lens quality..

I start to wonder one thing about on one minute mark, this girl is tapping her pen to somewhere, did she tap only her table or is there some secret meaning to that tapping, fix non working boards perhaps:)

it's not to fix a non working board, they'd be looking for any glitches in the display etc when tapped that might indicate a problem, this is by no means a great factory so don't read too much into how they do things

it's not to fix a non working board, they'd be looking for any glitches in the display etc when tapped that might indicate a problem, this is by no means a great factory so don't read too much into how they do things
Seems like they didn't have too much fun with each other, must be hard work to sit in one place hole day doing same task all over again.

Reviewing the footage I took while focusing the lens...

I can see at one point the centre of the image is clearly in sharp focus and the edges of the image a little bit out of...

later with further adjustment I can see the centre is slightly out of focus but the edges are in sharp focus...

There does not seem to be a point where all is in focus... remember this is a g1wh lens on a gt680w...

Kind of reminds me of the xaiomi yi as when trying to focus that more sharply due to distance focus, there never was a point where it was all in sharp focus....

Not exactly the best method they use, ours are focused at distance using wall charts like this

fc035a84d90ffdd00fc82b2b4043c3b4.jpg

It's nice to know that at least some focus calibration takes place. Throughout numerous threads for various cameras, people have reported bad focus. For fixed focus, that suggests sloppy (if any calibration) or some other assembly glitch.

It's nice to know that at least some focus calibration takes place. Throughout numerous threads for various cameras, people have reported bad focus. For fixed focus, that suggests sloppy (if any calibration) or some other assembly glitch.

they are always calibrated, a few things can go wrong though

the person doing the focus can get it wrong (you can imagine what staring at those images does to your eyesight after a few hours and how mind numbing it could become)

the method used varies, some methods are more accurate than others

once set the lenses are collected and then glued in position by someone else, a minor bump can put things out

even the type of glue used can alter the result

and lastly, you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig, some lenses are just downright rubbish, there are complete cameras you can buy wholesale that cost less than our lens costs, product like that isn't going to have a great quality lens so no amount of careful focusing is going to get great results

jump to 10:50 in this video and you can see how this factory does it

it's a sloppy factory so not typical but it is how some do it
So that's where THOSE cameras are made! ;):D

one of, those cameras are made in hundreds of factories
"Guinness"-beer have different taste in other licensed worldwide Guinness factories compare to Original straight from Dublin brewery [emoji6]

Back