Kamkar beating on B1W

Maybe the camera trip over its own feet some times when booting, maybe some things can be delayed a few milliseconds during boot.

There are 20 Gb until this card are full, and then i will test it for a while as a full card, then i will continue testing with another memory card ( trancend X400 and or Trancend ultimate X633 both 64Gb too )

From my drive today, i capture a multicolor lens flare.

I have never seen a multi colored one like that.
On the other hand the camera do handle the low sun well, and my very scratched windscreen ( hope to be able to replace that one next year )

Again i am getting no starts and delayed starts as the memory card have filled up, up until that i did not have any issued with the U3 kingston card i have been using lately.

I do think there are something that trip up some times starting a recording on a full card, maybe something related to boot can be delayed some milliseconds.
It is very random when it happen

Again i am getting no starts and delayed starts as the memory card have filled up, up until that i did not have any issued with the U3 kingston card i have been using lately.

I do think there are something that trip up some times starting a recording on a full card, maybe something related to boot can be delayed some milliseconds.
It is very random when it happen
If you have a try to reload firmware or format memory card?

I have not tried that but i plan to, the memory card was of course formatted in the camera when i first put it in it.

Will reload Firmware tonight & format the memory card and start over.

I have not tried that but i plan to, the memory card was of course formatted in the camera when i first put it in it.

Will reload Firmware tonight & format the memory card and start over.
PM you this beta firmware which can detect slow speed card problem,and you can test it for me!

I have now turned the B1W on myself, it fit pretty good on my mirror stalk ( glue on ), but the 10 cm or so offset lens do mean i have more side windows in one side than the other.
I will have updated footage and pictures tomorrow, just did the install and its too dark to get anything good in the cabin at least.
But tomorrow you should get a in your or should i say my face moment with me again :giggle:

B1W as cabin camera.

IMG_20180414_143857.jpg

Uber are not legal here, big brother gooberment cant control it, so big brother say no.
And besides what should all the refugee / immigrants do other than drive buses and taxis

Uber are not legal here, big brother gooberment cant control it, so big brother say no.
And besides what should all the refugee / immigrants do other than drive buses and taxis

You should be thankful your government have not allowed Uber into Denmark, We unfortunately have them in some city's in the UK and they're a real risk to the public with their third world drivers.

I was testing a little with parking guard today with my B1W powered by my USB power bank while parked.

First i tried low G sensor setting using a v1.06.180307s firmware, this did not work camera dident seem to want to go into parking mode just kept recording regular.
I then set G sensor to high and then it worked, camera went into guard mode after a little while, and a modest kick on the wheel triggered a event recording.
The camera do record 1 minute files and i have set it to 3 minutes i always use, this might be due to me not resetting to default after new firmware install, so i will experiment on this and get back to you here.

High seemed like a working setting, no false triggers and my car was parked in a windy place, and i was amazed a kick to the wheel of my car was enough to trigger a recording.
will be doing some more testing with this tomorrow, i have been shanghaied to help my friend once again :)

I was testing a little with parking guard today with my B1W powered by my USB power bank while parked.

First i tried low G sensor setting using a v1.06.180307s firmware, this did not work camera dident seem to want to go into parking mode just kept recording regular.
I then set G sensor to high and then it worked, camera went into guard mode after a little while, and a modest kick on the wheel triggered a event recording.
The camera do record 1 minute files and i have set it to 3 minutes i always use, this might be due to me not resetting to default after new firmware install, so i will experiment on this and get back to you here.

High seemed like a working setting, no false triggers and my car was parked in a windy place, and i was amazed a kick to the wheel of my car was enough to trigger a recording.
will be doing some more testing with this tomorrow, i have been shanghaied to help my friend once again :)
I've been trying a G-sensor parking mode FW too. Same as you, I found that I needed it set to High to trigger an event. Unfortunately that means I get lots of false event recordings while driving. I've asked if we can have different G-sensor settings for parking and driving modes.

First timer on this camera, and 2 time total using parking mode.

#1 it seem like you have to connect to the camera and stop the always recording for the camera to go into parking mode ?
#2 to get out of parking mode again it seem like you either have to connect to camera and start regular recording, or unplug and power it up again.

I would never use G sensor when driving as i tried that with my lukas and only a couple of days or dialing in custom trigger values finally got the number of false recordings down to a few for a drive.
So for regular driving i would just rely on the camera always recording, and for minor things use the manual event button, and the camera always recording for a major crash where i would be knocked out ( rescue / bystanders should turn off car at once so really no chance of event getting overwritten i would say.

I refuse to believe that factory low - med - high settings can ever be dialed in to suit most drivers, the difference in peoples driving style / car and its setup and road conditions are simply too big to ever be useful.

I would only ever use G sensor for parking, motion detect are too flawed, but it would be nice of the camera itself like my lukas went into parking mode on its own, and out of it again.
Having to connect to the camera to start / stop parking mode, or use it always meaning it dont really record unless you have a event, which again are not that useful at least not for a camera with no pre-buffering of events.

The B1W do seam to start up recording fast when triggered, but that can never compare to capturing the trigger event as you can with buffered footage.

Up until now i have always set G sensor to off, so i never had a event folder with stuff in it before, i now have G sensor at high but the camera still boot into always recording as normal ( do note i have a newer firmware )
And that's just fine what i would like for my drives, but when i then arrive at my destination it seem like i have to connect to the camera stop recording, and then flicking the camera trigger a event recording and after 30 seconds or so it revert back to stand by, and that's just fine too.
Just the enter and exit parking mode now that bother me, as i understand it is anyways, having to do something to enter parking mode seem problematic, with a proper hard wire kit ( which i dont have ) you should just turn off car - leave it and then camera should go into parking mode on its own.

