at "DashCamTalk" forum are concerned for him too since we haven't seen him there in months. One of us needs the knowledge of a product support person for a cam. Can you tell me if Rayman is OK?

Thank You,
Phil

I don't know that I can do much more to help with this myself. I will let everyone here know if I hear a reply from Sunny.

Phil

OP
kamkar

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I have heard rumors some American have taken over ( the K2S ) system, and he is a new guy with on knowledge of dashcams, but i have no contact info / name or anything like that.

I have pulled the memory card of my K2S and will take a look at it later today, i flashed the latest firmware again a while back to see if it would do anything for my camera stopping recording when the memory card is full.

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Thinkware U10002CH + K2S as side cams
Hi Phil, thanks so much for your help.
i will send my message also to all the other addresses, but it' still strange that nonone replies at "service@"
let's see...

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
I only want to get your camera working properly if that's possible, and I regret that in my own beta-testing I could not check parking modes due to the need for an OBD2 port which my old 'bus' doesn't have :( Maybe I should have rigged up an adapter to simulate the OBD2 port so I could have done that; I'm sure it would be possible.

Phil

OP
kamkar

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I had the OBD2 adapter, but they got changed as there was a issue with them and some times the camera would not come on.
Never tried the actual hard wire kit which i would prefer over any OBD thing.

My reports on this should also be in this thread somewhere.

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
i'm hardwired on a dashcam battery pack, but it's also very easy to piggyback on a fuse,
though you should put a high cut-off voltage as to not F up the battery

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had several units from MEGtech and unfortunately none were reliable enough for me to use in my vehicles. The recording quality and features were OK, but the build quality (and subsequent reliability) were not.

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Hi Phil, thanks so much for your help.
i will send my message also to all the other addresses, but it' still strange that nonone replies at "service@"
let's see...
no reply from ANYONE and my camera keeps freezing up, even when it's definitely no longer summer...

So stay far away from this product people!

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Edited this message. I have discovered that Rayman Chan was on Skype within the last few days, so he's alive and the company presumably still in business. I still have another inquiry out there.

(Editing again to add that I've had similar news from another unrelated source.)

Last edited: