LED-light off - is this correct?

Erling

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi, new car, new camera and the new Blackvue battery-pack.

Just need to be sure that I have as little as possible flashing LED-lights.

A lot of old people as neighbours with a lot of time to discuss. :eek:

I have chosen this:

Recording status LED
Disabled

Security LED
Disabled

Parking mode LED
Disabled

OK?

Thanks.

Hi Erling

You can't turn off the rear camera light but you could use a piece of black tape to cover the bit of light that can be seen from the outside. Also, tape over the Blackvue logo on the front camera.

John

Thanks for the tip John.

What are the settings for then?

I assume it's for your own personal preferences. I think the rear camera light is permanent so that you can see if it's working OK. If you've not already done so, download the manual. You may find it a good idea to format the SD card weekly, either in the camera or in the viewer. The format on the viewer are the two clockwise arrows in the top right-hand corner.

Thanks again.

Formatting is always done when I clean the car, 1-3 times a month.

I need to study the user guide and see if there is a good reason for these settings.

Also, tape over the Blackvue logo on the front camera.
John
A black felt pen works as well.
For what it is worth to the OP.. I have all the lights and announcements turned off in the settings.. except the park mode announcement, just to let me know the camera is still up there, plugged in and working.

Ralph2, I can understand that.

I was hoping to have NO-lights at all. If Mrs. Robinson og Mr. Robinson at 65+ see a small light they will start discussing it with the other Robinsons living in my building and then... :oops::oops::oops:

Ralph2, I can understand that.

I was hoping to have NO-lights at all. If Mrs. Robinson og Mr. Robinson at 65+ see a small light they will start discussing it with the other Robinsons living in my building and then... :oops::oops::oops:
Mounting the camera in front (behind?) the rear view mirror it is extremely difficult to see the remaining LED light which faces in. With all the security lights flashing on all the new cars I doubt the addition of one more would excite the Robinson's too much.

Back