Looking for a quality low-profile cam that will withstand S. Florida heat

JD2K

Reaction score
Country
United States
My BlackVue DR400-HD II didn't last very long once I moved to south Florida. I loved the profile of this camera, but not the quality or customer support. I'm now in the market for a replacement.

I want:
  • A low profile device that I can hard-wire and that will be barely noticeable from inside or outside the car.
  • A device that not fall apart and\or stop working while powered on for 8 hours in direct sunlight.
  • A camera without an LCD screen.
  • Parking mode is a must; and automatically switching from normal to parking & back again is a very big plus.
  • Very good night time quality is a must.
  • 2 Channel is a big plus.
  • WiFi is a plus but not a requirement.
  • GPS is not a requirement. In fact, if it has GPS, it must have the ability to turn it off.

If Pittasoft has learned from their mistakes I'd consider the DR550GW-2CH. But I'm reluctant with my past experience with the DR400.

I really like the Panorama X2, but the form factor is a deal breaker for me.
The iTronics ITB-100 is attractive, but at that price point I'd rather have 2 channels.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I'm somewhat comfortable modifying a camera such as in this thread, to meet my above needs, but it would have to be on a device that is well proven and reliable in warm climates. So I'm open to suggestions that may involve some DYI tweaks.

Edit 2: After more research I'm not discounting the Panorama X2. I'm not thrilled with it's form factor, but the quality seems to be at the level I'm interested in. The Itronics ITB-500HD looks great, but info on it is sparse.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the Lukas LK7900 ACE?

It has a tall profile. However, because it is so flat, it can be fitted very close to your rearview mirror, making it seem like part of the mirror. All buttons are on the side, so you'll never need access to the back.

Kelvin

I'm looking for a 2 channel. Lukas caught my eye but the LK-5900 Duo only records 30fps combined. The LK-7900 Smart Dual is perfect, except for the $589 price tag. I may hove to end up going with two separate cameras.

Kelvin,
Thanks for your assistance and
the super quick processing of my order.

I strongly suggest anyone looking at this camera look into purchasing one from you.

Kelvin,
Thanks for your assistance and
the super quick processing of my order.

I strongly suggest anyone looking at this camera look into purchasing one from you.

Thank you for the order and hope you enjoy your new dash cams!

Kelvin

Back