Kamkar beating on B1W

Okay home from my little drive, and yes the distortion are still there when holding the camera in the hand.
So i am now mostly inclined to think its a issue with the setting of the microphone or the microphone itself, i cant say its a housing resonance thing anymore.

So testing with a tone generator or something could reveal at what frequency the cut off should be for the microphone, or if its even enough.
Please PM me this link to download these test vid demo,and i will FW it to our engineer,thanks!

So i just did a little HI-FI test recording 3 minutes of Roger Waters

This is the track i recorded in the car, stereo set at "a little high" but not earblasting besides my headunit cant master such volumes and neither can the stock Suzuki speakers in my 4 doors.
No subwoofer in my car only puny suzuki speakers and a china WIN CE 2 DIN headunit :oops::cry:

And the DL link to the 2 samples, one from B1W and the other from my reference SG9665GC - V3

https://mega.nz/#!zpYkhTYD!qpM0O4jRezdoJCIG9MKU6f3IZwZTajiZmqNDT_07QlM

As you can hear the B1W are a lot more bass like in the sound, and it dont like that as you can also hear

Well here goes the so-far-unasked question :rolleyes:

@estore009 -Do your engineers have the ability to tune the bass response lower via chip programming or firmware? Or is the audio portion of the chip unchangeable on your end?

This would be the easiest and fastest fix if it's possible- I just don't know if it can be done this way.

Phil

It is a high sensitive mic we used in B1W;Our engineer tried to adjust its sensitivity,and also my engineer contacted Novatek(GM) already for help to adjust its audio capture data.

Well here goes the so-far-unasked question :rolleyes:

@estore009 -Do your engineers have the ability to tune the bass response lower via chip programming or firmware? Or is the audio portion of the chip unchangeable on your end?

Phil
Well, to be honest that question couldn't be asked before some conclusions were reached. ;)

I always do my best to respect the conclusions of my peers, but most often i also feel a urge to confirm this myself,,, just to be on the safe side.

My friend on the other hand have a high degree of wanting to dismiss whatever others say, so debating with him and knowing you are right and trying to explain that to him can be frustrating hard some times, and in cases i have given up all together.

I have had a few non starts the past days, the camera just sit there quiet with a solid green LED.
On following starts the camera are back up and running fine.
The memory card are full but that should not be a problem

@kamkar1 Is it possible that you have a check if bad sectors in memory card ?
And also suggest that have a try with a new memory card,thanks!
Please feel free to contact me if any questions!
Regards,
Vicky

I have not yet tested the memory card or changed it as the problem is only there once in a while, i have been driving 4 times since the last time it happened and there camera worked flawless.
But i will have a look at memory card soon.
The card i am using ATM are a brand new Trancend 400X 32 Gb

Last edited:
I have had a few non starts the past days, the camera just sit there quiet with a solid green LED.
On following starts the camera are back up and running fine.
The memory card are full but that should not be a problem
Strange. I had a few 'late' starts last week. The "recording start" message played a few minutes after setting off, even though the red LED was flashing from the start of driving.

I have tried to find the affected files by playing back last week's video, but everything seems to be there. At the end of the week and again today it's working as normal.

It was a bit colder last week, so my diesel engine took longer to switch on. I wondered if there was a later than usual interruption in power supply to the 12v socket that affected the camera's behaviour?

I had another delayed boot speech event today, the camera record fine from the start but the boot speech are delayed.

I have speed up some parts and muted the sound not relevant.

I had another delayed boot speech event today, the camera record fine from the start but the boot speech are delayed.

I have speed up some parts and muted the sound not relevant.
That's what mine did 2 or 3 times last week.

I am testing my memory card now.
This is what i have gotten a few times, and then the non recording locked on steady ( green ) LED
It is quite sporadic to me, at first i was thinking maybe the power was disconnected but then i noticed the steady green LED, and if it was the PSU then it should be more regular and i can have several fully normal sessions in between the camera acting up like this.

Ill update with result of memory card test later.

No errors found on memory card.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 20.1 MByte/s
Reading speed: 82.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I am using the PSU from the 0906, i will switch to the one provided with the B1W, not sure this is it but its a easy switch over so no problem.

Okay after being 100% sure of what i have i am now testing the B1W with my Kingston U3 card ( 64 Gb ) that's the all black card with red lettering on.

On my morning run today in -4 degrees the camera was too cold to give any audio welcome, but judging by the LED it did start recording, and 16 minutes later after having shopped a little the B1W was warm enough to speak to me. :)
Will see tomorrow there it should be even colder, but at least my drive will be long enough for my car to warm up, so i will bring the B1W with me after the drive and verify its behavior today.

The B1W did record the day before yesterday when it booted with no welcome MSG. this morning with 2 degrees colder ( -6 deg C ) the camera booted normal with welcome MSG too.
So i dont think it is due to the cold weather the welcome MSG wasent there yesterday, The 64Gb cars i twat with now are not full yet ( Kingston U3 card black with red lettering )

Thanks for report,and we will ask my team to check it!

Back