LENOVO v31 1080p Luxury style dashcamera

All that money and resources and look how ugly they make it

"they" think and call it "luxury" ? :)
Designers-money could go into the hardware / firmware development.
It is sad to see such a big name allowing to come out with such an ugly-looking device.

Yeah unfortunately beauty is subjective and it is obvious it is aimed at the local market where it is more to their taste

Ok, I agree with you @ "beauty is subjective" and I kinda can see some luxury wrist-watch design details, but common Lenovo: - cheap 2usd bracket / mount ?

Gold... Really?? Who's that for the Arabs :D

I'm assuming this must be yet another one of those countless products that simply gets branded with a well known corporate logo rather than something Lenovo actually put their engineering prowess into?

I'm assuming this must be yet another one of those countless products that simply gets branded with a well known corporate logo rather than something Lenovo actually put their engineering prowess into?

May or may not be, hard to say with this company

I just checked and searched their main web site and they don't seem to list any dash cams or even any other non-computer related products for that matter. This camera does seem to have the actual Lenovo logo on it though but I guess it could be a bogus product.

They have lots of accessories done under their brand that are probably not listed also, most of it is just licensed product, could be the same, hard to say with any certainty

A search for "Lenovo accessories" on eBay and elsewhere only shows computer related ones but I'm sure you are correct about the licensing. I guess for our purposes the interesting question would be what kind of video this awesome looking product can produce. :)

Gold... Really?? Who's that for the Arabs :D

After Apple came out with the gold iPhone, all of a sudden we started to see other "gold" products come into the marketplace. Apple has a long history of starting these kind of trends. At least Apple's gold design flourishes were pretty understated.

Am I the only one find this one "Not Ugly"?
It is similar to Lukas and I found size and shape (and metal? shell) beautiful.
Any information on sensor and chip?

It is similar to Lukas and I found size and shape (and metal? shell) beautiful.
Any information on sensor and chip?

I'm with you on this, although an unusual shape and harder to hide than other cameras, I don't hate the black one. The gold is just asking to be stolen and looks absolutely horrid however IMO, but its all personal taste.

Thanks Niko for the info. As always, it is interesting to see the marketing experiments.
It does not appeal to me. I do not need jewelry decorating my car. Just my opinion.
Much rather invest into excellent headlights for better night vision. Helps me and the camera.

Yep.
Surely the idea of a dashcam is 'fit & forget'?
People really don't want the hassle of fixing up a camera, plugging in a lead & making sure the cam is pointing the right way every time they get in their car - and then removing everything when they get out - especially if they also have to set up a satnav as well, it's just one more thing & then people get fed up.
Discretion is the way forward.
It's why some car manufacturers are starting to incorporate satnavs into car dashboards.

I agree with you. DCs however are a little different because they have to provide access to recorded video somehow. Satnav can just receive updates periodically and that about sums up their interaction with car operator, so they are easier to install permanently.

WiFi is the way to go for covert installs I suppose.

MTV pimp my dashcam ?

Luxury with that huge suction cup? And in gold too hahaha. The perfect thing to compliment the fuzzy dice hanging on your rearview

[QUOTE="GJHS, The perfect thing to compliment the fuzzy dice hanging on your rearview[/QUOTE]
Hey now don't go making fun of my fuzzy dice ;)

Back