koonlung little gem.. c75/c81

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unlike most dashcams, to handle this feels like a quality product..

It performs like a quality dashcam giving very sharp quality images ..

It seems to be very reliable and the GPS lock is quick..

Its physical size is very small..

And yet, there is very little to read about it and its not very well known or spoken of on here...

Take a look.. and bare in mind this was on the market 11/2 to 2 years ago and still matches anything out today.

http://screencast.com/t/8U2FvCds

There are only a couple of you tube videos and joovoo hardly pushed its attributes and made any impact on sales !

Koonlung have some really nice tooling, they fall short on stability though, firmware is not their strong point, the bulk of their export business is with Russia, browse the Russian forums and you'll find feedback on their models

Koonlung are fantastic for design as @jokiin states. Their firmware isn't the best but is fine, but the problem is support, they don't really do updates or anything so once you have it you kind of have it.

We stopped selling it because:
- The firmware had such potential but just too many bugs which we couldn't get fixed
- The mount can be a bit 'annoying'
- At the time we simply could not get any market traction for it.

We sold about 20 to a small fleet of cars and as far as I am aware they are still in those fleet of cars. The C75 was one of my favorite cameras going it's just a shame they didn't back it up with updates.

Using it ,

I cant see any need to update anything as the footage matches/surpasses all of what I ve seen thus far and thus it is still relevant 2 years into its lifetime which is quite remarkable.

Says a lot that it was a dashcam companies favourite and maybe it was launched pretty perfect and had no need for obsessive updates.

I ll join joovuu in recommending it !!!

Its physical size is very small.

It's not small. Attached to it's mount it looks very conspicuous. The 41.9cm² front aspect of this camera is 6 times larger than that of a Mobius.

Anyone who likes this form factor will buy a Transcend DrivePro or similar.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I ve heard a lot of men say "things" are not small,

heard a lot of men say she has small hands it ll make it look bigger ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rather than upset anyone lets just agree it looks average :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back