KP1S-E DASH CAM PROBLEM

unsung

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

My name is George and I am based in London, UK.
I have 2 cameras in the car. The main one is the KP1S which records the road and the secondary one (SVA022-S-2) ,which is connected to the main one,
and records the inside of the car. The recording is happening with an SD card which is inserted on KP1S. On KP1S there are 4 lights. In order are red, orange, blue, and green.
Normally every time I would start the car all (lights) will flash in order and then the red and blue one would stay on( not sure if it is all lights or the first 3). It's been a few days since the cameras stopped recording.
I say cameras but actually is the KP1S camera as the other one is secondary and as mentioned above connected to the main one. Instead of the order of the flashing lights every time I start the car, I get the red light then the orange and then the red light will start flashing on it's own with the orange off. My research lead me to believe that the problem is with the SD card. I ordered 2 new ones. I did initialisation in one of them and tried it with no result. I inserted the 2nd new one without initialisation, same result. I tried different settings on initialisation including the original sd card, same result. 1 electrician checked the wiring and confirmed that everything is fine. I tried to find a technician but the ones that came were mainly electricians and didn't have experience with the camera itself. The company I bought them from told me that because it is an old discontinued model they can't send a technician and I should better get a new camera. I have exhausted all my options and this is the last one. To be honest I don't want to spend more money for a new camera if there is a solution. Any suggestions, recommendations are welcome!

Thank you

Back