Lens specifications ?

Lola

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, A119
Their are a few things that don't make sense to me when looking at a specifications sheet on a lens, so I am posting a spec sheet from a Manufacturer with questions that concern me and maybe some others.

@DashCamMan This post need to be deleted, I have no idea what happened ! There are no delete instructions at the bottom of the post (as usual).
Lola

Last edited:
You cant seemingly delete a thread you have started, i just looked at my first post in the pics that make you smile thread, and not even under thread tools are there anything.

Down low in the #1 post all options i have are this.
Edit - Report - Bookmark

But i posting to a thread i have the options Dashmellow mention.

Yeah, I guess I was responding to @Lola's question about removing a "post" but now that you mention it, if it's the first post in a thread you've begun you've now got a thread, especially if there have been responses. At that point you can ask the Administrator to delete the whole thread but you can't do it yourself. You can still remove your later individual posts to your own thread though using the tools at the bottom of each post.

Making me think when i once in a while post a pic in the fun thread why people wouldn't just PM me and say they are offended, and then i can delete or modify my post.
And if need be apologize as i am not too far gone to do that.

I am not here to offend anyone, and it is clear to me that what i find fun or is acceptable by Danish social standards might not be so elsewhere, so instead of bothering the admin people could just PM me though it is probably a bit faster with the report button.

This is a strange way to do things, but the administrator sets the rules and that is that! I was so worried that the picture I had tried to download was infected with some virus or whatever that I left DCT and exited the Internet and completely wiped my hard drive, then reloaded the Operating System (OS) just to be sure any virus/infection/whatever was completely eradicated. It's totally clean now, so no one has to worry about that. I sure didn't want to infect anyone with a computer virus in case that was the problem.

Making me think when i once in a while post a pic in the fun thread why people wouldn't just PM me and say they are offended, and then i can delete or modify my post.
And if need be apologize as i am not too far gone to do that.

I am not here to offend anyone, and it is clear to me that what i find fun or is acceptable by Danish social standards might not be so elsewhere, so instead of bothering the admin people could just PM me though it is probably a bit faster with the report button.

Why post offense material in the first place? And not everything in life is filtered through your Danish nationality much as you have mentioned to us literally thousands of times. Common sense and personal responsibility should be the only arbiter ones needs when you are posting inappropriate material to a consumer gadget forum like DCT where people of different genders and ages from all walks of life gather, not necessarily expecting to encounter the kind of stuff you've posted now and then over the years.

This is a strange way to do things, but the administrator sets the rules and that is that! I was so worried that the picture I had tried to download was infected with some virus or whatever that I left DCT and exited the Internet and completely wiped my hard drive, then reloaded the Operating System (OS) just to be sure any virus/infection/whatever was completely eradicated. It's totally clean now, so no one has to worry about that. I sure didn't want to infect anyone with a computer virus in case that was the problem.

Gosh, @Lola, that seems pretty extreme. Why not scan the image with an anti-malware app before going nuclear? I do know the feeling though. Things have gotten pretty out of hand these days and one can't be too careful.

I always think back to when I first got on the internet back in 1994. In 1994, there was essentially no such thing as computer malware and email spam did not yet exist as we know it today.

Last edited:
Yeah i do strike out some times, and just cuz i find most of these things on other open forums it dont mean it should fly on any forum.'
Where i find most of my posts a similar thread was taken down on the request of google ???? dunno if that have something to do with commercial income off a forum.

But in general most of the things i have deleted in here i personally feel pretty fine about and only a few would have been borderline and if i had been thinking more clearly at the time of posting i should not have posted it.

It is given i will have to be careful if i get to meat many of my internet friends, cuz many of the english words i use some people will not like at least to have their kids exposed to.
And that's totally okay, but then i must warn the same people about walking past a Danish kindergarten in the summer time when the kids are outside playing, cuz the most profane Danish and english words Danish kids start to use in a pretty young age.

And i am not saying the Danish 100% freedom of speech are better, then the American system that at least seem to be trying to fight things with beeps and blur if the image.
I do like it is up to people them self if they want to come off as a foulmouthed D bag on TV, but then again this option just prompt some people to go to extremes.

On a good note the large Danish energy company that used to be called DONG ( UK english for male genitalia, and in Danish a abbreviation for Danish Oil and Natural Gas ) thy are now named Ørsted / Orsted probably in honor of this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Christian_Ørsted

So no more silly jokes from British people about a company named after "that thing" or Vietnamese currency.

Yeah i do strike out some times, and just cuz i find most of these things on other forums it dont mean it should fly on any forum.'
Where i find most of my posts a similar thread was taken down on the request of google ???? dunno if that have something to do with commercial income off a forum.

But in general most of the things i have deleted in here i personally feel pretty fine about and only a few would have been borderline and if i had been thinking more clearly at the time of posting i should not have posted it.

