List your Lukas 9500/9700 firmware bug(s)here:

@ google They may well be looking into the issue give it a day or two Well the LK9750 arrived friday around midday the english manual and the viewer were on the sd card and downloaded no problems....The firmware is 5.3.5 Installed in the car saturday just one problem as before the playback in the viewer is jerky, not so pronounced as before but still there....Lukas will have an email and video sample first thing monday morning.......Apart from that little hiccup everything else went fine ........Ipol ps I think it may be the cat is scaring them:D

Hey IPol,

Glad you got your new 9750.

Yeah, I am not going any where The intermittent GPS issue is not a big deal, as long as I know it's software not hardware issue. Right now, I am not sure. You might want to keep an eye on yours. You can do that by setting up your screensaver mode.

I dont usually use the viewer for playback, rather I use Windows Media Player. Were you able to recreate the issue using another media player? The only time I came across this issue was when I accidentally inserted as Class 4 SD card. Can I borrow your cat, btw? lol

@ Google yes windows media player registrator viewer VLC player all give the same fault unfortunately...............Ipol

@Ipol, I imagine you tried to play the dashcam video on another computer and you're using the OEM Lukas SD card? How does the video look when you're playing it on the dashcam?

@ Google the playback in the dashcam is exactly the same...... jumpy.......I tried again in windows media player its a lot better hardly noticeable there are other issues the registration number wont show in the video no matter how much I repeat the command and save I dont think its anything that a firmware update cant fix..... Its getting the update right to fix all the little niggly bugs ....... :confused:..........I am using the lukas SD card sent with the camera every thing came on it english manual/viewer/firmware Lukas put it on the card as the cam is not yet released here......Ipol.......have used it on the tablet with various players PROTON etc it jumps and stick on that as well....

Damn Ipol, I think there's some issues with the Lukas products.

I got a reply back today, they say the firmware should have no affect on the GPS. However, there is often poor GPS signal despite having a clear view of the sky. Lukas suggested to move the camera around, but that's not possible. It's also hardwired. This GPS issue is something new, it seems. I don't think there would be interference from the in-car factory OEM GPS/nav unit. I do recall one of the install techs saying you should have the L shaped connector to a particular side to avoid any GPS issues but I don't recall changing the position and it's also rather tight install as well. I wouldnt know which side is correct any where. You'd think the cable would be shielded, regardless.

I'm afraid Lukas products are becoming to be a PIA and plagued with issues. On the good side, if you can get a hold of support, they do seem like a friendly bunch. However, like anything. If it's garbage in, it's garbage out.

@ Google yes there appears to be some issues with various models at the moment. Hopefully Lukas are listening and are doing their utmost to address these issues, sometimes solving problems takes a little time.....I am glad they replied to you. There are various forum members who are Lukas dashcam owners that have varying issues I have mentioned the Dashcamtalk forum to Lukas so perhaps they will monitor the site and take the issues that have been raised on board.....Personally for me they have listened and have given support and yes they are very friendly. It is not in Lukas's interest to have adverse publicity and disgruntled customers where the U S A/ European/ Western markets are concerned I am sure they are doing their best to rectify the problems.......Ipol apart from the niggles the LK9750 works fine I tried uploading some video samples but have recently upgraded to windows 8.1 and the ONE DRIVE wont let me upload to the forum Microsoft your a pain in the butt you screwed up SKYPE and now your screwing up other things when will you learn if it aint broke dont fix it

Last edited:
@Ipol, I am not convinced Lukas is "listening". I think they are "hearing" what I am saying but are quickly dismissing it as being an issue caused by something else. They're trying to blame the intermittent GPS problem as interference caused by other sources. Well, I don't think so. We have a brand new vehicle with no other add ons that didn't come factory installed standard. If Lukas cheaped out on the lack of shielding or whatever, that's their problem, but it seems they're making it to be mine. The 9xxxx series cams are not inexpensive, in fact, they're rather pricey. One should expect more.

Lukas came back today and said that since I tried everything, to send the unit back to my distributor for a replacement. No doubt this will add to the frustration eg. re-test and troubleshoot all over again. However, that being said, I am not entirely convinced it's necessarily a hardware issue with the device. Just today, driving to work. It took over 6 minutes to get a GPS lock with a clear view of the sky. When we got the device, that was not the case. Driving back home, we went the same route with the same road and weather conditions and we had no issues. Even as we left work, the GPS fix was relatively quick. The only difference is that I drove the car during lunch hour. If something such tinted glass or the in-car navigation system was causing interference, it would do so all the time not randomly.

If I had the original firmware that came with the 9500 and the Lukas Viewer, I would install it to see if the problem re-occurs. If so, then we know it's not the firmware.

They're trying to blame the intermittent GPS problem as interference caused by other sources. Well, I don't think so. We have a brand new vehicle with no other add ons that didn't come factory installed standard.

if it were a new vehicle with an athermic windscreen you'd have trouble getting signal

if it were a new vehicle with an athermic windscreen you'd have trouble getting signal
I have no idea what that is.....in any event, it's the distributer, seller and installer that should be warning the customer if their vehicle is not compatible. besides, the distributor is now selling Lukas cams to several new car dealerships in town including Ford and Kia. it's probably too early right now to tell. it took about 3 months for the issue to develop in our car.

just an update. i have been monitoring the issue more carefully and there is definitely a satellite lock (acquisition) issue when the device has been turned off for more than a few hours. I am noticing it's taking longer each day to get a signal lock. i am not familiar enough with GPS hardware and it's mechanics to know if this is attributed to a software or hardware issue.

link in my signature that gives a brief explanation of the various modes of a GPS, cold, warm and hot

I know data can get corrupted. Is there a way to flush the GPS almanac? Is there a diagnostic menu one can access as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
My touch screen doesnt work, not happy

My touch screen partially failed the other day too. I wanted to view a recording and nothing happened. I also noticed a video that I was looking for, actually over 40 minutes worth was not recorded. I turned the device on and off and then it started recording. The dashcam was on.

I am not impressed with Lukas. I have no faith in their products. I am confident to say this will be the last Lukas product I buy. Maybe it's the new Asian philosophy these days? Take a look at the lack of support of China's One Plus One.

From now on, I'll buy local US brand name dashcams. When you pay $400+ for a product that's not cheap, I expect more. I've had enough of this insanity.

Ye i won't recommend Lukas to anyone, rubbish in my books, as above, for a product that costs a lot, you expect quality, I even had to go through a paypal dispute to get my money back, and I won, might get a blackvue instead

I bet that's why Lukas doesn't like dealing with North American or English customers...we have a lot more protection than those in Asia. Heck, I was told that you don't have automatic purchase and fraud protection on credit cards in Asia like we do here.

Ended up buying a Blackvue DR750LW, awesome dashcam, now that 1 i will recommend

I am sure the Blackvue is awesome. However, bear in mind it's still early. I thought the Lukas 9500 was an awesome dashcam at first ;)

Back