Nextbase 612GW Thoughts

Alarm man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Next Base / Kenwood
I'm still looking for a good true 4k Dash can.
Whats the general feeling towards the Nextbase 612GW
They state "Our top-of-the-range model is the first of its kind to offer Ultra HD 4k resolution, resulting in the best quality Dash Cam footage that you’ll find anywhere on the market"
How true is this?

NextBase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Hi there,

The 612GW was the top of the range camera in the Series 1 range of Nextbase Dash Cameras. However we have since updated and released Series 2. So far there is not a 4K Camera in Series 2, however the 622GW is being released in February 2020, and that will record in 4K. If you decided that you wanted to add a Rear Camera to the 622GW, the 622GW itself would still record in 4K and the Rear Camera would record in 1080.

I'll let the other users of the 612GW say their part now.

Regards,
Millie

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 612 4k, Nextbase 322 with rear add on, Nextbase 312
I have the 612 4k jobby. It is a brilliant bit of kit and the unit itself looks and feels quality with the brushed aluminium finish. The quality of the video is fantastic especially in the day with the polarising filter on and is next level to the other Dashcams in the series, If you're looking to upgrade to the 612 4k it is well worth it imo and packed with extra features the other 12 series cams don't have. Hope this helps.
Looking forward to the next 622 when it comes out to see what extra features that has, The rear camera attachment is one thing I wish I could add to my 612 tho after having it for my 322.

Below I have attached a clip of some footage from my 612 in 4k.

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo 4K Viofo 119 Pro Viofo 119 V3 NB 522GW & 612GW
An excellent camera, and indeed true 4K.

Here is my review:

@NextBase Support - Millie - keep me in the loop privately on the series 2 if you can please. Ta :)

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Here is some more footage I've uploaded from my 612 4K at night. Very happy with the quality at night even though YouTube only show it in 1080p 60FPS you can still see the quality of video.

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
An excellent camera, and indeed true 4K.

Here is my review:

@NextBase Support - Millie - keep me in the loop privately on the series 2 if you can please. Ta :)
That is a great review fairplay fella.. I remember finding it on Google and reading it when I was looking at buying the 612 earlier this year, very informative.

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo 4K Viofo 119 Pro Viofo 119 V3 NB 522GW & 612GW
Thanks Rick, much appreciated. Hope you subscribed, lol...

OP
Alarm man

Alarm man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Next Base / Kenwood
Thanks for all your replies guys, much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G9700 using Tapatalk

RobMillward

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a 612gw for around 18 months now, well actually I'm on the 4th one now, first one was changed at Halfords within a month due to constantly crashing, which was actually down to an unsuitable sd card. The second did just over 6 months before the battery expired causing it to need resetting nearly every time it was booted, Halfords swapped it again. Another 8 months, so out of warranty & the battery problem has returned, contacted Nextbase support who said send it back, I did, they replaced it as a goodwill gesture. I have absolutely no complaints with Nextbase customer support they're fantastic, I just worry that in another 6 months or so that I'm going to have a 612gw that is unusable which would be a great shame as it's great in every other respect.
I do wonder if this is perhaps one of the reasons for discontinuing this model?

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
I do wonder if this is perhaps one of the reasons for discontinuing this model?
I believe it was discontinued due to the release of the newer style 2 series cams being rolled out.. Looking forward to the new 622 coming out at the start of next year. :)