It is given i will have to be careful if i get to meat many of my internet friends, cuz many of the english words i use some people will not like at least to have their kids exposed to.
And that's totally okay, but then i must warn the same people about walking past a Danish kindergarten in the summer time when the kids are outside playing, cuz the most profane Danish and english words Danish kids start to use in a pretty young age.

And i am not saying the Danish 100% freedom of speech are better, then the American system that at least seem to be trying to fight things with beeps and blur if the image.
I do like it is up to people them self if they want to come off as a foulmouthed D bag on TV, but then again this option just prompt some people to go to extremes.

On a good note the large Danish energy company that used to be called DONG ( UK english for male genitalia, and in Danish a abbreviation for Danish Oil and Natural Gas ) thy are now named Ørsted / Orsted probably in honor of this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Christian_Ørsted

So no more silly jokes from British people about a company named after "that thing" or Vietnamese currency.

You seem to always imply that the Danish people have a prosperity for tastelessness which I just don't buy. Tastelessness is a personal trait, not a national one.

No that's not it, just look at Danish design from 50ties and on furniture design and so on to current day architecture and design, clearly there are many here with refined taste in a lot of things in their life, and off course not all have the same prolific use of some English profanities like the F word or their Danish counterparts.
But as there are not really any official filter on kids ears here they do get exposed to a lot, i am pretty sure most people would not mind their 10 year old kid also watching The wolf of wall street that have a "F" count of 569 in 180 minutes.
And while some off course do take parenting serious, the vast majority to me seem to leave that to teachers and a I pad.

And i will agree that if everything are F this and F that all the time it do get silly / stupid, just like most things when they become " too much of a good thing"
And its not like i go F every time i open my mouth, but i might improve if i was able to use OMG or something instead, but as it is now when i watch a Russian crash compilation and one of the more violent or elaborate crashes happen i go F me where i could just as well have used OMG.
And as me muting most of my dashcam recordings prove, me exposed to sudden displays of bad driving and subsequent anger do trigger the F and other words faster than my brain can implement any form of filtering.

We do have a system for marking films not suited for so and so age, but it dont seem to be something most people are bothered about.
We also have a law that say you cant sell cigarettes to people under 18, but a recent survey proved that in 60% of places it was no problem for kids to buy cigarettes, and its strange cuz its a law that can give stores fines, but at the same time its a law that are less upheld than laws we also have for tanning saloons and tattoo artists that both get inspected more often than supermarkets or kiosks selling cigarettes.

And i think that attest somewhat to the Danes shallow approach to some things.

Last edited:
Gosh, @Lola, that seems pretty extreme. Why not scan the image with an anti-malware app before going nuclear? I do know the feeling though. Things have gotten pretty out of hand these days and one can't be too careful.

I always think back to when I first got on the internet back in 1994. In 1994, there was essentially no such thing as computer malware and email spam did not yet exist as we know it today.

I could have done several things , but only one thing alleviates my internal worries, I'e seen systems corrupted ways it's hard to imagine the minds hat constructed such evil things they can do! Regardless of what you have heard there is only one way to absolutely be sure you have stopped whatever has caused you grief in dealing with hackers! reformat the entire HD and reload from a known source such as an original disk used for no other purpose, I keep one just for these times when i want to know I'm sure!!
You're right about how it used to be, but that was then and this is now!

I could have done several things , but only one thing alleviates my internal worries, I'e seen systems corrupted ways it's hard to imagine the minds hat constructed such evil things they can do! Regardless of what you have heard there is only one way to absolutely be sure you have stopped whatever has caused you grief in dealing with hackers! reformat the entire HD and reload from a known source such as an original disk used for no other purpose, I keep one just for these times when i want to know I'm sure!!
You're right about how it used to be, but that was then and this is now!

You've mentioned that you're a Linux user. Does that make any difference with malware vulnerability or how you need to protect yourself over Windows?

No that's not it, just look at Danish design from 50ties and on furniture design and so on to current day architecture and design, clearly there are many here with refined taste in a lot of things in their life, and off course not all have the same prolific use of some English profanities like the F word or their Danish counterparts.
But as there are not really any official filter on kids ears here they do get exposed to a lot, i am pretty sure most people would not mind their 10 year old kid also watching The wolf of wall street that have a "F" count of 569 in 180 minutes.
And while some off course do take parenting serious, the vast majority to me seem to leave that to teachers and a I pad.

And i will agree that if everything are F this and F that all the time it do get silly / stupid, just like most things when they become " too much of a good thing"
And its not like i go F every time i open my mouth, but i might improve if i was able to use OMG or something instead, but as it is now when i watch a Russian crash compilation and one of the more violent or elaborate crashes happen i go F me where i could just as well have used OMG.
And as me muting most of my dashcam recordings prove, me exposed to sudden displays of bad driving and subsequent anger do trigger the F and other words faster than my brain can implement any form of filtering.

