LK-7900 Ace Do Not Record AnyMore Since Upgrade Firmware AC31

mansoornyc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear Guyz , Since I Upgrade the Firmware to AC31 Plus install the latest Lukas Ace View in computer, now the LK 7900 doesn't record anything. When I turn the camera, it just says, Welcome to Lukas Box, Drive Safely. now doesn't say recording started.
In my previous firmware version it always said recording started, Now no more says and doesn't record anything in the SD card.
Anyone can tell me what am I missing in config?
Thanks

Capture Lukas.JPG

Have you formatted the SD Card with the lukas viewer that goes with AC31 ?

What do the Little display on the back say ? do it display AC31 when booting.

After the firmware load, did you format the SD card and then save the config? You might have an old (AC28) or deleted config file.

You Guyz are completely Right. The config file was missing. Now Formatted couple of time, Now Perfect:)

Dear Guyz one more question, I wanted to record non-stop at least 5 to 10 minutes each clip. Iam cab driver in New York City, so I wanted to record 8 hours nonstop on my driving shift for my safety. Is there some how I extended the recording timing on each clip?

You dont have to worry about the clip lengths, the clips are 3 min long but are seamless, or rather there is a 1 second overlap so you dont miss a milisecond of what happen inside or in front of your mobile workplace.

When the Sd Card get close to full the camera will start to delete the oldest files on the SD Card to make room for new footage, BUT ! the camera can not delete event recordings triggered by either the G-sensor or if you manuell press the "panic" button on the camera.
I recomend using a 64 Gb SD Card SDXC it should be able to hold one of your workdays without overwriting old files, and they are good value for mony where as 128 Gb Cards are too expensive in my eyes.

Default the G-sensor is pretty sensetive and even in LOW setting you will get a event recording every time you run over a NYC pothole or manhole cover, but since you intend to record ALLWAYS like i allso do the event recordings can be disabled in the settings. ( untag enable G-sensor in the basic part of the settings )

The "panic" event button will allways Work, if i recall right the lukas store 10 second before you press the button and 50 seconds after, so you will get a 1 minute event recording that you can only delete when the sd Card is plugged into a Card reader / your computer.
I dont use the event recordings myself, i just make a mental note of the time where somthing worth saving occurred.

You dont have to worry about loosing your normal recordings not even is a biker fly thru your window and take the camera out / off power source, the build in capasitors act like batteries and will provide power for the camera to end the current recording in a proper way so the last video file isent corrupted / ruined.
In that case the last file might not be 3 minutes long, but it will hold the proof of the dumbass driving out in front you and his less than gracefull flight thru your windscreen.

I only use the lukas viewer for changing settings in the camera, for daily viewing and file deleting i just use what my Windows 7 computer provide of software and ways to delete files.

PS. when i updated to FC31 ( in the case of my LK-7500 camera ) the Little display on the back dident Work after the first try of new firmware install, but it did still Work and record, but i had to go thru FW install once more to get the Little display on the back to come to life and display FW# during boot up and welcome / goodbye messages.

Last edited:
Dear @kamkar1 Thanks a lot for your time:)
Today before I go to work I changed the setting to disabled G sensor, so I hope the Lk7900 will record always clips.
I just attach the image of my today driving setting. I am wondering what's the difference between Event and Always?

What happened if I disable also The auto switch driving mode and the auto switch the parking mode?

Because I am looking for all the recording clips stays in one folder by timing.
Thanks
Capture lukas 2.JPG

Those 2 you can allso disable without problems, the camera is set to allways + event, and since you have disabled the G-sensor it will not trigger a recording.
And if you disable auto-switch to parking mode, it will not make any motion detect event recordings either. ( the lukas cams allso support motion detect via the CMOS sensor )
Thats smart to use if you park in a garage or roofed parking area, as it will record as soon as there is motion in front of camera. ( providing the camera is permanent wiered to power )
Here is a good example of a event recording on a permanent wiered dashcam.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...oiler-fogs-caught-on-dashcam.4709/#post-60194

BUT its more or less useless if you park on the streets as rain Falling on the window will trigger motion recordings, and rain / snow /dew will cover the window so in any case there is nothing but a blur to record on those days.
A camera like a dashcam use about 5 watts, so it will not drain a car battery over night, if you drive a couple of houres every day there will be no problem keeping the car battery at 100% charge ( just in case you would like to play with permant recording 24/7/365 later on )

I have allso disabled the security LED as it just attract attention, and i do not need to make some guy with a short fuse mad. ( especially in NYC ;) )

I would keep the high temperature safty on, as i recall NYC can heat up quite good in the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom