K2S received

Only minus i have found so far is the voice audio are pretty low and i have it set to max, and the voice come from the camera and not the GPS antenna / speaker / notification LED ( this may be a setting issue on my part )

it might because the audio amplifier is damaged. we listed the bug in but list.
OTHER TESTERS, please be noticed:

don't use the current supplied USB-A to USB-C cable with the cigar charger to recorder GPS/DATA port, (probably damage audio amplifier for the speaker in GPS module), this is a compatibility design problem. Will have to change to USB-A3.0 connector to solve.

Same here - very low volume coming from the recorder - none from the GPS module. I never plugged it into the cigar charger, I used a power bank. Did you mean not to plug supplied cable to ANY USB or just the the supplied cigar charger?

power bank is same as cigar charger.
If the steel shell of the USB-A connector is connected to GROUND, when the speaker working, the amplifier will be dangerous.
the steel shell was designed to trans OBD data from OBD driver to recorder.

And what a nice looking little camera it is, also nothing to blame on packaging though there was no protective film on cameras or the LCD, but it is also a pre - production sample i have received.

When you get the parcel, if there is transparent film over the K2S gift box?
if there is no transparent film, it must been removed by the custom guy

No transparent film, the parcel did not appear to be oped, they normally put some new tape on saying opened by customs.
The black camera box was inside 2 smaller boxes taped together with brown tape to form a big enough box to have the camera box inside, and then that inside the DHL bag

DHL very rarely bother to open a parcel, i have never experienced that with them, they are happy if they get to collect the customs and handling fee.
Regular postage are often opened, but you can not count on it, i have had big ans expensive parcels go by them with nothing, other small stuff they do collect customs and tax, which are frustrating as that can make a small thing 2 x as expensive.

Denmark get about 40.000 postal parcels from China every day.
The minimum tax price here are just 10 US dollars, anything more expensive and you have to pay customs and handling fee.

Please note these subsequent posts are just my ramblings and footage, for ease of overview i will update the #1 post with my actual verified findings.

I really like the super small camera units, should make it even more easy if you plan on using the K2S as side cameras.
One minor issue i have come to realize is you cant detach the cameras, so you will have to turn the camera lens away from the glass it sit on when you want to clean the inside of that, and you do have to do that now and then even if you don't smoke.
Not a big issue, it is just i am used to detaching the cameras on my windscreen and then tie them to the mirror with a cloth, so they are safe when i spray chemicals on my windscreen to clean it on the inside.
The K2S mean i will have to get a little more creative and careful with cleaning, and that's also something i can manage just fine.

This is the K2S camera compared to the small camera of the SG9663DC, and others also use too as i understand it.
It is about half the size, so pretty darn small, and even with the unfortunate way the wire come off it in most cases you should be able to do a very stealthy install of the K2S camera in a car.

IMG_20190126_141410.jpg

Last edited:
No transparent film means the parcel must be open by someone after the parcel left our office.
We used thermal shrink film to seal the box.
I noticed this because I think the red recorder bag is missing in your image ;)

When cleaning the windshield, just slip a baggie and rubberband over the cam to protect it. Of course remove it when you're done so the cam doesn't overheat.

Phil

No the little red camd II Limited edition bagt was there but it was not in the camera box, i think it was just inside the DHL bag

No my mistake, just had to massage my head a little against the computer table :giggle: the little red bag was indeed inside the black camera box.

you cant detach the cameras
If most users want the remote cameras be removable, we can design a small sliding adapter piece. No any difficulty.
Depends on what users want

The red bag is not in camera box (no any space in the box) but in carton box

I am okay with them as they are, i just have to make a minor change to my windscreen cleaning process, and any man should be able to do that.

I do not clean my inside windows that often, i want people to see my videos and think that's what i will be able to get in my car too. if i did clean my windows every other day that would be unfair to the regular users, cuz nobody do that, not even the most hardcore dashcam users in here.

I do not clean my inside windows that often.

So do i
here most Chinese cars have a inside film on windshield for heat shielding, which reduced a big amount lights and made the image burry

If most users want the remote cameras be removable, we can design a small sliding adapter piece. No any difficulty.
Depends on what users want
Excellent!
I think that users want WF HD (64:27 format, that the Amberalla A7 has). Perhaps so many are familiar with 16:9, and don't really know that there is a better format. When I began researching car DVRs a few months ago, I didn't know about it.
I figure that it would be a simple process to make another version of the K2S, using the A7 (considering that you've already used it in other DVRs).
Consider this my formal request -- please make a WF HD version. I'm sure that it would make a lot of geeks really happy!

The sensors used here cant support a 1080 X something larger than 1920p in with, but i do think the chipset can handle that, but you need a 4 mpix sensor like the OV4689 to pull that wide screen off, but using the OV4689 will be going back in low light performance.

I have for your viewing pleasure a recording from today that demo the excellent audio of the K2S, recorded using the latest firmware on this day.
The audio have some hizz to it that probably come from the power source i use at the moment, i will flip the camera to the provided one on my next drive.
Still i think you will be able to hear that even if you don't have the main unit on the passenger side sunshade, then you should still be able to get fine audio if you put the main unit elsewhere.

WARNING !!! almost had a event ( red light runner ) around 1:00 so be prepared for me uttering the "F" word.

The sensors used here cant support a 1080 X something larger than 1920p in with, but i do think the chipset can handle that, but you need a 4 mpix sensor like the OV4689 to pull that wide screen off, but using the OV4689 will be going back in low light performance.
Ok. Well, I'm hoping that there's a sensor that's good enough.

The audio have some hizz to it that probably come from the power source i use at the moment
That is the microphone recording the sound from the capacitors, I think that is too loud - Rayman needs to improve it or there will be a lot of complaints.

sorry my fault, I forget to make the sticker for OBD switches.
here:
View attachment 44299
For people who don't want parking mode, is there a setting for turn off the camera when the engine is turned off when using the ODB power?
Eg. a 13.0V cut off.

Also, I might want parking mode at the supermarket, but not want my memory card filled with video of the inside of my dark garage...

For people who don't want parking mode, is there a setting for turn off the camera when the engine is turned off when using the ODB power?
Eg. a 13.0V cut off.

Also, I might want parking mode at the supermarket, but not want my memory card filled with video of the inside of my dark garage...

So, basically, you want your dvr to know that it's at home -- yes?
That's what I've been hoping to find. But, the only way I've found is a switch (either a 'power switch', or like BlackVue has on its OBD plugs).
I want something automatic (I have a home automation system -- I love that kind of stuff!)
Maybe something like this could be implemented?

Back