Looking for dash cam that will turn off when unplugged from power source

Mdriggan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am wanting to mount a rear dash cam in my vehicle, but am looking for one that will turn off completely when I unplug it from the power source; like the cig lighter, and turn back on automatically when plugged back in. Obviously, I dont want to climb into the back seat just to turn off the camera; that would be ridiculous.

Thank you for any information you can share with me. Have a safe and great day!!!

They will all switch off! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, about all the dashcams I know will switch off after about 10 secs to 1 minute after loosing power. (some are configurable)

Huh. My front camera will stay on until the battery runs down; which is what I do not want. Guess, I need to check my settings. :rolleyes: Thanks for the reply!

Huh. My front camera will stay on until the battery runs down; which is what I do not want. Guess, I need to check my settings. :rolleyes: Thanks for the reply!
Sounds like your power source is always hot versus turning off with the ignition.

Maybe you have a delayed shutdown option (say 2-3 min) and your battery is running it for that amount of time. Check you settings.

Sounds like your power source is always hot versus turning off with the ignition.
I unplug it from the cig lighter (power port) then turn the camera off manually.

you are amazing.
you have a youtube channel about dashcam in hour hometown. You have your fanpage. And all the time, you use Garmin dashcam and dont know how to turn it off ? :D
PS: All dashcam i know has battery can run for 10 minutes. Never seen any dashcam has longer run time than that. So, dont worry.

If your dash cam runs all the time with ignition OFF it clearly has a permanently live power supply to ciggy lighter, you will need to use another ignition switch source maybe the stereo or sunroof/electric window circuit, this will ensure it does not flatten your battery as these will go off with ignition, then adjust your cams setting for shut down delay, oddly although nextbase cams kill batteries the 202lite lasts around 45 minutes with a good battery on battery power alone

Back