Long Term Users

Andy Moore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's your setup and is it working well enough for you ?

I'll start you off:-

DR650GW-2CH, Cellink -B (early version with home made on/off), movement detection ON in Parking Mode at lowest setting, unit turned off each night. 30 min trip to work, just about keeps battery (Cellink-B)alive to give me protection all day with car battery as backup

Standard setup with PMP set for 12hrs and 12v. Works fine for me.

Not exactly a long term user yet though having only had it a few months.

I have PMP set up at 6hrs / 12v, but am finding myself never turning it on (unless I am at a mall or some public parking lot). It seems like a waste of battery power when it's often parked in secure parking spots or my garage.
Do most PMP users keep theirs on all the time?

Mine:

DR650GW-2CH, Cellink B on default sensitivity settings, except recording quality set to highest.
Card used: Transcend Premium 300x 64GB

Installed since March 2015, and I have been using the same setup since. Daily 2 hours drive to work, 1 hour drive back home. Blackvue pretty much continuous recording for 24 x 7. Never disconnect my Blackvue other than sending my car for servicing (mandatory to disable car cam).

Why is it mandatory to disable the camera during servicing ?

Some company policy... They do not allow video recordings inside the workshop.

My Blackvue was recording when I had my car serviced, and saw a worker right next to my car light up a cigarette and smoke. I wonder if that is allowed in the shop...

Running 11.8V/Infinity (multi safer) on my DR650GW-2CH, using Samsung 128GB card.
I get a solid 11 hours of recording time and car starts up fine every morning, been using 11.8 for almost 2 years now (used to have CR500HD)

I caught the staff at the dealership saying some racist things about another driver on the road and revving my car in the lot (3" catless turboback exhaust go figure, I would've probably done the same)
I didn't bother bringing it up

Back