Looking at replacing my Mobius with the Mini 0906

File properties shows 1280×720
So it's 720P

Noticed mine did that, but the 720p files were the parking guard files, then it auto changed to 1080p when it was recording actual motion in front of it or driving.

The video properties I checked was driving videos but good point.

The video properties I checked was driving videos but good point.

might have to connect the cig power lead while you set that, if you're connected via the hardwire kit it might not be letting you into the settings used while driving

Seems odd but I think I understand your point.
I'll try that tomorrow...

Unplugged the hard wire kit and plugged in the power to the cig lighter. The screen showed 1080P.
Went back to hard wire kit and the screen went back to 720P

Update: Turning off parking mode in settings returns 1080P to the display screen.
Will check the files tonight to make sure it's recording in 1080P

Last edited:
Unplugged the hard wire kit and plugged in the power to the cig lighter. The screen showed 1080P.
Went back to hard wire kit and the screen went back to 720P

Update: Turning off parking mode in settings returns 1080P to the display screen.
Will check the files tonight to make sure it's recording in 1080P

make sure you have the power and accessories connected correctly also, don't want it in parking mode when driving for obvious reasons

Power & Accessories are correct. According to the instructions when the vehicle is started the parking guard kit will send a signal to the camera and switch to normal recording mode. If you don't want to use the parking mode then turn it off. So the way I read this is the parking mode needs to be turned on and the parking kit will handle both parking videos & driving videos. Having to manually turn it on & off makes no sense to me or am I missing something.

I'll check mine is tecording 1080p when driving tomorrow. I generally have parking mode off as I park in private garages most of the time. I have added a dpdt mini toggle switch under the dash to switch between parking mode (red to power and yellow to acc) and non parking mode (red to acc and yellow disconnected) as it is a bit of a faff to get into camera set up and turn it off/On in menu especially from the drivers seat.

It seems that when Parking Guard is switched on Video resolution changes to 720p/720p. I will ask Rayman Chan to comment.

I just worked out what is going on! With hardwire kit connected for Parking Guard i.e. Red to Battery and Yellow to ACC all is fine camera records 180p while running and 720p in parking mode. I have a mini toggle switch between hardwire kit and car to switch this over to Red to Acc and Yellow disconnected so that camera shuts off when car is switched off well about 3 minutes later when ACC circuit powers down. I will try Red and Yeelow to Acc and see if that works. In case you are wondering I have the toggle switch as a quick means of switching Parking guard off/on as it is tricky to get into camera menu from drivers seat.

So by way of update I have now set my DPDT switch to change over from Red to Battery and Yellow to Acc on one side to Red and Yellow to Acc on otherside. Camera now records in 1080p/1080p in either position and when Parking Guard kicks in it records short 12 sec videos in 720p/720p. In all cases I leave Parking Guard set to ON in Camera menu.

This makes me think Skynet has the connections around the wrong way?

It seems that when Parking Guard is switched on Video resolution changes to 720p/720p. I will ask Rayman Chan to comment.

yes the Parking Guard mode outputs 720P2 and 720P30 video, no matter what resolution you set for normal recording.

So by way of update I have now set my DPDT switch to change over from Red to Battery and Yellow to Acc on one side to Red and Yellow to Acc on otherside. Camera now records in 1080p/1080p in either position and when Parking Guard kicks in it records short 12 sec videos in 720p/720p. In all cases I leave Parking Guard set to ON in Camera menu.

SPEUK did a really great modification!

Is same as we said in other thread "Connect its yellow cable to car battery or 12V always power on socket;Connect red cable to ACC 12V positive ;and Black cable for GND"

Red is battery and yellow is acc on the three kits I have

Pretty sure I wired it correctly according the instructions. Red Power, Yellow Acc, Black Ground. I used a test light to verify power sources when installing it. Parking mode does work, my issue is it's not switching to 1080P when starting & driving. I will double check connections again this weekend.

Yep that should be correct but worth checking sources are continuous and switched or could just be poor connection on yellow. Good luck. I'm delighted with my upgrade from 0806 to 0906. The parking guard works well and the motion detection in parking guard mode works a treat. I don't use motion detection in its own right.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S mini0906 19
M mini0906 25
Back