List your Lukas 9500/9700 firmware bug(s)here:

Ended up buying a Blackvue DR750LW, awesome dashcam, now that 1 i will recommend

Boy the market place hasn't been kind to that box so you should have done some background checks before sending a great dash cam like Ludas back.
Blacksue's has lots of problems and a couple are and I quote" Did not record sound.
Deplorable night time recording in low light (Cheapo camera did 5 times better at night)
Recording light on the front of the camera blinks and I was not able to turn in off, even after turning off all lights via the software" end quote.

Good luck with that box

That's too bad....looks like dashcam quality et al is still in it's infancy. I suppose we're all early adopters. However, I can see how people get upset when they hear about a lowered end model dashcam that performs better than their higher priced, supposed high-end cam.

Latest update on lukas 9700 problems as you are aware I have been having problems with the LK9700 duo D type LK9700 Duo B type The latest dashcam is on its way back to Korea. Lukas and the Lukas Store have been very supportive throughout and are recompensing me with the LK9750 full hd front and rear and are footing the postage. Also as the dashcam has not yet been released for the european market they are formatting the SD card with the English details.Now thats what I call looking after your customer, nice one lukas I will look forward to using and reviewing the LK9750 and will post my findings once the camera arrives and is installed......One happy bunny....:) Ipol

Let me know how you got on with your new lukas9750. I joined this site because myself and my partner brought one each a couple of weeks ago and straight away from having it hard wired in the car we get a recording error 3 message. Now I am new to dashcams and this site but joined to learn more.
I've formatted cards and done an update but notice it's not the latest firmware as described above.
Cracking camera otherwise picture quality amazing!

Neil, I believe you got a lemon.I could be wrong, but I think that model is now discontinued. Ipol's post was from more than a year ago. If I were you, I'd return the camera. As far as service goes from Lukas goes and judging solely from my experience and reading the reviews elsewhere, Ipol was treated differently than the "average" consumer. Perhaps he had a pre-existing relationship with Lukas. In my books, their CS is....well, you know. :confused: I won't be buying Lukas again.

Neil, I believe you got a lemon.I could be wrong, but I think that model is now discontinued. Ipol's post was from more than a year ago. If I were you, I'd return the camera. As far as service goes from Lukas goes and judging solely from my experience and reading the reviews elsewhere, Ipol was treated differently than the "average" consumer. Perhaps he had a pre-existing relationship with Lukas. In my books, their CS is....well, you know. :confused: I won't be buying Lukas again.
Google it is clear you are wrong.

The LK-9750 is not discontinued.

I help every customer I can with any thing Lukas. If there are any other concerns, I would be happy to address them.

Last edited:
Let me know how you got on with your new lukas9750. I joined this site because myself and my partner brought one each a couple of weeks ago and straight away from having it hard wired in the car we get a recording error 3 message. Now I am new to dashcams and this site but joined to learn more.
I've formatted cards and done an update but notice it's not the latest firmware as described above.
Don't worry, we will resolve this.

Can you contact support@lukasdirect.com?

Unfortunately the LK9750 DUO is also faulty the GPS is not working properly The image and video are great but it does not show my speed and the mileage record is hit and miss it shows 3 times more than the distance I actually travelled I tried contacting Lukas several times but had no reply in the finish I gave up Other events clouded the situation my wife was suffering from a long term illness and passed away last year....I had hoped the firmware update would solve the issues but too no avail .......all 4 cameras cam direct from the Luas store in Korea and all had faults ...........Ipol

Unfortunately the LK9750 DUO is also faulty the GPS is not working properly The image and video are great but it does not show my speed and the mileage record is hit and miss it shows 3 times more than the distance I actually travelled I tried contacting Lukas several times but had no reply in the finish I gave up Other events clouded the situation my wife was suffering from a long term illness and passed away last year....I had hoped the firmware update would solve the issues but too no avail .......all 4 cameras cam direct from the Luas store in Korea and all had faults ...........Ipol

This is exactly why we were awarded the contract for the Lukas Store.
We are now handling all english Lukas support questions.
I am doing my best to get the word out, that if any Lukas customer needs assistance. Contact support@lukasdirect.com or call us toll free 1 (855) 279-0092

Without proper support, I can see how you would get 4 camera that didn't work properly.
With proper support from my point of view, the LK-9750 has been a reliable workhorse of the Lukas lineup.
We have law enforcement in Edmonton using these in their photo radar units.
11885372_867481770009502_3948055263251419040_n.jpg Originally they were using the LK-9700, however the early batches of the LK-9700 did suffer long term reliability issues. Edmonton has since upgraded their fleet to the LK-9750 because it has greater reliability.

