Looking for a heat resistant dashcam with wifi

Cartouche

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hey everyone :)

Im looking for a dashcam that will function for 2 purposes :

1) 80% of the time i will use it to connect it to an external battery (and if possible due to the heat, so thats "the i need a heat resistant part") put my dashcam on the front window parked in front of the house so i can watch my children play while im inside.
So ofcourse it needs wifi that can live stream (prolly thru an app i suppose) videos to my pc/tablet. My car is in front of the window of my house and the distance is barely 2.5 meters, so i doubt connectivity will be a problem for the wifi.

2) Since i have the dashcam i will also use it as a dashcam on the back of the car while driving.

GPS is not required. Wifi, able to livestream video to pc/tablet and heat resistance is the main thing here thats needed, a wide angle is also a plus so i can see my children more on left and right (ofcourse good quality video is always welcome).

Atm im trying the G55W, the wifi works but that thing gets really, really hot, even gets pretty hot when not in the car but inside on the external battery P. I almost burned myself on the metal of the lens when taking out of the car when i left it there for 15 min (atm its 35 °C outside). The G55W has aa bettery instead of a capacitor so that doesnt help either i suppose. So im goin to return this device but hoping any of you can think of a better alternitive :)

So erm anyone any suggestions ? :)

Thnx :)

hmm, i guess wifi isnt very common/popular ? :D

More and more dashcams get wifi, like so many other things.
But since i dont use it myself i dont really keep up with those dashcams, i prefer to take out the memory card and then use my computer to get the footage i need off it.

I am doubtfull about the range you will get, i think dashcams have a pretty weak transmitter in them, and it is inside a metal box on the outside of a wall/window.
You would be better off putting that camera in the window to keep a eye on your kids, that way you might be able to use the feed off the camera in the back of your house too.
I am using wiered 1080p IP cameras ( 3 ) to keep a eye on stuff in and around my apartment, byt you can allso get those in wifi and some even have a on bord SD card slot to store footage on too.
My cameras are connected to a NVR ( Network Video Recorder ) which store ther footage for some time on a 2Tb harddrive, before its overwritten like dashcams do to create more space.

One of my cameras is in my living room window filming the street 2 floors below, it do suffer from reflections of my blinders in the daytime, that i assume would be less if i was able to film at a 90 deg angle to the window and not allmost along the glass like i am now.

There is some options for wifi cameras on ebay, but i doubt you will be able to steam from a camera inside your car.

The problem here in Belgium is, that it's illegal (disturbs privacy) to film outside yer house with a security camera. As soon as 1 person complains, you get the police in yer house :-( I was thinking people are used to dashcams and wont inspect further if one in a parked car is on or off.

Maybe the flir fx would be good for you.

http://www.flir.com/flirfx/

But i am still not sure the wifi in it can reach out of your car and into your house, but i assume it can be quite stealthy installed in a window in your house.
I am thinking a plastic flower in a pot with a hole drilled in it the camera can film out of, or maybe just a pice of metal with a 90 degree bend on it, and again a hole drilled into it the camera can film thru, that way all ppl can see is a pice of metal with a hole in it.

Might be done cheaper with one of the cheap action cameras with wifi, though i think the norm for those is they can not overwrite old footage to make room for new footage.

I would love to try one of those flir fx cameras, but all i can afford at the moment is pay my bills and buy somthing to eat :(

Back