What i do now testing is arrive - stop car and camera - plug camera into USB power bank - camera start recording normally - connect to camera and stop recording - and then leave car, and now it will be in parking mode.
When i then return ( today my little USB power bank was out of juice so camera was stopped ) but otherwise i would unplug it to stop parking mode - then plug in regular power supply - start car and then camera would be regular recording.

At least thats my understanding of how it work for me now wit the v1.06.180307s firmware i am using.

The failure to get the camera going with low setting today was that i dident connect to the camera and stopped regular recording, I assumed that after pluggin into my USB power bank the camera would change to parking after a little while, but that was not the case, so it just recorded normal and was doing so when i looked at car a little while after parking.
I then connected to it with my phone stopped recording to get into settings, changed to high and then disconnected without starting recording, and sure enough when i slapped my windscreen the camera changed from steady LED to flashing LED.

First timer on this camera, and 2 time total using parking mode.

#1 it seem like you have to connect to the camera and stop the always recording for the camera to go into parking mode ?
#2 to get out of parking mode again it seem like you either have to connect to camera and start regular recording, or unplug and power it up again.

I would never use G sensor when driving as i tried that with my lukas and only a couple of days or dialing in custom trigger values finally got the number of false recordings down to a few for a drive.
So for regular driving i would just rely on the camera always recording, and for minor things use the manual event button, and the camera always recording for a major crash where i would be knocked out ( rescue / bystanders should turn off car at once so really no chance of event getting overwritten i would say.

I refuse to believe that factory low - med - high settings can ever be dialed in to suit most drivers, the difference in peoples driving style / car and its setup and road conditions are simply too big to ever be useful.

I would only ever use G sensor for parking, motion detect are too flawed, but it would be nice of the camera itself like my lukas went into parking mode on its own, and out of it again.
Having to connect to the camera to start / stop parking mode, or use it always meaning it dont really record unless you have a event, which again are not that useful at least not for a camera with no pre-buffering of events.

The B1W do seam to start up recording fast when triggered, but that can never compare to capturing the trigger event as you can with buffered footage.

Up until now i have always set G sensor to off, so i never had a event folder with stuff in it before, i now have G sensor at high but the camera still boot into always recording as normal ( do note i have a newer firmware )
And that's just fine what i would like for my drives, but when i then arrive at my destination it seem like i have to connect to the camera stop recording, and then flicking the camera trigger a event recording and after 30 seconds or so it revert back to stand by, and that's just fine too.
Just the enter and exit parking mode now that bother me, as i understand it is anyways, having to do something to enter parking mode seem problematic, with a proper hard wire kit ( which i dont have ) you should just turn off car - leave it and then camera should go into parking mode on its own.

What i do now testing is arrive - stop car and camera - plug camera into USB power bank - camera start recording normally - connect to camera and stop recording - and then leave car, and now it will be in parking mode.
When i then return ( today my little USB power bank was out of juice so camera was stopped ) but otherwise i would unplug it to stop parking mode - then plug in regular power supply - start car and then camera would be regular recording.

At least thats my understanding of how it work for me now wit the v1.06.180307s firmware i am using.

The failure to get the camera going with low setting today was that i dident connect to the camera and stopped regular recording, I assumed that after pluggin into my USB power bank the camera would change to parking after a little while, but that was not the case, so it just recorded normal and was doing so when i looked at car a little while after parking.
I then connected to it with my phone stopped recording to get into settings, changed to high and then disconnected without starting recording, and sure enough when i slapped my windscreen the camera changed from steady LED to flashing LED.
I have been testing a newer beta firmware version than yours, which does go into and out of parking mode automatically (I'll check which FW version when I get to the car later)

The new beta FW constantly monitors the G-sensor and goes into parking mode after 3 minutes of no movement. It then waits in parking mode until one of two things happens:
1- An impact large enough to trigger the sensor will record a short 16s event file, then go back into parking mode
2- When you start driving again, the B1W automatically resumes normal recording within a couple of seconds.

So what I do is get in car - start car which starts B1W normal recording - drive to destination - stop car which stops camera - plug in powerbank which starts normal recording - leave car - after 3 minutes B1W enters parking mode - return to car - unplug powerbank which stops camera - plug in normal power supply - start car which starts normal recording again......

I have also left the B1W connected to the powerbank when driving to simulate continuous power from a hardwire kit or cellink battery. Then the routine becomes: get in car - plug in powerbank which starts normal recording - drive to destination - leave car - after 3 minutes B1W enters parking mode - return to car - start driving which starts normal recording again - drive to next destination - leave car - after 3 minutes B1W enters parking mode again....

The only downside is that normally I have my B1W G-sensor set to low sensitivity, so I don't get any false event recordings while driving. However the low setting is not sensitive enough to trigger an event in parking mode even when I closed the door nearest to the camera rather hard. So for this parking mode function to work ideally the B1W should have two G-sensor settings, one for driving and one for parking.

Despite the automatic parking mode available in this beta FW, my personal preference is still to have continuous recording while parked, so I can record everything that happens before and after any incident. The B1W has a relatively low bitrate and power consumption so this is not too demanding on memory cards and powerbanks.

I just had a big mess with my B1W so i had to upgrade it via the computer with a tool much like USB direct.
So my B1W have been out of commission since Thursday last week, so nice to have it back not least as i just changed it to cabin camera and it actually do a good job at that in the daytime.
Now i just have to deal with how ugly i am on video recordings :giggle: so better keep footage from the B1W to a minimum.

Got off to a bad start today, so not really any work on the B1W going on, but fear not tomorrow is another day.
My firmware are one upped too, so i think i am on the right beta page now.

Back