Leaking gas cylinder - car explodes

Residential camera?

Hehe, I thought the article called it residential camera instead of dashcam.
Now I re-read and it was residential area.
The green car, a Citroen Xsara, was being filmed by a driver in a vehicle travelling behind it in the right-hand lane through a residential area.

at least someone immediately went to the driver to make sure she was ok. looks like she was lucky and opening the door sort of blew out the flames just long enough for her to get out.

when a car is burning like that, no handheld fire extinguisher will even put a dent in it. it might be enough to try and get another person out if they're still in there, but no chance of putting out that kind of fire. so maybe that's why nobody stopped.

wonder what kind of gas it was that was leaking? in the US, they add mercaptan to natural gas so that you can actually smell it and know when you have a leak. and propane (LP) by itself just naturally smells bad. so maybe her smoking habit has killed off her olfactory nerves, or russia doesn't have rules about adding agents to gas so you can smell a leak.

Acetylene sure smell bad too, when i was in my first job i some times took a hit of the Oxy tank of the oxy acytelene cutter, but one day i opned for the gass instead.

Allso made me wake up, but not as cool as buzz like the oxygene was :D

Allso in same job tried to change gas on a forklift, but not shutting off valve on gas tank first, lucky i just put out my ciggy, and the freezer burns i got closing the tank wasent bad enuff to call in sick the next day.

My wife is an ER doc. If this woman didn't PROMPTLY get to a trauma center (and even then), she probably died. Inhaling flames (into your lungs) causes extreme damage that doesn't show instantaneously - but within hours, the lungs swell, fill with fluid, and make breathing impossible. She's seen patients that are talking when they arrive, and despite the trauma and burn teams' best efforts, still end up dying.

Everything I've found on this said that she had only minor injuries - but I wonder if those are assessments made based on the video - of if they actually investigated her medical condition separately.

Why she left / kept gas cylinder INSIDE car, rather than in trunk ?

Ya'll ****ing smokers, not surprized you get your ass into incidents like this. STOP SMOKING ASSHOLES! Ruining the air quality for yourself and people around you, ESPECIALLY ME!

Even if it was in the trunk, the trunk is not sealed off from the passenger compartment. A gas leak will still get into the cabin.
Many cars have half-sealed trunk ( BMW E39 etc ) but I guess you are right in her case Citroen Xsara is different. But still if petrol would leak in trunk or inside car, that could make a difference.
On the other hand, why she didnt smell a gasoline leak ? It is so stinky that not smelling is almost impossible.

Ya'll ****ing smokers, not surprized you get your ass into incidents like this. STOP SMOKING ASSHOLES! Ruining the air quality for yourself and people around you, ESPECIALLY ME!
If one day all smokers would stop smoking, - that would trigger long bankruptcy chain reaction of many health institutions and others 3rd, 4th, 5th etc patries organizations in this chain and even more deeper economy fall.

Many cars have half-sealed trunk ( BMW E39 etc ) but I guess you are right in her case Citroen Xsara is different. But still if petrol would leak in trunk or inside car, that could make a difference.
On the other hand, why she didnt smell a gasoline leak ? It is so stinky that not smelling is almost impossible.

You're thinking of liquid fuels. They don't burn the way this car did. It had to be gaseous to burn like that.

Maybe it was natural gas (methane) which had no mercaptan (odor) added. NG by itself is completely odorless. When they add the mercaptan at the treatment facilities, it's a ratio of something like one part per BILLION. Mercaptan is that strong.

Of course another factor is that smokers often lose their sense of smell.

And another factor is maybe that area of town doesn't smell very good anyway due to chemical plants nearby or whatever, so maybe the driver thought it was something outside the car that smelled like that.

And another factor is maybe that area of town doesn't smell very good anyway due to chemical plants nearby or whatever, so maybe the driver thought it was something outside the car that smelled like that.

last nights Indian take away maybe :D

wonder what kind of gas it was that was leaking? in the US, they add mercaptan to natural gas so that you can actually smell it and know when you have a leak. and propane (LP) by itself just naturally smells bad.
I was about to ask the exact same thing.

Back