Kid gets hit by a car crossing the street. (Partial Backpack Protection at least)

This is the stuff of my nightmares. I see people crossing where they shouldn’t all the time. Drivers are taught to look for the pedestrian crossing signs and pedestrians have the right of way in them. I even got a ticket when I first got here because I went through a cross walk after a pedestrian started across on the other side of the street; they take it much more seriously here than in the states.

Poor kid, we all did stupid stupid things as children, most of us are lucky not to have it end being hit by a car. That first video is a classic example of how GPS data on a dashcam could crucify you, especially in the US. Imagine if that camera showed the car above the 40 or 50km speed limit, I don't care how at fault the child is, the driver will be liable, especially if speeding at the time. And to honest, I'm OK with that, he who is command of 2 tons of steel should bear the greatest liability.

That's why in US, vehicles on both sides of the street must stop when school buses are stopped for kids.
You never know when and where those kids run to.

Back