Life expectancy of a G1W from 2013..?

The problem here is that the mains voltage is always 10 to 15V higher than it should be, so even if the components are designed to suit 240V, most of the time they're working on the limit or over it.
After a while I started advising those people who bought the DTT receivers whose power supplies broke down after a few months, to keep them unplugged when not in use and it partially solved the problem (some of them still broke down eventually, but because of something not related to the power supply, if you know what I mean). ;)

I'm more than happy with my mobius (see my sig). It records all day long & gets far more punishment on my bus' screen than it would ever get in a car.
I doubt a manufacturer could duplicate that in testing prior to release.

Edit. I believe the longevity of my mobius is due, in part, to the weight of the unit & close mounting solution.
I tend to use the cycle helmet mount, omitting the backplate, there is the mobius cradle, tripod screw, adjustment arm & the plate this arm is fixed to. The plate is solidly mounted to my screen.
The helmet mount is therefore two very short pieces of plastic. The whole thing only has to support a couple of grammes of camera.
Looking around at reviews, many cams fail at the first hurdle - dodgy mounts. Rubber suckers drop off screens at the worst moments or the camera 'jiggles' because the cam slides into a mount & has to make a contact for the power supply or sometimes, these mounts are just stupidly long! A long neck on a mount will amplify any vibrations or bumps/potholes - that cannot be good for the electronics?

Last edited:
Back