Looking at replacing my Mobius with the Mini 0906

Yep that should be correct but worth checking sources are continuous and switched or could just be poor connection on yellow.
+1

Pretty sure I wired it correctly according the instructions. Red Power, Yellow Acc, Black Ground. I used a test light to verify power sources when installing it. Parking mode does work, my issue is it's not switching to 1080P when starting & driving. I will double check connections again this weekend.

and also check the video resolution setting.
A setting RESOTRE DEFAULT will recover the resolution quickly.

Pretty sure I wired it correctly according the instructions. Red Power, Yellow Acc, Black Ground. I used a test light to verify power sources when installing it. Parking mode does work, my issue is it's not switching to 1080P when starting & driving. I will double check connections again this weekend.

and also check the video resolution setting.
A setting RESOTRE DEFAULT will recover the resolution quickly.

Is there a video overlap on the files? Is do you know how much it is? Would like to know when stitching files together so I know how much to trim. I don't see any mention of it anywhere...

I don't think so. The dashcam viewers automatically stick the files together.

Is there a video overlap on the files? Is do you know how much it is? Would like to know when stitching files together so I know how much to trim. I don't see any mention of it anywhere...
Yes, there definitely is. I just noticed this myself when I was checking the end of one file and the beginning of the next. Not sure what the amount of time is exactly, but it seemed like it was around 0.20 seconds.

I have installed the October firmware (beta) and still have issues with the hard wire kit.
Double checked yellow wiring and it is connected to Hot Accy/Run (power comes on with ignition key is turned to on).
Motion sensor turned off.
G-Sensor turned on & set to High.
Camera constantly records when parked.
Both driving & parked video's are being recorded in 720p
When turning off G-sensor driving video's are recorded in 1080p as they should be.
Very confusing....

Camera constantly records when parked.
Both driving & parked video's are being recorded in 720p
When turning off G-sensor driving video's are recorded in 1080p as they should be.

if that's the case that would be a firmware bug, @Rayman.Chan will be able to check and confirm, I'm sure they'll sort it if this is the case

Motion sensor turned off.
Camera constantly records when parked. ------- correct
Both driving & parked video's are being recorded in 720p -------- you can set the driving video resolution in menu
When turning off G-sensor driving video's are recorded in 1080p as they should be. --------- you mean if turn of G-sensor, the resolution change to 1080P automatically?

Camera set to 1080p 30fps front & rear.
With parking guard on & G sensor set to high:
Front & rear diving videos recorded as 720p
Recorded when parked 720p with some video's playing like they were in fast forward.

With parking guard & motion turned off camera records 1080p front & back as it should (not shown in this pic).

Mini0906 Front Files 720p.jpg

I had a similar issue with all video recording at 720p no matter what resolution was set. It was caused by me switching power from Red to Batt and yellow to acc to just red to acc. As soon as yellow was always connected to Acc. Camera recording in 1080p for driving and 720p for parking guard.

Might be worth checking connections are secure?

I have already checked all connections with test light, all good.

Hmmm a mystery. Tried pressing reset and restore default settings and then changing settings as required?

Yup, been there done that. Reformatted card also.

Well I have pretty much given up on using the parking mode. May have to look for something else for this feature.
I'm also going to keep running my Mobius next to it just in case.
Maybe a firmware update will sort this all out unless it's just an issue with the hard wire kit that came with mine.
If someone is able to use parking mode with no issues without doing mods I would like to know.

Tested parking guard again today and I am experiencing similar problems although 1080p and 720p switching is fine between driving and parking mode.

What I have got is when camera switches to parking guard mode every other file is in fast motion and file is only 1 or 2 seconds long and typically 0.5mb. Does look like a firmware bug.

when the vehicle is in parking mode and there is no motion&impact, the image capturing is 2fps and playback is 30fps, which means a 30 seconds quiet recording (60 frames) will be 2 seconds playback.
for example, if you parked the vehicle in a prosperous supermarket parking lot, the camera will be triggered all the time then there maybe a lot of short videos.

Ah hence the speeded up video with people walking at very high speed

yes if the walking people is too far away to trigger the motion detection, they will be play as high speed film

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S mini0906 19
M mini0906 25
Back