I had an LK7900ace for several years its still going strong in my daughters car which is why I opted for Lukas again and was surprised at the fail rate I was experiencing I always had prompt responses to Emails from Lukas but when I emailed to say the 9750 was also faulty I received no reply to subsequent emails I seem to remember that Lukas plan on having several lukasdirect stores in the future. Hopefully one will be in france and I can then deal with them directly .....One question can just the GPS unit be replaced or does the whole camera need replacing If its just the GPS unit it would make life a lot easier.......I like the Lukas dash cam and have not given up on them yet.......Just waiting on the next generation to appear and hoping that their quality control has improved I was beginning to think their product control operative worked for a rival company and was sabotaging their dash cams ................Ipol.................ps I am UK born but have lived in france for 26 years now...........Many thanks Robert for your concern and help

@Google yes my relationship with Lukas was more or less on first name terms that started after the South Korean ferry disaster I expressed my sadness and grief for the victims and hoped that no one from the Lukas factory or their families were amongst the victims ......... Also my wife helped with the french language translations in the Lukas dash cams .........that's about it.......Ipol

I had an LK7900ace for several years its still going strong in my daughters car which is why I opted for Lukas again and was surprised at the fail rate I was experiencing I always had prompt responses to Emails from Lukas but when I emailed to say the 9750 was also faulty I received no reply to subsequent emails I seem to remember that Lukas plan on having several lukasdirect stores in the future. Hopefully one will be in france and I can then deal with them directly .....One question can just the GPS unit be replaced or does the whole camera need replacing If its just the GPS unit it would make life a lot easier.......I like the Lukas dash cam and have not given up on them yet.......Just waiting on the next generation to appear and hoping that their quality control has improved I was beginning to think their product control operative worked for a rival company and was sabotaging their dash cams ................Ipol.................ps I am UK born but have lived in france for 26 years now...........Many thanks Robert for your concern and help

Most likely you will only need to swap out the GPS. However there is always a chance that the camera is the problem.
Like I have said above, we can help you out with this. Regardless of where you are located. Right now our support is only english, but we will have more languages as time goes on.
To assist further, could you send me the date of purchase, and the serial number of the camera.

Yes and No. We are always looking for new Lukas is always looking for new distributors in territories without current ones.
The current plan is for Lukas Direct to expand beyond the USA over the next year, to have more international warehouses and localized support. This will be all under Lukas Direct brand though.

Last edited:
@robert I will go through my email folders and dig out the dates it will be tomorrow now though have to walk the dog this evening and its coming up 21.00hrs the first of the four cameras was the 9700 with OBD the car did not recognise the connection and was faulty the second was without OBD2 followed by another one Then Lukas sent me lk9750 at no cost and paid the postage as compensation for the trouble I was experiencing and expense I had returning the said dashcams .........Ipol

@robert I will go through my email folders and dig out the dates it will be tomorrow now though have to walk the dog this evening and its coming up 21.00hrs the first of the four cameras was the 9700 with OBD the car did not recognise the connection and was faulty the second was without OBD2 followed by another one Then Lukas sent me lk9750 at no cost and paid the postage as compensation for the trouble I was experiencing and expense I had returning the said dashcams .........Ipol
No rush! I know its late there lol.
OBD2 is always tricky due to limited supported vehicles..

@Google yes my relationship with Lukas was more or less on first name terms that started after the South Korean ferry disaster I expressed my sadness and grief for the victims and hoped that no one from the Lukas factory or their families were amongst the victims ......... Also my wife helped with the french language translations in the Lukas dash cams .........that's about it.......Ipol
This is very interesting, I had no idea you were this involved!
I would be happy to talk more if you wanted to get more involved again.

Please see this new thread for steps to fix this error.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/lukas-lk-9750-error-3.17325/

@ Robert CDC well as far as I can ascertain it was early in 2014 first six months or so that I received the lk9750 I cant pinpoint the exact date but it was sometime in that year sorry to be so vague .... I have sent you a PM a couple of days ago as well .........Ipol.......PS the year might well have been early 2015 I have quite a lot of emails from Lukas its hard to keep track I will wade through the emails and try to narrow it down

Last edited:
Well I have narrowed the arrival of the lk9750 as being the end of January /first few days of February 2015. ...Ipol

head up there is a firmware update for the lk9370 non OBD version the update is version 5.7.3 ................. Ipol

Back