We do have a system for marking films not suited for so and so age, but it dont seem to be something most people are bothered about.
We also have a law that say you cant sell cigarettes to people under 18, but a recent survey proved that in 60% of places it was no problem for kids to buy cigarettes, and its strange cuz its a law that can give stores fines, but at the same time its a law that are less upheld than laws we also have for tanning saloons and tattoo artists that both get inspected more often than supermarkets or kiosks selling cigarettes.

The things you jus described or exactly the same in this country if most parents could hear their little Homer and Ethel at school are with their friends they would probably beat them to a pulp! Instead they blame the school, teachers, society, whoever, but never say a damn thing about their raising of the children.

What does ANY of this have to do with you personally posting lots of tasteless, crude stuff on the forum over the years, especially in the "Pics" forum that have had to be deleted by @DashCanMan with slaps on the wrist?

And please forgive me for this but, why, oh why, oh why does EVERYTHING you ever talk about always have to involve your Danish nationality? After literally thousands of posts it's getting weird at this point. There are other lenses to look at life through.

We are each personally responsible for what we post online and it is irrelevant what country we live in.

Many of us have posted some questionable stuff here on DCT including me but it's important to have some boundaries and consider that this is an international specialized interest forum with a wide range of different people with many different sensibilities visiting on any given day.

You've mentioned that you're a Linux user. Does that make any difference with malware vulnerability or how you need to protect yourself over Windows?
Yes it does make a difference in today's world a big difference! However the people that do this kind of BS are looking for the largest audience they can get, so the generally go for Windows, however Linux and it's many versions are growing very fast these days so it will probably become worse, even though it is harder for the hackers then Windows.
Microsoft is now working on a version of Linux for themselves, because Windows days are numbered and they know it! I've had people sit down at my computer and after messing around, asked me to help them load up a version of Linux for them. None of them ever asked to return to Windows!
I would be scared to death to run windows 7 or 8 like many of you guys are doing, Microsoft wants that to stop, so they might even be helping the hackers, who knows. I do not trust them at all!

I know windows 7 and 8 are used by many because of established good editing programs, however their are lots of work being done on Linux version and new editors that will eventually surpass windows versions. Windows will eventually be dead, unless they call a Linux version, Windows, but the public is no longer stupid about Windows and Linux, things will be changing!

I could have done several things....!

AFAIK you can edit the content of any post even if the deletion of a thread isn't directly user-accessible. That will rid the post of anything nasty ;) I'm not certain why but most forums I frequent are like this so there is a good reason I'm sure- I just don't know what it is! :whistle:

Onto the "offensive" topic, I first try to not offend by keeping in mind that I am speaking to the entire world, not just my little redneck part of it. You can get the concept of your thoughts across adequately without being crude if you try. And both the one speaking and the listener should keep in mind those things discovered offensive may not have been intended to be that way :rolleyes: So best to nicely explain what was found offensive then see if the speaker will learn before simply slapping them down wuth the 'report' button. And best to try to not be offensive, especially with those things which have already been pointed out to you :cool:

In private conversation among friends I cuss more than anyone you've ever met :p It is a reflection of exactly what I'm thinking and uncensored because I'm being totally honest and straightforward :ROFLMAO: But you won't find me doing that elsewhere because then it becomes socially unacceptable to most people :(

Just remember where you are and who the audience is then try to work with them because if nothing else they outnumber you and you can't win against them anyway!

Phil

AFAIK you can edit the content of any post even if the deletion of a thread isn't directly user-accessible. That will rid the post of anything nasty ;) I'm not certain why but most forums I frequent are like this so there is a good reason I'm sure- I just don't know what it is! :whistle:

Onto the "offensive" topic, I first try to not offend by keeping in mind that I am speaking to the entire world, not just my little redneck part of it. You can get the concept of your thoughts across adequately without being crude if you try. And both the one speaking and the listener should keep in mind those things discovered offensive may not have been intended to be that way :rolleyes: So best to nicely explain what was found offensive then see if the speaker will learn before simply slapping them down wuth the 'report' button. And best to try to not be offensive, especially with those things which have already been pointed out to you :cool:

In private conversation among friends I cuss more than anyone you've ever met :p It is a reflection of exactly what I'm thinking and uncensored because I'm being totally honest and straightforward :ROFLMAO: But you won't find me doing that elsewhere because then it becomes socially unacceptable to most people :(

Just remember where you are and who the audience is then try to work with them because if nothing else they outnumber you and you can't win against them anyway!

Phil
Hi Phil, you seem to be saying I did something wrong in that particular post, but I have no idea what you think I said wrong. If it's something you don't want to openly say on the forum just send me a message. My sour behavior was aimed at hackers, and I can't see where that is something I should apologize for, I didn't say any bad words so I am at a loss in your comment to me!

@Lola
No, the second part wasn't aimed at you at all ;) It was more responding to other comments which were made after your post by other members. That's why it went into another paragraph. My apologies for not being more clear about that :rolleyes:

Phul

Phil
Words to live by, and well said.

Back