Looking for dual dash cam with parking mode

thenascent

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

I'm considering buying a dash cam, and I'd like it to be dual camera with parking mode. Any suggestions or way of going about getting one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2x Mobius cams.
The OP wants Parking Mode. As fond as I am of my Mobius cams, Motion Detect is not the same thing as Parking Mode, i.e. no pre-buffering with Motion Detect.

You can get 2 hours of recording after parking it, so it may be enough for shopping trips, might be worth considering.

Hello!

I'm considering buying a dash cam, and I'd like it to be dual camera with parking mode. Any suggestions or way of going about getting one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to forum.
What is your budget ?

Here's a timelapse I actually just made earlier from some parking mode footage:

Picture quality wise no dual channel system matches the Panorama X2 currently.

I don't want to spend more than $200. Part of the reason I want parking mode is because I'll be bringing my car to college. I've been warned about drunk drivers in the campus parking lot and/or bad drivers hitting your car. 2 hours wouldn't be enough.

Would motion sensor be better for my needs?

I don't want to spend more than $200. Part of the reason I want parking mode is because I'll be bringing my car to college. I've been warned about drunk drivers in the campus parking lot and/or bad drivers hitting your car. 2 hours wouldn't be enough.

As @russ331 pointed out, CF-100 is the way to go. Especially it sells now for half of the price is use to sell a year ago.
For 200$ you get 2ch system + BDP ( battery discharge prevention device ) and 64Gb MicroSD card.
You can not get a better deal at the moment within 200$ for your needs ;)

Does the CF-100 require any hardwiring and how does the BDP work?

Does the CF-100 require any hardwiring and how does the BDP work?

BDP need hardwiring.
BDP prevents your car battery from going flat. You set lowest voltage ( for example 12.1V ) and when car battery reaches this value, - BDP cuts power supply. This way car battery is safe and you can start an engine. Otherwise ( without BDP ) there is a risk your car battery going flat.

So CF-100 does not require hardwiring, but it's parking mode will make it sort of necessary to buy a BDP so my battery doesn't go flat. Any specific BDP you'd recommend?

So CF-100 does not require hardwiring, but it's parking mode will make it sort of necessary to buy a BDP so my battery doesn't go flat. Any specific BDP you'd recommend?

CF-100 intself does not require hardwiring, you just plug cigarette lighter plug into cigarette lighter socket.
If your cigarette lighter socket has constant 12V supply, then CF-100 will work in parking mode as well even after you remove keys from ignition and leave car parked.
In order not to drain car battery, you need a BDP, which need to be hardwired to a fuse box.

There are many BDP-s out there:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...s&field-keywords=battery+discharge+prevention

I am using a MotoPark BDP.

Alright, thanks! I appreciate you answering my questions. :)

Back