Looking at the Nextbase 612GW 4K DC as a second unit ..... but it has a truly horrible image quality.

Submariner Gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Vicovation MF3
If I look at my 1440p merged 60 & 30 fps HDR videos; they appear to look ( viewed on an iPadAir ) taken by the Vico MF3 to be 3 x better than all the clips I can find taken by the 4K Nextbase 612GW.

Is this because the ipad air is not 4K, i.e. its pixels match the 1440p of the Vico, but the iPadair has insufficient pixels to display the 4K Nextbase 612GW image?
Or is it because U Tube etc. Slams awful compression on the 4K files?
Or could it be the Vico has a hybrid 60 & 30 fps, and so the “faster frame rate helps stabilise it?
Or possibly some or all of these factors?

I guess I am really asking ... if viewed on a true 4K 3840 x 2160 monitor ... would the 612GW look fantastic?

Yes I do have a proper 4K monitor and a 4K video card, but cant find anywhere I can download the true 4K files?

I guess I am really asking ... if viewed on a true 4K 3840 x 2160 monitor ... would the 612GW look fantastic?

Yes I do have a proper 4K monitor and a 4K video card, but cant find anywhere I can download the true 4K files?

you definitely want to look at raw files on a 4K native monitor, forget YouTube

have a look at posts by @Paul Iddon pretty sure he has posted some raw links here somewhere previously

you definitely want to look at raw files on a 4K native monitor, forget YouTube

have a look at posts by @Paul Iddon pretty sure he has posted some raw links here somewhere previously

Thanks
I rather suspected one would need to download the raw files and then view them on a proper 3840x2160 4K Monitor.
But then I was confused, surely their Marketing Director; would have insisted there was a down load link to the native 4K files ... and an explanation for techno half wits like me. I.e. if you want to see the beautiful video capability you are buying clink here!
Because just viewed on UTube they look horrible quality.

The question is, is 4K in 30fps fast enough to capture high speed motion?
Or should I hang on until they come out.
But due to file sizes will they come out ? In the near-ish future?

the files are huge, about 340mb per minute, whether or not you think they're good enough is a personal choice I guess, maybe better to wait until you check some recordings yourself and see what you think

the files are huge, about 340mb per minute, whether or not you think they're good enough is a personal choice I guess, maybe better to wait until you check some recordings yourself and see what you think
Thanks so just over 3 hours driving befoe an overwrite on my 64Gb Samsung Pro Plus U3 A1 cards.
Thats fine

Thanks @Paul Iddon

Yes please stay away from YouTube when looking at image qualities, as above. Paul has fab images or we can always send if anyone needs.

Back